The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I saw this... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25770)

Red SVX 92 04-25-2005 11:02 PM

I saw this...

And just thought of you guys. :)

http://www.fototime.com/%7BE943E862-...7D/picture.JPG
http://www.fototime.com/%7B7DC6E9FD-...7D/picture.JPG

Even with the two-tone, it just isn't the same as the SVX. :)

SilverSpear 04-25-2005 11:31 PM

there is some resemblance with the SVX, but our car looks a lot better.... this kind of twotone is made only for our cars... :D :D :D

NikFu S. 04-25-2005 11:37 PM

I always liked the last Trans-Am. I think it looks great.

ensteele 04-25-2005 11:55 PM

I have too. :) :)

SubaRyu 04-25-2005 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.
I always liked the last Trans-Am. I think it looks great.

I also think the old Eclipse with same two tone scheme looks like my car.. I forgot the model year, but the 1st gen w/ pop up headlights. What do you guys think??

-Ryu

SilverSpear 04-26-2005 12:03 AM

All i can see a very exaggerated front end, i mean the hood design and ventilation things... to cope with these designs, you need at least 19" wheels and not "hyundai like" small ones.. :mad:

NikFu S. 04-26-2005 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaRyu
I also think the old Eclipse with same two tone scheme looks like my car.. I forgot the model year, but the 1st gen w/ pop up headlights. What do you guys think??
-Ryu

I often have to do a double take with old 1st gen Talons.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
All i can see a very exaggerated front end, i mean the hood design and ventilation things... to cope with these designs, you need at least 19" wheels and not "hyundai like" small ones.. :mad:

It's a muscle car. The only important thing is that it looks bulky and makes a pretty growl.
I sat in one once. :D
Mmm bucket seats...

I would take 98 Trans-Am seats, leatherize them and put them in my SVX if I could.

Red SVX 92 04-26-2005 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear

That exaggerated front end is stock on WS6 Trans Ams/Formulas. :) I don't really like the guy's aftermarket wheels.. The stock ones have thinner spokes and don't look as bloated.

I now have a Formula, which has similar styling, but no ground effects, lower spoiler, and less aggressive front and rear bumpers. Basically, it looks like a stock V6 Firebird. But it purrs the way a V8 should. :) Of course, that ram air effect provided by the huge nostrils is pretty much BS, but there are slight gains.

Can you believe that LS1 F-Bodies (98-02 Camaro/Firebird) now have access to turbo kits in the $2500-3500 range? 415 rwhp seems to be standard with these kits. You guys really need to find someone who's good with turbo plumbing to start sorting out a turbo kit for you guys... And an electronics guy to work with the ECU...

Red SVX 92 04-26-2005 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.
I sat in one once. :D
Mmm bucket seats...

I would take 98 Trans-Am seats, leatherize them and put them in my SVX if I could.

Make sure you get those Trans Am leather seats reupholstered. :rolleyes: I got cloth seats b/c all the Trans Ams I was looking at had ripped leather, without fail...

I really don't see why you're interested in the Trans Am seats. Their construction doesn't seem hardly as good as the SVX's...

Plus, try sitting on the passenger side next time... There's a goddamn "cat hump" in the passenger footwell to make room underneath the car for the passenger side catalytic convertor... The car's not passenger-friendly, just the way I like it. :D It matches my driving, which is definitely NOT passenger-friendly. :)

Red SVX 92 04-26-2005 02:16 AM

Also, my old SVX (rest her soul) once got called a Probe. That pissed me off to no end. :mad:

SilverSpear 04-26-2005 02:25 AM

hehe, over here they call it Mitsubishi...

SilverSpear 04-26-2005 02:26 AM

when i tell them it is a Subaru, they are like :eek: :eek: , did Subaru did that ? :eek: :eek: hehe, L :D :D :D :D L

NikFu S. 04-26-2005 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
Make sure you get those Trans Am leather seats reupholstered. :rolleyes: I got cloth seats b/c all the Trans Ams I was looking at had ripped leather, without fail...

I really don't see why you're interested in the Trans Am seats. Their construction doesn't seem hardly as good as the SVX's...

Plus, try sitting on the passenger side next time... There's a goddamn "cat hump" in the passenger footwell to make room underneath the car for the passenger side catalytic convertor... The car's not passenger-friendly, just the way I like it. :D It matches my driving, which is definitely NOT passenger-friendly. :)

The SVX seats injure (sp?) my back and failed to keep me centered. Being 140lbs I get thrown about easily and as I recall the TA seats are true bucket design.

n00b on demand 04-26-2005 07:19 AM

Cmon Shawdow where are youuuuuu?!?!?!

drivemusicnow 04-26-2005 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Cmon Shawdow where are youuuuuu?!?!?!

yeah i'm a bit suprised he isn't all over this one yet... but anywho... i have a 1g eclipse, 93, without the popup lights... and now when i jerk my head on the highway to look at a car i think is an svx, half the time its 1g eclipse... Mine is red with the black roof and pillars. not nearly the styling of the SVX but a decent looking car IMO.

and i HATE the transam seats... so... cheapy feeling. and they don't hold you any better than the seats in my eclipse.. Nikfu, if you can't handle the SVxes Mad turning abilities... you could always give yours to me :D :cool: :p j/k you should try corbeau seats, you can get really nice seats that actually look decent with leather for nearly 1/5th the cost of some of the sparcos