The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Attraction to people of all ages (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59582)

Gamesy 04-04-2012 06:54 AM

Attraction to people of all ages

Yesterday I was heading back to my car from the restaurant to see this lady peeking inside my car, she asked if it was mine and i said yes, then she began to ask about the windows and the automatic seatbelts, i've always been asked about the windows but never about the seatbelts, apparently she's never seen the car before. It was definitely a change of perspective.

SVX_MY_BABY 04-04-2012 07:28 AM

Re: Attraction to people of all ages

I stopped at a furniture store on the weekend. When I was leaving all the salesmen ranging across the age spectrum were by the door. They asked if that was my car. Thought it was a new model but figured it couldn't be because of the haze on the headlights and grill. Also had a guy come over and strike up a conversation about the SVX while I was at the gas pump. Nice to have a unique car.:D

ensteele 04-04-2012 07:47 AM

That is one of the things that I like best about our SVXs. :D

AlcyoneSVX 04-05-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 701469)
That is one of the things that I like best about our SVXs. :D

Ditto! :)

Alex-svx 04-05-2012 04:48 AM

The last tuesday when i chage the clutch on the svx.
I have a place where the Porsche folks have there club meeting ang place there cars over the winter.

And one person came to me and start to ask about the car. He have Never seen one and i start to told him a little of the car and he was sock when i told him this is a Subaru and whit that kind of engine :cool:
And he think the car was verry nice and special. (good the car also have new fresh paint.)

So i am looking forword to get the car on the road agin hopeful about a week or two.:)
So i can get more questions. :lol:

Conn SVX 04-05-2012 06:08 AM

I had a lady say to me .. That car is only a 1988 ? I said no, why do you say it that way? Well it looks like a brand new car. I said then where did you get the idea it was an 88? That is what the license plate said . ( I have vanity plates on the car )

Chuckls 04-05-2012 09:05 AM

We have a thread for this

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59077

Conn SVX 04-05-2012 10:53 AM

I know , I even started it, but I didn't want to say anything about it.

Chuckls 04-05-2012 10:59 AM

Good idea leaving it to the asshole of the forums :)

dromano 05-28-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlcyoneSVX (Post 701580)
Ditto! :)

AlcyoneSVX, if I were you, I'd go after Earl's 97 Bordeaux. A young sister to the black 92, also painted black would be an awesome garage full, do ya think?:confused::D:D

AlcyoneSVX 05-28-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dromano (Post 705262)
AlcyoneSVX, if I were you, I'd go after Earl's 97 Bordeaux. A young sister to the black 92, also painted black would be an awesome garage full, do ya think?:confused::D:D

Black twins in the garage would be awesome!

dromano 05-29-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlcyoneSVX (Post 705268)
Black twins in the garage would be awesome!

When will Earl chime in? He must have a need to free up his garage space:rolleyes: Here's an idea, AlcyoneSVX, you buy my other 92 & make Earl a very friendly offer that wouldn't reduce his stable:D