The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New SVX in San Antonio (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38079)

SA SVX 03-25-2007 12:24 AM

New SVX in San Antonio

Hello all, I have been a long time lurker of this site. As of Sunday the 11th I now have a blue 94 Subi SVX. :D I have wanted one since I sat in one in 93, but money, getting married ect ect kept getting in the way. She is in fairly good shape, some chips and 3 small dents, AC compressor is locked up, new one will be in on Monday. Only big worry is the back SVX housing on the trunk is cracked apart, where the reverse lights are. I have seen those for $450 or so, anyone know of anything cheaper out there? I look forward to getting to know the group here and please give any advice for a newb SVX owner. Last, is the Chiltons repair manual good or is there something better to use. Any other owners in SA? Austin? Take care out there.

Budfreak 03-25-2007 12:33 AM

Welcome to the World Network! You may want to look up Member Odepaj as he is in San Antonio, And maybe we can all meet up soon if the deal me and him are working on goes through and I make a trip down there.;):)

ensteele 03-25-2007 12:38 AM

Welcome to the site. Click on this link and you will see a thread of a member here that has that light for sale. Hope it works out for both of you. Good luck and put some pictures in your locker so we can see your SVX. :) :)

svxcess 03-25-2007 12:44 AM

Welcome to the Network!

There is a lot of information here. Learn to use the SEARCH link at the top of the page for any issues you might have, Also check the How-to Documents link in the upper right portion of the page.

If that doesn't help, just ask.

The center tail light section can be found easily. Sometimes members have them for sale in the "Wanted or For Sale Forum. One of our members, gtdanielgt, currently has one for sale. See this post HERE or send him a Private Message

There is also one for sale on ebay right now. Click on THIS LINK. Its currently $50.00 with shipping.

Bookmark this link to SVX parts on ebay to see if there is something else you may need.
http://search.ebay.com/subaru-svx

And never be afraid to ask a question because it sounds stupid. At one point everyone here has owned their first SVX for only two weeks.

odepaj 03-25-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA SVX
Hello all, I have been a long time lurker of this site. As of Sunday the 11th I now have a blue 94 Subi SVX. :D I have wanted one since I sat in one in 93, but money, getting married ect ect kept getting in the way. She is in fairly good shape, some chips and 3 small dents, AC compressor is locked up, new one will be in on Monday. Only big worry is the back SVX housing on the trunk is cracked apart, where the reverse lights are. I have seen those for $450 or so, anyone know of anything cheaper out there? I look forward to getting to know the group here and please give any advice for a newb SVX owner. Last, is the Chiltons repair manual good or is there something better to use. Any other owners in SA? Austin? Take care out there.

I NEED YOUR PHONE NUMBER NOW!!!!!!!:D I have a small shop (its really just my grandpa's garage that I stole) but, I've been working on my SVX's since ive been an owner (almost 4 years now) so I can give you some helpful hints I've learned along the way. Hope to hear from you soon. What side of town are you on? Me, Skip, and another member are all over here around 151 and 1604.

Dustin

P.s. Im ashamed of myself for taking so long to see this post. :( :rolleyes:

Dengue 03-26-2007 05:00 AM

Dammit, I was the only laguna blue in San Antonio....

You're ashamed it took you so long to read the post....I didn't know about it til you called me and told me.

When are we doing the big texas meetup? As soon as I put my car in the shop I assume. :)

Skip

SA SVX 03-27-2007 07:13 PM

Thanks

Thank you all for the welcome. odepaj I sent you a PM with my phone number, I live around 410 and 87, East side of town. Have my rear wing off right now getting repainted, will be working on some miner dents (4 of them) and scratches on the paint job. My AC compressor will be in tomorrow :) and I am getting the center tail light soon I hope. Only other problem I have at the moment is the sunroof sticks opening and closing. I cleaned and lubed the tracks but still not right, I have to assist it to pop open and closed. Hope to hear from you soon and again thanks all for the warm welcome.