The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Meet Results (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12391)

ensteele 08-03-2003 10:26 AM

Meet Results

The meet is not over yet, but so far we have had 7 SVXes and 1 member without his SVX attend.

ensteele
MacGyver
CDG
Balser
DNel
mbtolozko
Alycone
tuzem

We had a great day, lots to eat, and great conversation about lots of things including the SVX. I will post pictures when I can.
A good time was had by all, and the food wasn't too bad either. :D

CDG 08-04-2003 12:09 AM

Pictures from the meet: My locker this was all I could upload..so far.

It was an excellent turnout, weather was great.
And thanks so much to Earl for hosting the best weekend we have had all summer.
Earl, the only thing better than having 5 SVX's is having all your friend's around to eat seafood.

P.S. thanks for crabs, got home, cooked them up, and yup, had crab for dinner.

LarryIII 08-04-2003 04:16 AM

Looks like everyone had a great time.

I'm "anglin" to come next year. :D :D :D :D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

mbtoloczko 08-04-2003 10:59 AM

Yeah, my girlfriend and I had a great time. It was good to meet some of the network people in-person and hang out. Besides that, the setting was about as perfect as one could hope for. All the fresh seafood you could possibly eat, a cabin by (actually over) the water, kayaks and boats to play on, and beautiful weather. I hope we can do this again next year! Thank you Earl for your hospitality and making it all happen! :-)

tuzem 08-04-2003 03:19 PM

Earl,

Your place rocked! The meet was awesome and I'm glad I got to meet some of the guys (and girls) from the gang! I had great fun and I'm sure it was the same for all. Next time I'll try NOT to be that guy who didn't bring his SVX :) Besides... by the time I got home that night I couldn't feel my butt-cheeks from riding with a wet ass on the motorcycle! Kayaking was sure fun though! Bring your swimming trunks!

Nick

P.S. I'd say we need to make this meet happen at least twice per year! For all that couldn't attend it's too bad they would have to wait for the next one :)

WestCoastSVX 08-05-2003 06:00 PM

After not really having the chance to participate on the site the last couple months it was great to attend this event and hang out with some great friends, new and old! :)

And special thanks to you, Earl, for putting this all together and hosting at your place on the water. Wish I could have stayed longer, next year for sure! :)

I'm now re-energized and motivated to start work on a few projects...

ensteele 08-05-2003 06:05 PM

Maybe some work on your site? :D

ensteele 08-09-2003 11:53 AM

Chris

The pictures in your locker are GREAT! Thanks for posting them. I have some in my locker, anyone else have some? Alycone will have some after her film comes back. (What is film anyway?)

Great Meet, Great people, Great food and drink, and one Great car to bring everyone together. It is truely amazing! ;) :)

balser 08-09-2003 10:57 PM

Good times...

Thanks Earl for the food and fun. What a great place for everyone to meet up. Looking forward to next time. Keep up the good work!
-Balser

Alycone 08-10-2003 06:41 PM

I've got a new computer, one that actually works!:D Now I need to catch up on a week of posts.

The seafood was great, the meet was fun. I have 3 rolls of film waiting to be developed (yes, I still use film and a scanner), so I'll post pics eventually. Thanks to the other folks who were quick about posting pics. Its nice to see so many SVXs (and owners) together.

Ron Mummert 08-12-2003 08:31 PM

Hey, Earl & all other north left coasters, it looks like seafood has been a common theme with meets these days. Note the right coast Crab Meet last weekend. Question - From the pics it looks like the gorgeous scenery is a bit low on water. Are you experiencing a drought up there? If so you're welcome to drain some of our resources. Rainfall has been twice the normal amount on this side of the Mississippi. And then there's Europe!!!

Ron (talking about the weather & doing nothing about it).

CDG 08-13-2003 12:31 AM

Hey Ron, here on the left coast our water level comes from the ocean(at Earl's place anyways) and it was quite amazing at the tide changes. From 10 feet to 0 feet in 6hrs.
So if your not paying attention, you could get soaked...or grounded.

I was thinking the whole time, I wonder if an SVX could take a ride on those sandy banks?

LarryIII 08-13-2003 04:19 AM

Ron, Earl, Mike,

I started on the seafood diet. I see food and I eat it.

:D :D :D

ensteele 08-13-2003 10:02 AM

But the real question is - did you catch crabs? :confused: :D

ensteele 08-18-2003 12:05 AM

I put a few more pictures in my Locker. :)