The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Meet...problems... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6748)

SHISVX 10-31-2002 10:54 PM

Meet...problems...

well since it was a thursday night and my classes were canceled, i decided to take a road trip to a I-Club meet about an hour from my house. i was the only svx for a while when Parsian (hope i am spelling this right) came for a while. i took one of the guys on a quick run around in my car when it happened......

a new noise......:(

so one of the guys was totally awesome and knew something about cars...risked his life by going under my car on a little jack to check it out. turned out to be the drive shaft...so going in excess speeds of 70mph was not in my future.

so here i am stuck an hour from home.....knowing absolutely nobody....these guys came and did everything they could to help me out. the one guy gave me his AAA card and lied to his company in telling them that he was in the car with me so that they would tow my car for free. it worked and i got home safe.

but the worst part was seeing my car being put up on the flat bed...i almost cried, but they were there again for me. lemme tell ya....these guys are awesome

now i know that this svx fetish is among all subie drivers...even though i was one of two with a nonimpreza car...they jumped through flaming hoops to help me out. these guys are great.. i made some really good friends tonight. i plan on going to the next meet, seeing that my car is okay.

Kelli

Paisan 10-31-2002 11:22 PM

Too bad that happened.

The NY/NJ Crew is pretty tight, we've been known to travel great distances/efforts to help out other scooby owners. Glad that the mishap didn't dampen it too much for you. We have A LOT of fun.

-mike

Seraph 11-01-2002 12:10 AM

glad you are ok. can't you just plug in the FWD switch and drive it home? You still have your tranny warranty right?

Lwin

nubs 11-01-2002 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
can't you just plug in the FWD switch and drive it home?
Lwin

That does not keep the driveshaft from spinning while driving.:(

SHISVX 11-01-2002 12:06 PM

ok just got off the phone with my mechanic. it seems that the driving shaft bolts got loose...so NBD in fixing...but could have been a problem doing 80:eek: i am so glad that i was surrounded by a group of people like i was...they were just awesome! off to get my car now...and yes Lwin, my warr is good till feb of 2004! ;)

Kelli :D

i missed my baby!

CigarJohnny 11-03-2002 11:22 AM

I'm glad to hear you have your baby back! I have to schedule mine to go into the shop for a new reardrive clutch pack and solenoid. I've been delaying it for a couple weeks cause I don't want to be without her, but I have to bite the bullet. :( :(