The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX in a short film? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42674)

nonSTOP_service 01-07-2008 07:28 PM

SVX in a short film?

Watch this trailer.

A friend of mine is a film major at the local University (UWisconsin), whilist another friend of mine claims he can make a video even though he has no experience doing so.

Somehow me and my SVX got caught up in the mix, so enjoy this short trailer. Oh and a head's up, there's some pretty foul language in here, me and my crew are rather offensive to each other. I'm the fat guy counting spark plugs, the trailer doesn't show it, but we were actually explaining to some kid at the gas station how my car IS a subaru and how it's NOT a four cylinder.

It's Just Eric 01-07-2008 07:59 PM

the shot at 225 is sweet. lol

nonSTOP_service 01-07-2008 08:07 PM

Yeah it was AWESOME, a guy we know told us as long as we didn't disturb anything we could go mess around near his construction area.

We have 2 1/2 hours of footage, including a part where I have to field repair my ABS and such lol.

SubaRyu 01-08-2008 01:18 AM

Sweeet! I like 1:17 and 2:25. Great shots...!!

Sir. Nate 01-08-2008 03:22 AM

love it :D

MilesFox 01-08-2008 04:22 AM

plenty more to come! keep an eye out and subscribe

www.youtube.com/milesfox

this so far is just a trailer of a presumed 45 min to one hour film.

aside from the film itself, there will be extended driving scenes of the same footage outside of the film edit itself

SVX_MY_BABY 01-08-2008 06:18 AM

:WTF::tard::plot: Doesn't do it for me. Good donuts though, if you like that sort of thing.

nonSTOP_service 01-08-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY (Post 519906)
:WTF::tard::plot: Doesn't do it for me. Good donuts though, if you like that sort of thing.

Hahah, really as the trailer says, it's just a couple of guys doing donuts and there just so happens to be cameras around. The conflict between the two "directors" is what spurred the short film status of the video.

I'm actually going to get in touch with MilesFox (look up) and see if I can't put together a short clip of just the car action. Fox's film will basically be an inside look of how we operate on an everyday level.

solarsvx 01-09-2008 06:44 AM

i dont get it "shrugs" 2 kids tearing up there cars in snow, :rolleyes:

nonSTOP_service 01-09-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarsvx (Post 520148)
i dont get it "shrugs" 2 kids tearing up there cars in snow, :rolleyes:

Tell me it isn't refreshing to see someone willing to toss around their SVX for some lulz here and there.

The car has 220+ thousand miles on it and it's body isn't in the best of shape. I figure I'll give this one a good last hurrah before it inevitably dies of old age. Don't get me wrong though, I still repair it, it's not like I run it with no oil or something stupid like that. I just think the car deserves to be driven like a sports car, at least every once and a while.

I'm sure in the future I'll come across my dream SVX, a low miles Laguna Blue in mint condition. Till then, I live it up.

MilesFox 01-14-2008 02:29 AM

what else did you want to see? garbled cell phone videos or poorly shot with the zoom all the way in?
it was a practice with video cameras. shooting moving cars from moving cars, no matter what the car was or what it was doing. its more interesting than interstate driving.

unless there was an autocross track or a dragstrip at our disposal, truck stops and construction sites will have to do!

i could have videotaped some video game racing with the camera, just like some kids do who have never heard of a VCR.

it was all in fun. give it some sort of credit.

MilesFox 01-14-2008 08:28 AM

woops double post

MilesFox 03-05-2008 12:52 AM

non student film- The Movie!

here it is folks, the finished version of the film. sorry for the small screen and the 'trial version' since i had to use some cheap free download software to convert it from the dvd file i rendered, after already deleting the stock footage.

somehow it dropped the end credits and the last dialogue. but if you saw the trailer then the part where desmond jones talks about clash of egos is pretty much the end scene

enjoy

oops almost forgot the link!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...60831484263504

sharky512345 03-05-2008 01:14 AM

tight trailer it reminds me of the stuff i used to do in my svx when i still had it. this OBS doesn't even come close to that car..

It's Just Eric 03-05-2008 01:52 AM

...epic...
p.s. fix that reverse light fool