The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Competition Motorsports (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   my 4.44's first rally-x (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36182)

rallyingrob 11-19-2006 01:39 PM

my 4.44's first rally-x

well THAT was ummmmmmmmm interesting!!!

the car ran like a champ !! :)

now if only i knew how to drive!!

14 entries, i finished 7th overall and 2nd in class (AWD stock)

kinda sucked...i usually ran in the top 3 in my old 89 civic si, including one over-all win (37 entries that day !! woohoo!!)

power and traction have a hard time competing against nimble and LIGHT fwd's.......
even my wife (who knows zilch about cars) observed a huge difference in how the svx ran compared to the smaller cars.she could really see how the weight and inertia worked against me........

dang
:(

i'll have to get my rally tires mounted-up and take off the walmart snow tires!!!

ps...........as soon as pics are posted, i'll pass along the link to them for anyone interested........

i GOTTA get the parts car built into a proper rally machine !!! grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!:D

Chiketkd 11-20-2006 12:44 PM

Sounds like you had a blast! Congrats. Looking forward to the pics. :cool:

Btw, did your SVX bottom out all all during any of your runs? The SVX doesn't have a lot of ground clearance and the engine oil pan does sit pretty low upfront.

rallyingrob 11-20-2006 02:02 PM

front was fine
the REAR however...!!!
lol

the car sat for about 5 months with the entire tranny, front diff, exhaust driveshaft etc in the trunk/backseat

so the rear springs are sooooooo sagged that they wont recover.....the exhaust only dragged verrry lightly a few times so it was ok.:)

parts car seems to have better suspension, so for the short-term i'll just swap it over......

i was beaten by 3 experienced racers in 2 different gutted golfs with welded diff s and rally tires

as well as a mostly rally prepped celica gt4(with rally tires)
a legacy turbo with a HIGHLY experienced driver on rally tires

and to be honest, i cant remember who else got in ahead of me...the rotten bugger!! :)

yep.had a blast, the course was very smooth and all gravel with light rain most of the day........
i cant wait for snow and ice to give me a boost !!!

rallyingrob 11-22-2006 12:11 PM

pics are up all 2 of them :(

here's the link for our club's rally-x series....

these pics are in a pdf format
the chap who took them is VERY good.he has written several books on photography.....

kinda sux.only 2 pics!! and not very "actiony" are they?!
oh well......with the lighting/conditions of the day, i guess it was hard to get shots that met his high standards??

i guess.i dunno.........or maybe he just did 2 per car for the poster format he made.......?

2 is better than none though!!
lol

rallyingrob 11-22-2006 12:12 PM

aw jeez
i forgot the link !!!
here it is....
http://www.ramsayscycle.com/ARMS/HMM...AX-19Nov06.pdf

Earthworm 11-22-2006 12:41 PM

hmmm...a lot of hatches + 1 SVX :)

rallyingrob 11-22-2006 07:27 PM

yep :(

i was just thinking 'bout the parts car.......

if i remove the body panels i can drop them with a friends uncle who owns a composites company.......i'll have to have a chat with him about light weight body panels (i LOVE the race/street hoods available online, but i'm hoping to source a cheaper alternative....for rally use i can deal with less than stellar fit and finish !!)

but for a competition car, wouldnt doors and trunk lids be nice too?

rob"dreamin and schemin"m.

Chiketkd 11-22-2006 08:00 PM

Photos look great! :cool: In the 2nd pic of your SVX the hood looks like it's open - or is it slightly bent?

rallyingrob 11-22-2006 09:04 PM

bent.previous owner had a fender-bender on right front......parts car coming soon(hopefully sunday!!) with good hood and fender.......:)