The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Good Monday night season opener (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28391)

dcarrb 09-13-2005 02:43 PM

Good Monday night season opener

The Eagles and Falcons started slugging it out 30 minutes before the game began and never let up. Final: 14-10, Atl. Good to see Mr. Vick and Co. fare well in front of a national audience, for a change. Madden dubbed them the two best teams in the NFC. We'll see. Atlanta has never posted back-to-back winning seasons in the nearly 40 years since the team was created.

dcb

n00b on demand 09-13-2005 02:48 PM

Man that fight was so stupid. I was so mad watching that game last night. Jim mora saying " you owned him...you owned him" to deangelo hall. He did well against owens but by no means " owned him". TO was open alot of times and if mcnabb didnt get hurt and was accurate then it would have been a different story. Can't believe Akers missed those two FG's...we make those then we win. Good game though...cant wait to play ya'll in the NFC title game again this yr :cool: .

RSVX 09-13-2005 03:03 PM

So tell me...is this the year that the Eagle Curse sets in earlier, or even later?

n00b on demand 09-13-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX
So tell me...is this the year that the Eagle Curse sets in earlier, or even later?

No this is the year we hoist the Lombardi trophy in Detroit.

Royal Tiger 09-13-2005 08:10 PM

Power seems to be hitting the bottle a little early tonight! :D And if Philly hit those two FGs, Atlanta would have kicked one when they were 4th and 1 from the 20. So it would have been 17-16. Nice try Power! :)

Shadow248 09-13-2005 08:50 PM

For the love of God, can we please wait until we are farther into the season than just ONE GAME before we start this crap?

One game can go any way and means nothing. Once we are three games in, then i'll start talking.

On a different note, for as good as both teams were, that game sucked. I think they both deserved to lose.

n00b on demand 09-13-2005 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow248
For the love of God, can we please wait until we are farther into the season than just ONE GAME before we start this crap?

One game can go any way and means nothing. Once we are three games in, then i'll start talking.

On a different note, for as good as both teams were, that game sucked. I think they both deserved to lose.

Yeah i agree. Too early in the season for this crap. And yes both teams played terrible and deserved to lose.

dcarrb 09-14-2005 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow248

Geez, who pissed in yer cornflakes? Lighten up.

It is indeed a long season. Being a Falcons fan, I was pleased to see them get off to a good start, and as I originally alluded, it will be interesting to see if they can maintain the success on the heels of a playoff year, for the first time in team history. No "crap;" just pondering.

dcb

n00b on demand 09-14-2005 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb
Geez, who pissed in yer cornflakes? Lighten up.

It is indeed a long season. Being a Falcons fan, I was pleased to see them get off to a good start, and as I originally alluded, it will be interesting to see if they can maintain the success on the heels of a playoff year, for the first time in team history. No "crap;" just pondering.

dcb

Shadow was just talking about the negative Eagles comments. Certain members love to trash the Eagles so he was responding to that.

n00b on demand 09-14-2005 11:20 PM

Looks like Kevin Mathis is out for the year with a knee injury he sustained in practice this morning. Sucks but Karma is a *****!

Royal Tiger 09-15-2005 10:28 AM

And Trottier is an angel? He has been a dirty player his whole career. At least I have respect for Donovan. T.O. is a waste of formulated carbon and oxygen atoms. The Vikings fall apart is the bigger story in week 1. Or how about them Dolphins?

dcarrb 09-15-2005 10:40 AM

Didn't know about Mathis' injury. I thought both looked equally guilty in that pre-game scuffle; Trotter pushed, Mathis swung. Surprising to hear that the league fined the Falcon player who injured McNabb.

Who do the Falcons play this weekend?

dcb

n00b on demand 09-15-2005 10:46 AM

Oh I'm not saying that trot is an angel at all. Both parties are equally at fault for that scuffle no doubt. But the story behind the scuffle is the following....

Ike Reese is a former Eagle who signed with the falcons this past off season. The eagles have a pregame ritual they do when they are on the road...during pregame warm ups they will go out to the 50 yrd line and stomp all over the home teams logo. Very cool if you are an eagle fan and your watching but I can certainly see how disrespectful that is. Ike Reese aparently told his team mates that this is what would be going down and they came out and then you know what happened. This is the story going around....dunno if it has any merit though.

Falcons are in Seattle
Eagles are home for the 49ers
And Dan's beloved cowboys are playing monday night against their arch rival the redskins

tom ;)

dcarrb 09-15-2005 11:04 AM

Seattle is one of those teams that always seems to have Atlanta's number. (Of course, at some point, the same could be said for most every team in the league). Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see 'em head into week 3 at 1-1.

So there's no way both the Cowboys and Redskins can lose this weekend? That's too bad.:D

dcb

n00b on demand 09-15-2005 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb
So there's no way both the Cowboys and Redskins can lose this weekend? That's too bad.:D

dcb

My thoughts exactly :D

But Seattle is such a weird team....they were predicted to win the conference a few yrs back. But they never play to potential.