The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   find the genius (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2114)

calmone 12-02-2001 09:13 AM

find the genius

i want to find the so and so at subaru who designed the radio( not just the "functional" door). luckily i went to my mechanic to borrow him for 15 minutes to pull the cd player and install the replacement. 2 hours later he finally finished. how the hell any normal human being can be expected to figure out how to take the plastic housing free to get to the retaining screws on the radio and reach in and disconnect the wiring deep behind the dash and then have to take the radio out to get to the cd and then how to put the whole thing back together and have the door work properly when these little plastic retaining protrusions on the housing refuse to snap back into place. well, that genius was one hell of an engineer.

Aredubjay 12-02-2001 01:02 PM

Re: find the genius

Quote:

Originally posted by calmone
i want to find the so and so at subaru who designed the radio( not just the "functional" door). luckily i went to my mechanic to borrow him for 15 minutes to pull the cd player and install the replacement. 2 hours later he finally finished. how the hell any normal human being can be expected to figure out how to take the plastic housing free to get to the retaining screws on the radio and reach in and disconnect the wiring deep behind the dash and then have to take the radio out to get to the cd and then how to put the whole thing back together and have the door work properly when these little plastic retaining protrusions on the housing refuse to snap back into place. well, that genius was one hell of an engineer.
HAHAHA! We can line him up against the wall with Mr. McPherson (of McPherson strut fame) and the fellow who decided transverse mounted engines were better, and have an impromptu firing squad. :D

(Actually, I know some people who can pull the SVX radio and CD player and have it back in the bay with all doors working, in 20 minutes time. :) )

SVXphile 12-02-2001 06:25 PM

Pit stop...

<(Actually, I know some people who can pull the SVX radio and CD player and have it back in the bay with all doors working, in 20 minutes time. )

If I ever decide to upgrade to a megabucks/megawatt unit....I'll give ya a call Randy!:)
Don

Ron Mummert 12-02-2001 06:57 PM

Re: Re: find the genius

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

(Actually, I know some people who can pull the SVX radio and CD player and have it back in the bay with all doors working, in 20 minutes time. :) )

I had no idea you would associate with such people.
I'm shocked - Ron.

Aredubjay 12-02-2001 07:16 PM

Re: Re: Re: find the genius

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

I had no idea you would associate with such people.
I'm shocked - Ron.

Well, I do. Bill Moore is a nice guy. :)