The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Now that my anger went away...a bit... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25919)

marlettpat 05-02-2005 04:43 PM

Now that my anger went away...a bit...

Well, as some of you know, my car is cursed. Everything has been done. and just recently, my tranny swap and wheel bearings were done. I figured now my car runs like a champ, get it painted too. So my great running car goes into the body shop less than 3 hours after i got it back from the transmission shop. Last monday, i picked my car up and decided to go to my brothers softball game. most of you can guess what happened next. To quote me....

"Wow, left handed hitters hit to right field. My car is right field. Crap, this guy looks good. *Crack* Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, oh crap.....*BEEEEEP* *SMASH* SON OF A (#$*%&_#$"

Well, turns out my frickin windshield got smashed.......what else can i say. My life is a joke......

NikFu S. 05-02-2005 04:47 PM

I was thinking you had gotten into an accident at first.

Windsheilds are expensive, but at least the rest of the car is fine.

Maybe you could take it up with some administration for not providing adequate fencing from the baseballs?

UberRoo 05-02-2005 05:34 PM

You know, I've never actually heard of that happening. I always thought it'd be a more frequent occurrence. In the future, park between a couple of SUVs. (See they are good for something.)

Bummer though. Murphy's law; probably the nicest car in the parking lot.

marlettpat 05-02-2005 06:58 PM

well, then after i got hit, i moved as far away as possible, next to a caddy srx. he aquired a nice new dent in his roof :rolleyes:

SubaSteevo 05-02-2005 07:07 PM

Be happy your windshield is only costing you $200+labor ;)

NikFu S. 05-02-2005 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlettpat
well, then after i got hit, i moved as far away as possible, next to a caddy srx. he aquired a nice new dent in his roof :rolleyes:

Murphy's Law alright. Too bad there wasn't a Lambo or something around to absorb the hits. :p

Chiketkd 05-02-2005 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlettpat

Holy cow! Sounds like bad karma was following your car that day... :p

Glad you're getting a cheap replacement.

-Chike

CigarJohnny 05-02-2005 07:38 PM

Keep up the good fight, Pat! With the string of bad luck you have been having, eventually the odds will turn in your favor. When that day happens you are due more good luck than one can shake a stick at. :)

Johnny

ensteele 05-02-2005 08:29 PM

By the sound of things, it wouldn't matter where you had parked, the ball still would have found you! :eek: :rolleyes: :)

n00b on demand 05-02-2005 08:57 PM

Its happened to me before except i was on the other end. Last month at one of our games i hit a foul ball over the gate behind home plate and it smacked a car in the hood. Which is why I parked my car at least a million miles away.

WGJ 05-03-2005 12:28 AM

Quantum Physics...

boiled down to the bone is...**** HAPPENS. We live in a ridiculously random Univervise. The momentum will swing the other way...sometimes it just takes way too long.
Hang tough,
WGJ

Rotorflyr 05-03-2005 01:05 AM

Just another reason Basebore sucks!

Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a minor matter (expensive but minor) and as already stated, when your luck does turn around.......Look Out Lottery!!! :p

Pearlywhites1992 05-03-2005 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Holy cow! Sounds like bad karma was following your car that day... :p

My karma ran over your dogma.

n00b on demand 05-03-2005 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorflyr
Just another reason Basebore sucks!

Sorry to hear about the run of bad luck, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a minor matter (expensive but minor) and as already stated, when your luck does turn around.......Look Out Lottery!!! :p

Nahh baseball is awesome....i love playing baseball. I'm just 0 for my last 7 at the plate and can't seem to break out of my slump :( . Hopefully I hit a home run today to break out of it ;) .

MNYPNNY 05-03-2005 09:56 PM

Ouch Pat! Bummer!!