The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   the moment of truth..... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3381)

1994SubaruSVX 03-29-2002 10:37 AM

the moment of truth.....

just spoke with the mechanic that will be looking at my car. right now he is pulling the plugs on my svx in an attempt to hand turn the motor.

of course if he can not, it will mean i have a bent rod. that means death to my svx.

for those of you that are interested it has a lot of good parts. wheels, brakes, and exhaust will all be salvaged. my fwd tranny is in excellent operating condition for those in need. i sincerely hope it does not come to this.

i should hear back from this guy today or monday regarding the status of my car.

my chest feels heavy.....:eek: :rolleyes:

if there is a SVX God may he be with me now. :)

Aredubjay 03-29-2002 10:41 AM

Re: the moment of truth.....

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX

Amen.

EverclearAtMSU 03-29-2002 11:14 AM

even if it does come to that, which i hope it doesn't, it shouldn't be that expensive to replace the rod...plus that svx engine on e-bay went prett cheap. Might be cheaper and well worth it to do that.

1994SubaruSVX 03-29-2002 11:20 AM

everyone will probably laugh but here goes....

i am actually considering buying a 88' Conquest TSI just to play around with in case the SVX does something crazy in the future or in case i cant reasonably get it running.

always loved the widebody Conquest's, it does have a turbo four that is very modifiable. lots of performance potential and a very broad aftermarket.

anyway just in case my svx is dead that is likely the direction i will be headed.

rufus 03-29-2002 11:46 AM

I won't laugh at you. I've always liked those cars. I think it will be really hard to find one in anything like good condition, though. I would bet the vast majority of Conquest/Starion owners fall into the "flog the crap out of it" category.

Mr. Pockets 03-29-2002 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
just spoke with the mechanic that will be looking at my car. right now he is pulling the plugs on my svx in an attempt to hand turn the motor.

of course if he can not, it will mean i have a bent rod. that means death to my svx.

for those of you that are interested it has a lot of good parts. wheels, brakes, and exhaust will all be salvaged. my fwd tranny is in excellent operating condition for those in need. i sincerely hope it does not come to this.

i should hear back from this guy today or monday regarding the status of my car.

my chest feels heavy.....:eek: :rolleyes:

I hope you receive good news, man.

Green1995SVX 03-29-2002 12:20 PM

I almost bought one about 8 months ago. It had 60,000 miles, new turbo, original owner... It was sweet. It sold at auction for something insane like $1000. It was in wonderful shape. It was at a wholesale auction, and the guy who bids for the dealer where i worked couldnt get there fast enough.

-Mike

I tried to post a pic of it, but it wont let me... oh well. It was black... and shiney.

1994SubaruSVX 03-29-2002 02:42 PM

god that sucks.

the one i am looking at has 127k and 5k on the new rebuilt motor. it is about 250 miles away from me i think. maroon with tan interior. i will probably talk to the guy this coming week. he is asking $2500 but i think i will try and talk him down to $2000.

i will hopefully hear back from the guy regarding my car by monday at the latest. anyway i continue to play the waiting game.........:rolleyes:

thanks for the kind words pockets.

svxistentialist 03-29-2002 03:44 PM

Good luck

Leo, I hope you get an easy ride. My friend Gerry bought a Volvo 850 GL with a 2.5 litre engine, 5 cylinder I think, and it had hydraulic lock.
He stripped the head, removed the fluid, lubed it up, and away she started!.
You might be lucky and I hope you are. If you are not, it would seem to be a better plan to replace the engine than to strip the car, though I can appreciate you may need a set of wheels straight away, and not spend a month or more off road looking for parts.

Hope it works out my friend

Joe

Seraph 03-29-2002 03:47 PM

My thoughts are with you and your car. Hope things go right Leo.
Lwin

Ron Mummert 03-29-2002 10:24 PM

If that Conquest has the 2.2 turbo, it was a bullet-proof mill for me in my '87 GTS sedan. Original engine, turbo & auto-tranny at 237K when I sold it last year, & it's still on the road. I hope the SVX comes through, but at least the Conquest is cheap enough to keep as a pet. Good luck, Ron.