The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Finally! LPE Stage 1 Installed! (Not SVX) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20885)

Shadow248 08-24-2004 12:17 PM

Finally! LPE Stage 1 Installed! (Not SVX)

For those who are interested, I have finally finished the LPE Stage 1 Package install on my WS6. It only took the whole summer to get all the right crap and finally get around to installing it, but so far it seems like it was worth it.

The Performance package consists of a 90mm high flow intake and throttle body, Corsa stainless steel exhaust, and custom ground cam. The company claims I should see 420hp at the crank. I have no idea if that's what i'm getting, because the car still needs some fine tuning, and after spending all the money on the parts, I have none left for a dyno run. But that's ok, the pants-o-meter will do for now.

The hardware:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...w248/20362.JPG

Chiketkd 08-24-2004 12:36 PM

Hey I used to own a '95 camaro back in the day and I'm very interested! That's an awesome upgrade you did there. 420hp is a pretty conservative estimate from what I've heard.

What kinda times were you running in the 1/4 before doing those mods (street tires or slicks)? Do you plan on running it again at the track later this year?

-Chike

Shadow248 08-24-2004 12:52 PM

I haven't run this one at the track yet. I love it too much and i'm afraid to hurt it. I will definetly get there sometime, especially with the LPE setup. For reference purposes, on street tires, the stock WS6 runs 13.2-13.5 in the quarter. I've seen guys with drag radials run 12.9-13.0. God only knows what she'll run now.

tancred 08-24-2004 12:54 PM

I dunnno what that kit includes, but I have a buddy in colorado springs, with a supercharged WS6, he was the SUPRA Slayer, that car would see the 10s constantly and had the sickest, I MEAN SICKEST little whine to it when he would just putz around the parking lot, at WOT it was just sickening...

Shadow248 08-24-2004 01:01 PM

Superchargers are just about the ultimate upgrade for the LS1. The engine is built rock-solid from the factory and requires very little modification to run 12psi or even higher. Running 12psi should put you in the 10's very efficiently.

The latest craze seems to be turbo systems now. Incon and Turbonetics both make single turbo systems that make over 700hp. Incon is just finishing up testing a race twin turbo system that makes 1200bhp on a properly built LS1. Yeah, I know, that's ridiculous. But it's nice to know it's possible.

tancred 08-24-2004 01:03 PM

WS6 is the only car other then a RX-7 I would buy for the drag strip.

ONLY OTHER CAR.......they just ooze power....like chike oozes posts on this board....hehe....so thats a lot of power ;)

Subafreak 08-25-2004 06:28 PM

What only 700hp from 8cyls?:rolleyes:

Chiketkd 08-25-2004 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by tancred
they just ooze power....like chike oozes posts on this board....hehe....so thats a lot of power ;)
You're just full of jokes today, eh? :p

-Chike

Shadow248 08-25-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

What only 700hp from 8cyls?
Yup ONLY 700hp. ONLY low 10's in the quarter mile and ONLY one of the fastest cars allowed on the street. BUT if you require more, go for it - add another turbo and bump it up to over 1000hp. You'll probably die from it, but if that's your thing, more power to you (literally).

Subafreak 08-26-2004 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow248

Yup ONLY 700hp. ONLY low 10's in the quarter mile and ONLY one of the fastest cars allowed on the street. BUT if you require more, go for it - add another turbo and bump it up to over 1000hp. You'll probably die from it, but if that's your thing, more power to you (literally).

You know I'm just bustin right? How the hell do they fit anything else under the hoods of those things:confused:

Shadow248 08-26-2004 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Subafreak
You know I'm just bustin right? How the hell do they fit anything else under the hoods of those things
I figured. It's really hard to pick up tone over the internet. Thus the reason why my response was fairly nuetral. I didn't get medieval like I could have because I wasn't sure of your intent.

Anyway, I see what you are saying about fitting stuff under the hood. There is room, but I myself don't know how they fit two turbos, intercoolers and the associated plumbing for that Incon race kit. Most likely the fit underneath the exhaust manifolds...there is plenty of room underneath the engine, it just looks really tight from the top.

Subafreak 08-27-2004 06:52 PM

Oh...but there tight underneath too. I know, iv'e tried to tune one up. (Or I should say "Ive had to tune TWO! of them up":mad: )

I may be be confused thoe. The ones I'm familier with are like the 92 to 94 Bird/Camaro and a 92 Vette. All of them had that piss poor front mounted dist. that leaks oil and rusts inside. What motor is that exactly? Now there is also a DOHC motor that came in the Vetts right? What motor is that?

And what the hell is a Lefingweller:confused:

Chiketkd 08-27-2004 08:49 PM

The '99 Trans Am WS-6's came with the 5.7L LS1 V8 used in the C5 Corvettes. It was detuned to make ~320hp, however, owners could order performance options a la carte from their dealer to boost performance to crazy figures.

Lingenfelter is a famous Corvette tuner, and since the two cars shared the same powertrain, mods for a C5 corvette could also be used on the F body cars (Trans Am's and Camaro's).

-Chike

upnygimp 08-27-2004 09:12 PM

The only good place for a LS1 is under the hood of a FD3S RX7. Now there's a real sports car. None of this silly Camarobird nonsense. ;)

SubaSteevo 08-27-2004 10:07 PM

Glad you finally got everything installed, enjoy ;)