The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   F*** Utah.. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20771)

tancred 08-18-2004 06:06 PM

F*** Utah..

2 Speeding tickets, both 5 overs, now I get a notice my license is going to be suspended unless I go to some points hearing.

Anyone else ever had to deal with this ****? I got 2-3 tickets in the course of 2-3 months or so, All under 10 over, 2 for 5 and 1 for 8 i think. But in every other state ive ever lived in, I have never had to deal with this ****, im gonna be so pissed when i go to this hearing i will prob lose my license.

My sister has tickets in the 100+ in 60mph zones and has never had threats like this against her license??! But that is :rolleyes: colorado.. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I think its BS...

GreenMarine 08-18-2004 06:20 PM

Hey man... I can say F*****g North Carolina!!! Same thing happened to me up there one weekend... I just got a lawyer... I wasn't trying to deal with thier happy horse S%!t....

Lawyer got me off, no problems... But set me back $225... .Well worth it in the grand scheme ot things though :rolleyes:

Mr. Pockets 08-18-2004 06:49 PM

Did the officers who wrote those tickets catch you at 5 over, or did they reduce it from the higher speed they caught you at?

Landshark 08-18-2004 07:31 PM

time to invest in a Valentine. ;)

tancred 08-18-2004 07:40 PM

Ok, it goes like this..

1st Ticket, 5 over in front of my school (Not a school zone, not a highschool, a stupid ITT)., whoever puts a 25 on a frontage road needs thier ass kicked. So, I get a 5 over.

2nd Ticket, 5 over downtown, some cop pulls out from behind a hotdog stand on a bike and pulls me over, i paid for it 10 mins later, It supposedly never made it on my record, who knows..

3rd ticket, the day i left for reno, comming down a hill in my mom's protege, the cop claimed i was doing 50 in a 35, I was in a full pack of traffic, i even saw the cop just sitting on his bike at the bottom of the hill, i was the last car in line. So, he pulls me over, i call bull**** to him, and he says ok, i will give you an 8 over, cuz im feeling nice, i went in to argue it, i told the lady at the counter the cop flat out lied, my bro was with me and he saw the **** too, the cop even marked that he radared me from 2 blocks away which would put me on the other side of a hill.

Incident 4, never caught, 130 down a 11% grade, with plates from previous owner, in a 55 zone, I just floored it, no state cruiser caught that SVX....

I know that one wasnt ever reported, so now im like WTF....I did call a lawyer, thats how my sister still has her license.

I hate the law, and cops, because when I see a cop speeding for no reason, i catch up and pace him, my belief is....

Cops are there to uphold the law, they arent above it, so they cant speed if they arent responding to an emergency?! Any cop who says he can break the law cuz he is a cop, should be kicked outta the system. Thats my personal view though....

My arguement for court will be, you sped on your way here your honor, even if it was 1mph over, so did your balif, and i know this cop here did too, so dont give me this paddy cake law abiding citizen bull ****....

GRR...when im president.....heh....

Thats my rant, and im sticking to it!

Alycone 08-18-2004 08:18 PM

Gee living in Utah sounds like so much fun. I didn't like SLC much from what I saw of it, but I didn't really have time to look around. Pretty scenery when you get out of the city though.

Good luck resolving the ticket issues.

Peach 08-18-2004 08:22 PM

local loco's

For a while I lived and worked in Salt lake. It was the most screwed up city I have ever seen. All the addresses start from that downtown tabernackle thing, you were classified as mormon or jack mormon, and yes the city cops were on crack. No good advice to offer but I know what you say is true. :(

WestCoastSVX 08-19-2004 10:19 AM

major hijack

Hmmmmm Spokane isn't that terribly far from Hood River, is it? :D

Royal Tiger 08-19-2004 11:15 AM

I've given warnings for 18 over. Utah does suck. Move back east to civilization.

GreenMarine 08-19-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PA_SVX
I've given warnings for 18 over. Utah does suck. Move back east to civilization.
Man, I need to move to your area man :D:D:D

Guard-TL- 08-19-2004 11:47 AM

Yeah PA is cool.....specially philly http://forums.probetalk.com/images/s...icon_thumb.gif But cross the bridge in to NJ, all they do is give you tickets. Last year I got a ticket on 55....but get this.........the cop wasn't even there.(It was droped in court in seconds)

Peach 08-19-2004 12:01 PM

Hood river

Ah, Hood river it's about 320 miles from here. I really want to make the meet... with my SVX. Was gonna tear the tranny out and do the flex plate, but i'll bet the car would probably make it. I have seen at least a dozen SVXes around town, don't know why I don't see more on the site, would be nice to trip with another Spokanite in case the car fails. Forgot the dates Aug. 28? Can't imagine what it would cost if the car failed., out there. Still my mother says my sister got all the brains so I might come anyway... even if I have the radiator plugged with epoxy putty. ;)

WestCoastSVX 08-19-2004 12:21 PM

Yep, August 28th is the show. A bunch of us from over here are going down in a convoy that Friday and camping Friday night as well.

At any rate, would love to see you there and meet you, but also don't want to push you into a bad situation. Use your best judgement! :)

But it's gonna be fun! :D