The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What a crappy December. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7632)

$VX 12-18-2002 11:42 AM

What a crappy December.

Ack. Nothing but rain for hte past 12 hours. Where's the white stuff?!?! Mother nature needs to get a clue; December is for SNOW, not 51 degree weather and rain. Blech.

- Ca$h

PS: On the upside, I've never driven the SVX in such heavy rain... and.. wow.. I've never felt so secure and competent in an automobile in such conditions before. Neat-o. I love this car. ;)

Phast SVX 12-18-2002 11:47 AM

heh, guess i should start reading posts before i make them....you said it cash, this is wrong. And look what it did to my baby in the garage!
phil

Mr. Pockets 12-18-2002 11:50 AM

Re: What a crappy December.

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
Ack. Nothing but rain for hte past 12 hours. Where's the white stuff?!?! Mother nature needs to get a clue; December is for SNOW, not 51 degree weather and rain. Blech.

- Ca$h

PS: On the upside, I've never driven the SVX in such heavy rain... and.. wow.. I've never felt so secure and competent in an automobile in such conditions before. Neat-o. I love this car. ;)

Most Subarus are just as confident in heavy rain. Any recent Subaru should be. My mom raves about her Legacy and my wife's is also very stable. The Justy, even without any weight to it, resists planing pretty well since it has such skinny tires - but wind does blow it around a little. :D

Anyway, yeah, the weather sucks here, too. Everything was covered in a sheet of ice this morning and it was still raining. It was with great hesitation that I saw my wife off to work. If it had been any colder, I wouldn't have let her go.

At least my SVX doesn't have salt on it like Phast's. :) Although, my upstairs neighbor is doing some kind of wood shop project in his part of the garage and my car is collecting sawdust. I have a cover, but the car is filthy so I don't want to put it on.

svxqueen 12-18-2002 12:09 PM

Re: What a crappy December.

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX

- Ca$h

Sorry guys, I'm not going to complain!!! It's 50 degrees and sunny here in Pittsburgh!!!

solarsvx 12-18-2002 12:33 PM

svx temprature gauge read 74 this morning nothing but clear skys and freshly waxed svx =>

i think im heading to south beach miami next weekend

sorry had to rub it in , LOL

james s
orlando
sunny florida

Mr. Pockets 12-18-2002 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by solarsvx
svx temprature gauge read 74 this morning nothing but clear skys and freshly waxed svx =>

i think im heading to south beach miami next weekend

sorry had to rub it in , LOL

james s
orlando
sunny florida

I don't really envy people who live in warmer climates. Yeah, I guess it's nice outside in the winter. But your summers aren't worth it. Plus, I enjoy a cold winter. I love snow. Gimme a -50 windchill instead of 90 and sunny any day of the week. :D

And I'll actually be in Orlando Friday night, before we head out on our cruise.

petesvx2 12-18-2002 01:18 PM

up here in ct we dont really have to worry about drastic weather...maybe ice or snow, but i'd rather have those coming around than a hurricane with 100+ mph winds or tornado's

Green1995SVX 12-18-2002 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I don't really envy people who live in warmer climates. Yeah, I guess it's nice outside in the winter. But your summers aren't worth it. Plus, I enjoy a cold winter. I love snow. Gimme a -50 windchill instead of 90 and sunny any day of the week. :D

Didnt we have this discussion last week? I dont like warm climates either.

Mike

Mr. Pockets 12-18-2002 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

Didnt we have this discussion last week? I dont like warm climates either.

Mike

For all I'm capable of remembering, we had this discussion this morning!

lee 12-18-2002 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Port Canaveral? Which boat?

I drive past the port most days on my way to work at Cape Canaveral. My sister just came back from a cruise on the Zaandam Saturday.

Don't want to be a downer, but be careful, a couple of the boats had some contagious disease thing (disney included). One boat spent a week in port getting a disinfectant treatment. If you should get sick, make sure they compensate you with at least a future trip free, maybe pick up your bar tab too.

SVXphile 12-18-2002 07:28 PM

Lee

Jean and I will be visiting Animal Kingdom at Disney World Sunday Dec. 29th. The next day we will be heading up the east coast of Florida. One of our little travel hobbies is visiting, or at least seeing at a distance, lighthouses....

....could you give us any tips on how best to see the lighthouse at Cape Canaveral? I read that it is difficult to get close to...
Thanks! Don

lee 12-18-2002 08:13 PM

Re: Lee

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
Jean and I will be visiting...snip...could you give us any tips on how best to see the lighthouse at Cape Canaveral...snip
Don, sent you a PM

SVXphile 12-18-2002 08:35 PM

Thanks Lee!

Don

solarsvx 12-19-2002 07:13 AM

if u are in florida visiting i would definatly check out clear water beach is one of the best here besides daytona and miami and cocoa beach..

i guess one of the fun things of snow is AWD drifts => but we have sand and lots of it i guess the same principle LOL.

i like snow and cold weather but only to visit not to live there no thanxs...shoving snow off your car and drive ways.. road salt all over your car...wearing 10 jackets...being wet and cold =<

but then again we have huricanes threaten 2 times a month and could loose everything. not to mention the damm sunshine rain,, it will be perfectly clear out side but it will rain right on your car and no where else..

ohh well sorry guys im getting way o/t here,

CigarJohnny 12-19-2002 09:14 AM

Clearwater Beach is nice but if you are into waves you will be disappointed. But the gulf water sure is nice if you're not. There is so much to do and see in Florida it's rediculous!