The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Ready to give up! (Rant) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42415)

crazyhorse 12-19-2007 07:49 PM

Ready to give up! (Rant)

I'm gonna sell off all my cars & buy a dadgummit bicycle

Not like I'd get much for them, none of them runs at the moment. My Pinto, the last running car in my 4 car inventory blew the frack up! #4 cylinder let go.
My Leggy is down with a case of the EJ25 HG-itis.
My SVX is down with a bad case of high clutch freakiness.
My Olds Is down for the Pass Key anti-theft system.
Finally, the Pinto expired today, after a 3 day bout with a Rod Knock (RIP my trusty Steed)

One of these days I'll get a break.

Hocrest 12-19-2007 07:59 PM

That sucks Paul.

There was a time over the summer, where between Melis and I, 1 of the 6 cars was running :(

Wish I was closer and could give a hand...

YourConfused 12-19-2007 08:04 PM

That sucks! The olds should be the easy fix though.
If you have good insurance on one of them you could always...
Never mind that last thought. (or...):D

jeffast 12-19-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 516472)

Not like I'd get much for them, none of them runs at the moment. My Pinto, the last running car in my 4 car inventory blew the frack up! #4 cylinder let go.
Finally, the Pinto expired today, after a 3 day bout with a Rod Knock (RIP my trusty Steed)

wow,
that sucks,
i wish i could do somthing useful
let me know if there is nay way that i can help out

Crazy_pilot 12-19-2007 08:22 PM

I know the feeling. When I did my bearing I garaged the car for about a month. (waiting for parts, waiting to get a chance to use the press at the shop...) When I finally got it back together I had one day of joyful SVXing, and then the alternator cooked itself good and proper. That took a week to sort out.

I'm fortunate to have the Taurus to drive as a backup, that thing does not quit. It has only failed once, and that was because of a 7 year old battery.

Wikedjuggalo 12-19-2007 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 516472)

Just take a step back and breath. Are you far from svxfiles? It sucks when crap happens.

subi-crosser 12-19-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 516496)
Just take a step back and breath. Are you far from svxfiles? It sucks when crap happens.

'FILES' has a project this minute! He will be available when I get my lil' red wagon back!

On the Pinto, I have seen a 390 Ford in one! You might have to Subi-2.2 that rascal!

SUBBYRU89 12-19-2007 09:23 PM

Maybe you and Huck can brain storm to get the SVX going...he's close to you.

subi-crosser 12-19-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUBBYRU89 (Post 516509)
Maybe you and Huck can brain storm to get the SVX going...he's close to you.

HI, Melis!!! aint seen you since the 'pumpkin carve'!

ridered777 12-19-2007 09:31 PM

I know the solution to your problem.

Give that BEAUTIFUL '97 to me. No?:o

How about I trade for a bottle of Asti? Oh that's right, its only Tom who would go for that...:rolleyes:

Hey! I got a bicycle! I'll trade! It's nice, Haro Ryan Nyquist Edition Backtrail X3, from back when I used to dirt-jump. Its a really pretty blue too...:lol:

huck369 12-20-2007 05:21 AM

Paul,
Get with me, we can work something out....
We'll get you back on the road.

LetItSnow 12-20-2007 05:36 AM

Ouch! Is that HG the coolant-leaking-out kind, or the <shiver> coolant-meets-oil kind? I was happy (?) to find that when my 2k Legacy's left bank went, it was coolant-out.

Re: Pinto... 2.3L turbo! There's got to be a Turbo Coupe rusting somewhere...

SUBBYRU89 12-20-2007 06:15 AM

Hi Jerry:) Happy Holidays!

Crazy, this sucks that you are stuck with little to no wheels. Hopefully this is the last bad crap to happen before the New Year hits. Hopefully 2008 will be a little easier on you.

crazyhorse 12-20-2007 12:16 PM

Thanks Melis,
'07 has been a VERY bad year for us. Hopefully this is the crescendo of that bad luck.
The Pinto isn't dead, but she's definitely wounded. I can fix her fairly cheap & quick tho.
Hopefully by close of business today, I'll have the olds back on the road.

subi-crosser 12-20-2007 09:23 PM

40 cars and I'm driving the GMC 3/4 ton to work.

Lil red wagon down, wife has keys to other Outback CLENCHED in FIST, DARING me to try for them. Super-clean Dodge sitting in barn to keep salt off, Street rod in bed, SVX under construction, yadda,yadda!

GMC gets about 9 mpg in town. it makes NO heat! Radiator cooked and re-installed 3 weeks ago, new thermostat installed sat, another new thermostat installed yesterday, heater core flushed tonight and a piece of cardboard installed in front of rad. Now it makes a couple degrees differance.

Sure do miss lil' red!!!!!