The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Super bowl, whos going to win? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31175)

svxsubaru1 01-27-2006 02:27 PM

Super bowl, whos going to win?

Its Seattles year there going to run over the Stealers. The only reason the games getting hyped up is so people will aculey watch it and place some bets :D, but then again iam from Seattle.

Shadow248 01-27-2006 02:52 PM

Let's see...Steelers favored by 4, Steelers are home team, Steelers have beaten the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seed to get to the Super Bowl...

Alan, you want to add anything?

I pick Pittsburgh to win it big.

Red SVX 92 01-27-2006 03:48 PM

I don't see an option: teh commercials for teh win!

I'm rooting for Seattle, but I'd be putting my money on the Steelers if I were betting big.

Then again, I would've lost good money on the Rose Bowl too if I'd bet on it...

Royal Tiger 01-27-2006 04:07 PM

I picked Texas over USC so I hope to go two for two in picking Pittsburgh.

ensteele 01-27-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigershark
I picked Texas over USC so I hope to go two for two in picking Pittsburgh.

Sorry to hear you are will be one for two. :D :D

Royal Tiger 01-27-2006 06:10 PM

Earl! :( I'm just bidding my time till my Cowboys are back! :D

svxsubaru1 01-27-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow248
Let's see...Steelers favored by 4, Steelers are home team, Steelers have beaten the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seed to get to the Super Bowl...

Alan, you want to add anything?

I pick Pittsburgh to win it big.

Seattles a first seed, that ran over the Redskins and Panthers with almost no effort involved. I also dont know about that home field advantage this is Seattles first professional level championship game, (besides the WNBA) since the 78-79 Seattle Sonics run for the championship which they won. Theres going to be a huge Seahawks fan base there, i even considered going with some friends and iam at college, and 2000 miles away.

AppStateSVX 01-27-2006 06:14 PM

Atlanta will beat both of them!!:cool:

seriously, I think Pittsburgh will take this one home

Shadow248 01-27-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxsubaru1
Seattles a first seed, that ran over the Redskins and Panthers with almost no effort involved. I also dont know about that home field advantage this is Seattles first professional level championship game, (besides the WNBA) since the 78-79 Seattle Sonics run for the championship which they won. Theres going to be a huge Seahawks fan base there, i even considered going with some friends and iam at college, and 2000 miles away.

Apparently you haven't heard about Pittsburgh fans :p Detroit isn't all that far from western PA. Of course I shouldn't be talking, i'll be watching it from my couch. :(

So Pittsburgh gets to take down two first seeds in ONE season. Wow that I hadn't even though of ;)

Landshark 01-27-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxsubaru1
Theres going to be a huge Seahawks fan base there, i even considered going with some friends and iam at college, and 2000 miles away.

unfortunately, the fans won't be able to do anything to help the Seatards.

n00b on demand 01-28-2006 08:47 AM

There is no way that there is going to be more seahawks fans than steelers fans. The steelers have one of the most loyal fanbases in the entire NFL....they will invade detroit with their terrible towels :D

svxsubaru1 01-28-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
unfortunately, the fans won't be able to do anything to help the Seatards.

There not going to need it.

ensteele 01-28-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b on demand
There is no way that there is going to be more seahawks fans than steelers fans. The steelers have one of the most loyal fanbases in the entire NFL....they will invade detroit with their terrible towels :D

That is true. The Steelers fans only got 50% of the tickets and the Seahawks fans got the other 50%. ;) :)

subi-crosser 01-30-2006 11:55 PM

I ain't rootin for NOBODY!! But....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
I don't see an option: teh commercials for teh win!

I'm rooting for Seattle, but I'd be putting my money on the Steelers if I were betting big.

Then again, I would've lost good money on the Rose Bowl too if I'd bet on it...

I have a tape ready for the COMMERCIALS!!! They are 'World Class', But IF I WAS paying $1,000,000. for 15 seconds, I would be putting my best foot forward!!

Sidewinder 01-31-2006 08:36 PM

I think the Rolling Stones are going to win. They're bigger than both teams combined!!