The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Unusual Sighting (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7654)

Green1995SVX 12-19-2002 10:11 AM

Unusual Sighting

Don called me yesterday. He saw a Yellow SVX with yellow wheels parked outside of the Starbucks in Squirrel Hill. (east of pittsburgh). He called me and told me to post about it. So... im posting. :D

Mike

WestCoastSVX 12-19-2002 12:07 PM

I just had one too, though not quite as extreme as that. More of the "Outback SVX" color scheme variety. See my post in NW Forum if you care for more.

WestCoastSVX 12-19-2002 12:09 PM

Re: Unusual Sighting

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
a Yellow SVX with yellow wheels

Now I'm no Randy, I think Stephen's yellow SVX is one of the sharpest around, but this goes beyond the limits of good taste. :eek:

Green1995SVX 12-19-2002 12:12 PM

Yeah, no kidding. Don said it was REALLY bad.

Mike

WestCoastSVX 12-19-2002 12:19 PM

Fisher PriceTM Edition.

"My first SVX"

:D :D

Green1995SVX 12-19-2002 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
Fisher PriceTM Edition.

"My first SVX"

:D :D

HAHAHA!! LMAO :D

Mike

jpepper 07-16-2003 09:59 AM

Mystery solved

1 Attachment(s)
That was my yellow Subaru in the Starbucks lot in Squirrel Hill. And no, it's not a Fisher Price toy... When I first talked with the guy who painted it (Rege at Kustom Koach in Lawrenceville), he suggested yellow wheels and at first it sounded kinda tacky. But I like the way it turned out. And the body's fade from yellow to white was also his idea - it looks *really* nice, especially at night.

Anyway, take a look at the pic and decide for yourself.

ensteele 07-16-2003 10:12 AM

First - welcome to the site jpepper. Good to have you here.

The fade from yellow to white is very interesting. I like that. For me, the yellow wheels are a little too much yellow. :) They look ok, but I would like something to break up all of the yellow. I would have to play with it a little, because it may not do that much and the yellow wheels may be better. :)

NomadTW 07-16-2003 10:18 AM

wow pullin this thread out of the framework

welcome to the site

alacrity024 07-16-2003 10:36 AM

I like the shade of yellow, although i'm not sure how i feel about the "fade to white" thing.. i dig the wheels, although i don't necessarily agree with them.. i like the idea of changing the color of the stock wheels.. i have to ask about the "side marker" though.. is it a reflector? is there a light under there? what inspired it? i can't decide if i like it or not, but it's original for sure

-adam

snakeeyes232 07-16-2003 11:17 AM

Re: Mystery solved

Quote:

Originally posted by jpepper

...and the award for most unique SVX goes too....

Seriously, nice SVX. What IS the story with the carbon patch on the passenger front fender? Does it breathe throught there?

seasvx 07-16-2003 12:36 PM

Re: Mystery solved

Quote:

Originally posted by jpepper
Ok, I've decided:

Perfect! Just the way it is! I dig it! Nice piece!

jpepper 07-16-2003 01:10 PM

The extra thingie in the right front is a vent that routes air to the engine compartment. The theory, of course, is that it helps the engine run cooler. I have no idea whether it actually has any effect on the engine, but it looks nice.

By the way, the car also has an upgraded engine control computer. My dealer (Langston Subaru) did this for me so I'm not sure about the details, but apparently there's a company in Australia that reprograms Subaru SVX ECCs and claims to get an extra 15 hp out of the engine... Anyone know if this is true?

jeff

jpepper 07-16-2003 01:32 PM

glad yinz like it

1 Attachment(s)
And thanks to everyone for the thumbs-up on the car.

Here's another picture, side view, with waterfall and flowers included at no additional charge:

NikFu S. 07-16-2003 04:34 PM

very nice! im totally going to install a vent there now. id like to hear more about this australian company too.