The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Central VA 4.444 trans swap meet! Saturday May 6th! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25876)

Chiketkd 04-30-2005 08:27 PM

Central VA 4.444 trans swap meet! Saturday May 7th!

Okay, I just finished confirming things with Svxfiles and my uncle Ricky who lives in Orange county VA. My 4.444 trans swap will take place next Saturday on my uncle's lift in the fully stocked garage he and his brother built by his house. Therefore weather will not be a factor!

My uncle's address is:

8326 Wilderness Woods Ln
Rhoadsville, VA 22542

He's located about 1 hour south of Washington D.C.

If anyone is interested in attending, feel free to PM or e-mail me at chiketkd@yahoo.com

I definitely would want to let my uncle know the number of people coming in advance as he and his brother are expert hunters (in a rural VA kinda way ;) ).

-Chike

n00b on demand 04-30-2005 09:05 PM

340 miles from my house.....wish i could make it.

Chiketkd 04-30-2005 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
340 miles from my house.....wish i could make it.

That would be a long dive for you Tom!!!! Plus my house would still be another 1 hour south of there if you wanted to stay the night...

-Chike

n00b on demand 05-01-2005 09:10 AM

Yeah map quest said its about 5 and a half hours! Me and namaah ( joe) are gonna be going to a couple subaru meets around here on may7th saturday.

SSSVX 05-01-2005 11:50 AM

Oh you didn't do it this weekend?

280++miles from me. Wish I could go. I love svxfile's tom plc
better...that's alot of closer. hehe.

Must be a nice garage huh? :)

Chiketkd 05-04-2005 07:36 AM

Anyone else? I know we have some members in the Northern VA area. Orange county is just a 1 hour drive away.

-Chike

SVXRide 05-04-2005 08:51 AM

Chike,
103 miles from my house according to Mapquest! I'd be there, except I'll be racing (the local SCCA moved this month's event to Saturday to prevent any maritial issues...i.e. Sunday is Mother's Day!). I'll call you to lend moral support! :D
-Bill

benebob 05-04-2005 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide
Chike,
103 miles from my house according to Mapquest! I'd be there, except I'll be racing (the local SCCA moved this month's event to Saturday to prevent any maritial issues...i.e. Sunday is Mother's Day!). I'll call you to lend moral support! :D
-Bill

Must be nice they moved it to Sat. I gotta hope I can get out of there early enough to make it to brunch this Sunday. Saturday is definately out for me. If I don't have a baby, I'm working.
;)

SVXRide 05-04-2005 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
Must be nice they moved it to Sat. I gotta hope I can get out of there early enough to make it to brunch this Sunday. Saturday is definately out for me. If I don't have a baby, I'm working.
;)

Ah, come on Ben....put that puppy on the trailer and come on down!! :D
There are plenty of Minis that want to meet the world's baddest (and lightest) autocrossing SVX ;)
-Bill (still trying to decide if going to the drag strip the night before autocrossing might be tempting fate just a bit too much...)

benebob 05-04-2005 07:36 PM

Quote:

Ah, come on Ben....put that puppy on the trailer and come on down!! :D
There are plenty of Minis that want to meet the world's baddest (and lightest) autocrossing SVX ;)
-Bill (still trying to decide if going to the drag strip the night before autocrossing might be tempting fate just a bit too much...)

Must be runable for Sunday. Our sponsors our coming!!! I was getting quite worried with the not running thing. Just like you, I don't want to tempt fate. Besides, with a due date of the 12th of May. I don't think I'd be allowed to travel so far away from the wifey.
:D

We'll be down to send some mini's home crying at some point this year. :eek: Just would prefer to get to actually drive it all of our runs for more than one or 2 events first.

Chiketkd 05-04-2005 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
Saturday is definately out for me. If I don't have a baby, I'm working.
;)

Ben, good luck with your soon-to-arrive baby. Being a dad is a great feeling! :)

-Chike

Chiketkd 05-04-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

Chike,
-Bill

Bill,

I understand. Once I finish up with the swap, I'll need to hurry back Sunday morning to join my wife at the mother's day service at my church.

-Chike

Chiketkd 05-06-2005 02:08 PM

Doh!

Just realized I had the wrong date for the swap. It'll go down tomorrow on Saturday, May 7th.

At this time it looks like only Svxfiles, Green_eyed_lady and myself will be in attendance.

-Chike