The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello My Svx'ers (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10109)

DamN 04-17-2003 12:27 PM

Hello My Svx'ers

Hey everybody, new to this forum. Last week bought a 1992 LSL with 59000 miles. Did a lot of reading about the car. What's up with the 0-60 times though seems to be confusing..i hear everythong from 6.3-7.6 ..Anybody whants to explain this?...well allright just intorducing myself. Hope to get some responses...thnaks

P.S- and what CAN i actually burn in a race?:)

Seraph 04-17-2003 12:30 PM

Re: Hello My Svx'ers

Quote:

Originally posted by DamN

Put it this way, the SVX is not a 0-60 racer. It is a highway cruiser. So 0-60 time sucks. That is the truth. You can race it if you want. It's your car.

As for what can be burnt? I guess it would be the big ego. Hehe. Trying my best to be funny here. Yeah. You can actually kill your tranny. The trannies usually die around 60-80k range or they dont till they hit about 150. So... Save up some doe!.
:)

L

Mr. Pockets 04-17-2003 12:42 PM

Re: Hello My Svx'ers

Quote:

Originally posted by DamN
Practically anything in snow. :D

DamN 04-17-2003 12:47 PM

Re: Re: Hello My Svx'ers

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Yes, i heard of the All Wheel Drive systems before;)

0-60?...still no reply.
And what is with the 92 tranny?

Porter 04-17-2003 12:53 PM

I've been getting high 6's continually... I have the snorkus mod and decent tires though...

Seraph 04-17-2003 01:00 PM

Re: Re: Hello My Svx'ers

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

That is true... but make sure you have nice set of tyres for the snow. Otherwise, SVX with AWD will still do 360 in the middle of the road. I did that twice this year. :(

Bobb 04-17-2003 01:51 PM

Saving up

Hey Lwin, Why would he want to save up DEER!Just checking, BOBB

SHISVX 04-17-2003 01:54 PM

first of all hi and welcome to the network, congrats on you buy

secondly, i am one of the few who actually 1/4 mile my car. i only do this because i have a warr on my car and tranny...if i didn't i wouldn't even think about it. i agree with seraph that on the highway, she really opens up...but from a standstill...she is kinda slow. be nice to the car...she weighs almost 4 grand..give her a break...

Kelli

i like to race mustangs and camaros in the rain....no chance...until they catch ground

thumper_svx 04-17-2003 03:26 PM

The reason you see such a variance in 0-60 times is that there is such a wide variation of SVX's.

FWD SVX's are typically faster than AWD...

- HOWEVER -

'92 and '93 SVX's tend to be faster than later models (and they were all AWD)

I haven't seen a comparison between a '92 AWD and a '94 or '95 FWD...

The SVX despite remaining pretty much the same actually had a lot of variation "under the hood" during its production years.

Oh... and of course the 0-60 will also change with the right modifications.

OTOH I agree with the peanut gallery; the SVX is a highway cruiser and is definitely only a bruiser from 10-100... not from 0-60. Of course, I've cruised for two hours in an SVX at over 100 in complete comfort... a Mustang can make it that fast, but I wouldn't want to keep it there for long!

eugenefeng 04-18-2003 06:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Hello My Svx'ers

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

That is true... but make sure you have nice set of tyres for the snow. Otherwise, SVX with AWD will still do 360 in the middle of the road. I did that twice this year. :(

I did it once this year with bad tires. Replaced the tires it went beutifully, nice and solid ride again.

Seraph 04-18-2003 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thumper_svx
The reason you see such a variance in 0-60 times is that there is such a wide variation of SVX's.

FWD SVX's are typically faster than AWD...

- HOWEVER -

'92 and '93 SVX's tend to be faster than later models (and they were all AWD)

I haven't seen a comparison between a '92 AWD and a '94 or '95 FWD...

Since all 94+ models use the same ECU/TCU combo (different from 92/3), all of them are slower. I used to own a 92 and 94 FWD a while back. 92 is quicker without a doubt. 94 AWD and 92s have the same ride control. 94 FWD does not feel nice.

L