The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Spring Classic T-Shirts, etc (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17736)

WestCoastSVX 04-06-2004 01:37 PM

Spring Classic T-Shirts, etc

With the Spring Classic fast approaching (3 1/2 weeks!), I wanted to gauge interest in merchandise for the event.

I'm checking with a new T-shirt source today to see about getting some done for cheaper than the online store ones, and better quality than the homemade ones.

To do this though I would need orders and money up front, with delivery day of event. As is the case with these types of sources, the higher the quantity the better the price.

So who is interested in a Spring Classic T-shirt? Any preferences in what you would like to see (as far as color of shirts, big design on front or "pocket" desing on front with larger image on back, etc).

Also, any interest in mugs for the event? We were thinking of making it a tradition for each of the big touring events to have a set of commemorative items available: T-shirt, mug, and window decal. Already have these for Fall Colors 2, and now we would have them for Spring Classic, and then the next big tour event in the summer, etc.

Input?

WestCoastSVX 04-06-2004 05:37 PM

Just talked to the printing place and it sounds promising. We can get high quality real silk screened shirts done for a great price, catch is have to keep the colors done to 1 or maybe 2 at the most, so have to get creative with the design. We worked up a pretty good one though.

Need to know who is interested ASAP and their sizes. The price will probably be $12 or less (paypal or mailed in ahead), ready for you at the meet and greet Saturday morning.

WestCoastSVX 04-06-2004 06:58 PM

Mugs can be done for incredibly cheap in a one color design, or we can stick to the old formula and do like the Fall Colors mugs, which as you know are a bit more $$$ and have to be ordered individually.

To do the cheaper mugs, is minimum 36 mugs. Might not be a good bet for event-specific mugs. We'll probably stick to offering those through the online store for those that want to continue to add to their collection. :)

jklmnopqrst 04-06-2004 07:47 PM

I'm interested in a t-shirt. Show me a pic of the design and I'll probably buy one. Thanks.

Alycone 04-07-2004 01:15 AM

I want a shirt! :)

manofmayo 04-07-2004 01:33 AM

I'll take a shirt too.

WestCoastSVX 04-07-2004 11:20 AM

Update

Too all members of Northwest SVX, I sent out an email yesterday asking for your orders for the T-shirts (it was at the end of that long email that said please read entire email :D).

It would really be easiest for me if you respond to that with the quantity and size as it says.

For those that are not members of Northwest SVX, I would encourage you to join, it is simple, just email membership@nwsvx.com and then you are on the email list. IF you could mention what your screenname is here too, that would be helpful. :)

The tricky part is since we are ordering event-specific shirts, I want to just order the ones that are spoken for, and for that I need shirt sizes. Once I have the order ready, THEN the guy is going to design the shirts (he can't use any designs I create, it has to be done with his special process). So it will be hard for me to show the design ahead of time, unfortunately. I'll try to work up a general idea though......

WestCoastSVX 04-07-2004 04:19 PM

Here's the design, sorta...

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the basic idea of what we worked up for the design. Like I said, he will be doing it from scratch, drawing the Whidbey Island outline, putting our route on it, and then probably using his pre-loaded fonts to try to get close to mine. He's the artist too so he'll probably tweak things around a little, but you get the idea.

On parts where the text overlaps the picture, the letters will actually be fully outlined in the background color too. That actually goes for the shadowed text too, the main text will be outlined in blue and then the shadow will stand out and make more sense. I just whipped this up in 5 minutes, but hopefully you get the idea.

The shirts will be Navy Blue, close to the background color in this picture. In the past white hasn't been real popular, and we've already done black too (there will be other black ones in the future, we gotta have variety in our closets! :D). The blue is kinda nautical, since this is an island tour, and with the gold graphics it is very Subaru-ish. :)

This is the back of the shirt, will be very large. The front will just have the Northwest SVX logo, also done in gold.

Again, all sizes are $12 (can do up to 3X I believe), and these are on cotton heavyweight shirts with professional silkscreening.

Please let me know by Friday what size and how many you want.

If we don't get enough response by Friday, we will probably have to scrap the idea.

Thanks!

WestCoastSVX 04-08-2004 12:21 PM

Last Call

Looks like this idea may not happen. :(

I have yet to have a single person email me or post a quantity and size they want. :(

In case it got missed, I need this information by Friday (tomorrow), and if I don't have enough, we can't do it.

manofmayo 04-08-2004 12:35 PM

Re: Update

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
Too all members of Northwest SVX, I sent out an email yesterday asking for your orders for the T-shirts (it was at the end of that long email that said please read entire email :D).

It would really be easiest for me if you respond to that with the quantity and size as it says.

jklmnopqrst 04-09-2004 12:54 PM

I'll take a medium. Thanks Troy.

WestCoastSVX 04-11-2004 11:03 AM

Wow, between this thread, the sign up thread, PMs, email, and the phone..... count them, that's 5 different places....... I managed to get everyone's order down I think! :D

Looks like we have enough orders to do a run of T-shirts. :)

I will probably put the order in Tuesday, so that gives a couple more days for any stragglers to let me know if they want some.

ensteele 04-11-2004 01:20 PM

Troy

Pick a thread and put the list down that you have so far and then we can correct it if needed.

WestCoastSVX 04-11-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
Troy

Pick a thread and put the list down that you have so far and then we can correct it if needed.

Good idea, Earl. :) I've decided to keep things simple and clean, I'm going to put each person's T-shirt order next to their name on the sign up list here.

If there are still more questions about the shirts or if people not going to the tour want to buy one, you can still use this thread or PM me. :)

Thanks!