The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Back in the S-S.V.X (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12936)

Aredubjay 09-03-2003 10:05 AM

Back in the S-S.V.X

After ten days and hundreds of miles in the 95 Caravan, I can hardly contain the joy of being able to warm the leather, once again, on my SVX.

The rush of cranking over that sweet 6 . . . the low rumble of the KC exhaust . . . the feel of the leather-wrapped wheel as I lower it into its "memory" position . . . grabbing the shifter and sliding it into reverse . . . It's a pseudoerotic experience.

As I back out of the driveway and slide the shifter forward, I think to myself, "I don't care if I'm nuts. I LOVE THIS CAR!"

I slowly press the gas, just to get the feel once again. Two toots on the horn (It's a morning ritual) . . . I drive away, and I am transformed once again from mild-mannered father and husband into "Aredubjay" President of the SVX World Network and hopeless SVX fanatic. Life is good.

Though it pi$$ed and poured rain, all the way to work (40 miles), I was a happy, happy man. Gliding along . . . though the road was busy, there was no one else there, but me and my faithful white stallion with its horizontal hooves charging toward the battle of the day. I arrive at my destination and, as I dismount, (grabbing my laptop from the passenger's seat), I whisper, "God bless FHI."

Thoughts now, turn toward the drive home and another joust with windmills. I can hardly imagine that the SVX was once an "Impossible Dream." :D

svx_commuter 09-03-2003 10:13 AM

I hope you never encounter a muffler. :( or a wonder bar nail puller :( or another anything to cause damage.

So you sort of forget how the SVX "feels" when you don't drive it everyday? Makes it sort of worthwhile to drive a Caravan once in awhile? I appreciate the SVX more after dring something (anything) else. :)

lee 09-03-2003 10:16 AM

Randy, at the risk of insulting myself... I think I have to agree, you're nuts.

Since I don't get an opportunity to see snow, I get an inordinate amount of delight in the smooth, effortless execution of the SVX in rainy, slippery driving.

on the lighter side, if you don't disappear again, you should soon hit the five figure mark in posts. :)

Aredubjay 09-03-2003 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lee
Randy, at the risk of insulting myself...

That's better than SOME things you could do to yourself. :eek: :D

Can you tell I'm in "one of those moods" today?:D

LarryIII 09-03-2003 10:21 AM

Master, Master Aredub,

The SUVs are massing behind the windmills planning to attack.
May you and your trusty steed fight the unbeatable foe and survive to make it back to the homestead to that maiden of such comeliness, the beautiful Dulcinea (Shari ?).

Sancho Ponza iii

Chicane 09-03-2003 11:53 AM

Heh. I fell in love with my car all over again on my trip to FL and back. MAN! It sure is designed GREAT! On the highway, it is INCREDIBLE! :D

- Rob

seasvx 09-03-2003 01:19 PM

Re: Back in the S-S.V.X

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
The rush of cranking over that sweet 6 . . . the low rumble of the KC exhaust . . . the feel of the leather-wrapped wheel as I lower it into its "memory" position . . . grabbing the shifter and sliding it into reverse . . . It's a pseudoerotic experience.
...i feel as thought i just shouldn't be reading this; makes me sort of feel like a voyeur....

ensteele 09-03-2003 02:25 PM

:eek: Aredub - I love it when you talk like that! :o

Subafreak 09-03-2003 05:44 PM

That is true poetry El Prez.

Ron Mummert 09-03-2003 07:59 PM

Whew!!! It's a Subygasm for Randy.

I gotta take a real cold shower now.

Ron (gripping my joy stick).

Landshark 09-03-2003 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
The rush of cranking over that sweet 6 . . . the low rumble of the KC exhaust . . . the feel of the zebra-print steering wheel cover as I lower it into its "memory" position . . . grabbing the 8-ball shifter and sliding it into reverse . . . rolling down the boulevard throwin' peace signs at my homies . . . It's a pseudoerotic experience.
damn, Randy.....i thought you liked to keep 'em stock?

Bwana 09-03-2003 10:55 PM

Re: Re: Back in the S-S.V.X

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

damn, Randy.....i thought you liked to keep 'em stock?

*hint* He's driving the "evil twin" *hint*

Aredubjay 09-04-2003 07:52 AM

Re: Re: Re: Back in the S-S.V.X

Quote:

Originally posted by Bwana

*hint* He's driving the "evil twin" *hint*

Egg-zack-lee!! :D

thumper_svx 09-04-2003 09:29 PM

Dub, you are a bastard... truly. Here I am trying to scrounge up the moolah for a new SVX and you're just rubbing salt in the wound.

I reiterate... you're a bastard. :)

Aredubjay 09-04-2003 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thumper_svx
Dub, you are a bastard... truly. Here I am trying to scrounge up the moolah for a new SVX and you're just rubbing salt in the wound.

I reiterate... you're a bastard. :)

Why, thank you, Gavin. That's the nicest thing I've been called in years. :D