The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Tranny Coming Soon/Picture Reguests Here (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24051)

SVX-FF 01-24-2005 07:57 PM

Tranny Coming Soon/Picture Reguests Here

I am getting a used tranny out of a 97 Legacy GT 2.5L. I gave Subie dealer the vin and they confirmed that it has a 4.11 final drive. I am hoping that with the power that a 2.5L has that it will hold up better that my other 4.11 that I killed. My bad.

I got a new digital camera and I will take many photos too.

If there are any special reguest for pics that you people might need please let me know and I will try to take them. Old tranny might get torn down for research and fun. Easier to fit into trash can too :D .

Steve

Chiketkd 01-24-2005 09:39 PM

Best of luck with the swap Steve! Hope this trans lasts a very long time. How many miles does it have?

-Chike

SVX-FF 01-25-2005 06:56 PM

This one has a little over 100k. Very close to my current milage on my car. I to hope that it last a lot longer. They say that it was driven in and there was no noticable problems.

Steve

Chiketkd 01-25-2005 07:03 PM

Cool. Best of luck. :)

-Chike

Tim 01-25-2005 10:10 PM

I've been looking for the 97 2.5gt ones myself actually.

My friend has one with 130k miles and his is still on the original tranny. He beats the crap out of it and he had on two new front tires with old back tires for a good 6 months until he bought new rears and it still runs perfect. I was so jealous.

SVX-FF 01-26-2005 04:14 PM

If he beats the crap out of it in Jersey I can see why out would be jelous. All that stomp and go drivin is a bi@*h on a tranny. :D

I plan on lot of pics.

Steve

Speedklix 01-27-2005 04:15 PM

Re: Tranny Coming Soon/Picture Reguests Here

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by SVX-FF
I am hoping that with the power that a 2.5L has that it will hold up better that my other 4.11 that I killed. My bad.
Steve

Yikes, how long did it last?? I just picked up the very same tranny today. 97 2.5gt most 2.5s have the 4.11. I figured it is the best tranny to match up with the SVX so... I hope I am right, and this will be the solution for both of us :D. Here is a pic of mine, please ignore the linkage and master line... I just slid it in the door and have done nothing but wipe the snow (and a little RG) off with a rag. It has 55K on it and seems to shift like brand new, I really think it is a good choice.

SVX-FF 01-27-2005 04:46 PM

Mine was an auto and out of a Impreza 2.2 Most 2.5 Legacy's were 4.44 and I think all GT's were 4.11. I am not sure about that.

That first tranny only lasted 14 months. My fault that it is dead.

Steve

Speedklix 01-27-2005 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX-FF
Mine was an auto and out of a Impreza 2.2 Most 2.5 Legacy's were 4.44 and I think all GT's were 4.11. I am not sure about that.

That first tranny only lasted 14 months. My fault that it is dead.

Steve

Ohh, I really misunderstood the swap you are performing. I knew you were talking about a toasted 4eat. But for some reason I thought you were swaping to 5mt this time. When I saw the specs and realized they matched what I was doing.. I just jumped to conclusions like a fool. :D

Good luck with your swap, I'll be checkin back to this to see how it comes.

SVX-FF 01-27-2005 08:18 PM

As long as you jump with a bungie cord so as to return to us, here on the network. :D :D :D
I will do a 5mt some day, just do not have the time or second car.

Steve