The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where I have been... pt.3 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1105)

Rev Hard 08-06-2001 06:28 PM

Where I have been... pt.3

I'M BAAAAACK.....
So is my Ex, My SVX and my new baby a 91 Eagle Talon Tsi FWD.

It's a long story folks dont ask. But this leaves me with a predictament... too many cars in the driveway. So geuss who is on the chopping block? Thats right the SVX. asking price 11,500. Shes a silver 92 awd LSL in very good condition and before she is delivered she will receive a NEW trans as the one in it has developed a bad 2-3 shift flare and a bad reverse. CARBON FIBRE hood included...... I would keep the car but it has some history we do not want to have a reminder of. I cant even sit in it. And we would like to buy a house. so......

Lemme know @ rev_hard@yahoo.com and wish me luck folks ... I missed her... (not the car)

P.S. there 63k miles on the car

PAUL!

Red SVX 92 08-06-2001 06:36 PM

Time to change your signature, Paul. =P

eddycat2000 08-06-2001 07:03 PM

Re: Where I have been... pt.3

Quote:

Originally posted by Rev Hard
I'M BAAAAACK.....
So is my Ex, My SVX and my new baby a 91 Eagle Talon Tsi FWD.

Paul, I'm glad to hear that your life is back on track now. Sometimes a little separation is just what the doctor ordered.

Now, having said that...I think your asking price for the SVX is a little on the high side. My '94 w/36k on it at the time cost me less. That would have been about 2 1/2 years ago, and cars generally don't gain in resale value. Frankly Paul if you get more than 5k out of a nearly 10 year old car, I'd be really surprised. (Shocked me when I found out what mine was worth in real dollars now, and it has under 50k on it.)

But good luck in both your quest to sell the SVX and also in the rekindled relationship!!

wasions 08-06-2001 11:57 PM

I think I stated some time ago that SVX's would be gaining in value. ;) Look. It's started already.

Steve (just like money in the bank!)

Aredubjay 08-07-2001 12:10 AM

Paul . . . dood . . . mixed emotions, here. On one hand, I'm happy for you in making it through a rough time and coming out better on the other end. On the other hand, I hate to hear that the SVX has become such a bane through the turmoil. At any rate, it's good to see ya 'round again. Best of luck and many happy returns.

cocacola08 08-07-2001 09:02 AM

GAINING IN VALUE

Quote:

I think I stated some time ago that SVX's would be gaining in value. Look. It's started already.
I have been thinking this is possible, too.

With only 14,xxx shipped here, I'm guessing that # has dwindled since end of production. I'd think that i we all take care of our cars.....slowly they will become more rare, and I we continue to get the word out about how great our cars are, it becomes simple supply and demand...eventually the value has to go up. Someday we'll all be talking about how we had/have "one of those!!!!"

They'll be showing up at the Auburn/Cord/Dusenburg Autions....yada...yada...ramble...ramble..

Aredubjay 08-07-2001 09:32 AM

Re: GAINING IN VALUE

Quote:

Originally posted by cocacola08
They'll be showing up at the Auburn/Cord/Dusenburg Autions....yada...yada...ramble...ramble..
Oooooo. I think I need a smoke. Two of my favorite oldies: The '33 "Boat Tail" Auburn Speedster V-12 and the '37 Super-charged, front wheel drive "Coffin Nose" Cord .