The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX Chat (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56)

Chris 03-05-2001 04:48 AM

The SVX IRC server and channel has now got a bot. SVXBot was installed and or born on March 4. He is still learning new tricks, but should up to full speed by the 15th. Drop by and msg him a hello. If you are familiar to IRC you will be fully away of what he can do. A Nice feature is that you can put !seen ardubjay and it will tell you the last time he saw that person online. May other features and option exsist. Like I said, still a bit new to this world. In the next few days he will have FAQs, files to download and more help files.

Chris

Aredubjay 03-05-2001 09:25 AM

You go guy! Thanks again for your diligence. I know it's getting repetitive, but, I certainly appreciate it! I know it's getting repetitive, but, I certainly appreciate it! I know it's getting repetitive, but, I certainly appreciate it! I know it's getting repetitive, but, I certainly appreciate it! I know it's getting repetitive, but, I certainly appreciate it! :)

Chris 03-05-2001 11:37 PM

Cute

Anyone one now wanna shoot the poop?

joeaux 03-07-2001 11:19 PM

Are we talking about IRC here? What's the server and channel?
-joe-

Rev Hard 03-07-2001 11:33 PM

and they are....

irc.subaru-svx.net

#svx

joeaux 03-08-2001 07:37 PM

Cool, thanks. I'm there.
-joe-

Trevor 03-13-2022 01:37 AM

Re: SVX Chat

Attention Chris.

Just this minute, I received a quite wonderful surprise, in the form of an auto-generated email expressing best wishes from the network, with today being my ninety-third birthday.

I have chosen this long lost thread as a means of turning back some pages, in order to show some history and to indicate why I am saying, "special sincere thanks Chris". I trust that others appreciate your ongoing dedication as is confirmed earlier in this thread.

For good reason I continue to regularly look in here, but time has taken its toll along the way and the level of posting has wained as can be expected. I have been without an SVX for a year or two and although I miss the car, it is the network which remains foremost in my mind. Something quite strange, deep inside, adheres me to the place and I hope that there are others who experience this same feeling.

Blacky 03-13-2022 01:48 AM

Happy Birthday Trevor and many more. You've got a three decade head start on me.

oab_au 03-13-2022 03:36 PM

Good to see you are still pushing on lad, I do miss your input. :cool:

SvXit 03-13-2022 07:36 PM

Trevor, I wish you happy birthday as well, and I know what you mean. I've been attending SVX meets on and off since 1996 and, as much as I love seeing large numbers of these cars in one place, I really enjoy catching up to the people.

Trevor 03-13-2022 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au (Post 753842)
Good to see you are still pushing on lad, I do miss your input. :cool:

Sincere thanks Harvey.

As I have said before, over a beer we could have a a very interesting and rewarding chin-wag. Meantime I trust that you are keeping your piece loaded and ready to draw. There could be a comrade lurking. Anzacs etc. ---- LLOL

Cheers, Trevor.

Ron Mummert 03-16-2022 10:03 PM

You still havin' birthdays, you old kiwi fart? :eek: Me too. But at a mere 80, I bow to your endurance. But, at least I still have a car with funny windows! Enjoy your special day, despite the daily wreckage of civilization. Ron.

Trevor 03-17-2022 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Mummert (Post 753847)
You still havin' birthdays, you old kiwi fart? :eek: Me too. But at a mere 80, I bow to your endurance. But, at least I still have a car with funny windows! Enjoy your special day, despite the daily wreckage of civilization. Ron.

Thanks Ron, as I recall you were the first person on the network with whom I made contact when I first joined, what now seems so many years ago. We remain the two important gasbags.

Like Harvey I am missing something and with only one now sad eye, have recently been denied a driving license. I am sure that my SVX would have been unhappy as a stationary keepsake.
Whatever, all my friends are dead, so as one of them used to say, "give the cat the canary" and I now add, "and bugger the funny windows, they were an imprtant and worthwhile feature of the car. LOL.

Cheers, Trevor.

Subaru oldtimer 03-17-2022 11:42 AM

Happy belated Birthday.

Ron Mummert 03-18-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 753848)
Thanks Ron, as I recall you were the first person on the network with whom I made contact when I first joined, what now seems so many years ago. We remain the two important gasbags.

Cheers, Trevor.

Here's hoping you two down under gasbags (of knowledge) have mellowed out. We have enough wars to worry about! Sincerely, Ron M. :)