The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX Advertisement campaign (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22306)

svx_commuter 10-29-2004 10:08 AM

SVX Advertisement campaign

I was thinking that this may be a way to increase the value of the SVX.
It’s fairly simple.
Let’s say that everyone on the site takes out an ad to sell their SVX.
The ad would be in a local paper or other auto selling publication.
It would be a short ad maybe 20 words or less.
The asking price should be high. Say $12K for a 92. :D

The reason I ask this is because when my OBS got totaled, the insurance company based the value on ads from local papers.

What do you think?

Beav 10-29-2004 10:11 AM

Got my vote!

I'd take $22,000 for my '94 LSI.

*it's my dream and it can be as grand as I want*

BordeauxComet 10-29-2004 10:14 AM

Sounds good

I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while.

Get all the people on the network to raise the SVX's value... that would be awesome!

Whoru465 10-29-2004 10:55 AM

Haha. I can see it now. The feds haul every last one of us in on insurance fraud but Earl takes the brunt, 'cause they figure since he's the SVX speculator, he's the ringleader.:p

zavikan 10-29-2004 10:56 AM

I'm in.

I think that would be awesome. This car has NO REASON to be worth this little! It was worth around 40 grand a while ago, should be higher then 2.5 grand now. which is what I got my car for. K, IM IN!

Chiketkd 10-29-2004 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Whoru465
Haha. I can see it now. The feds haul every last one of us in on insurance fraud but Earl takes the brunt, 'cause they figure since he's the SVX speculator, he's the ringleader.:p
LOL! :D

Earl would definitely have the most to gain if the value of our cars went up! ;) :p

-Chike

dcarrb 10-29-2004 11:27 AM

I'm in, too. I've toyed with this issue here several times, actually. My insurance agent told me from the get-go that I could get a specialty value-rated policy on my SVX, but that I'd need an appraisal from a "qualified professional." A Subaru dealership? A bank?

Well, I say we certify some knowledgeable regular(s) here to do on-line SVX appraisals considering what the car is truly worth to those in the SVX market. Some sort of plus/minus book value rating scale could be devised, based on mileage, appearance, original finish and equipment, collision repair, modifications (or lack thereof), and the like.

Seriously, I wonder if a signed appraisal from the SVX World Network would be accepted by Nationwide as "qualified." I don't see why not.

dcb

SVXer95 10-29-2004 12:16 PM

I think that one of the best things about the SVX is its affordability. If you plan on keeping your car, why car what the value of it is?

svx_commuter 10-29-2004 12:44 PM

I see your point and I agree with it in all cases except for the one where the insurance company says it's worth $1,700 and wants to total it out. $1,700 is not a lot of body damage on an SVX. A small collision with a "forest rat" will exceed that easily.

drivemusicnow 10-29-2004 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXer95
I think that one of the best things about the SVX is its affordability. If you plan on keeping your car, why car what the value of it is?
Strange to see that quote coming from you Collin.. seeing as how you're probably looking at 951s at this very moment :eek: :D

SVXer95 10-29-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by drivemusicnow

Strange to see that quote coming from you Collin.. seeing as how you're probably looking at 951s at this very moment :eek: :D

951's are also cheap speed...check your pm box. Lots of car for a little money is a wonderful thing.

As for the totaling issue, I see your point. But, I think it is shadowed by the ability to get into another SVX for not much money at all.

dcarrb 10-29-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXer95
As for the totaling issue, I see your point. But, I think it is shadowed by the ability to get into another SVX for not much money at all.
Maybe where you live. They're pretty hard to come by down this way. Suffice it to say I've seen one. Besides, the SVX fleet that hasn't been flogged to death, modded beyond recognition or parted-out has got to be getting pretty small. And a large reason they're so cheap, I suspect, is because so many have been reduced to junk through abuse.

I'd like some means of being assured of receiving reasonable replacement value from my car if it's declared a total loss, so I'm happy to see folks price 'em high and hope they get every penny. "Book" value offers no consideration of the car's overall quality, nor to the work I've done and money I've spent. You all have a much better idea than Nationwide Insurance Company what it's truly worth.

And consider what it would cost to buy a comparable, late-model anything.

dcb

SVXer95 10-29-2004 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dcarrb

Maybe where you live. They're pretty hard to come by down this way. Suffice it to say I've seen one. Besides, the SVX fleet that hasn't been flogged to death, modded beyond recognition or parted-out has got to be getting pretty small. And a large reason they're so cheap, I suspect, is because so many have been reduced to junk through abuse.

I'd like some means of being assured of receiving reasonable replacement value from my car if it's declared a total loss, so I'm happy to see folks price 'em high and hope they get every penny. "Book" value offers no consideration of the car's overall quality, nor to the work I've done and money I've spent. You all have a much better idea than Nationwide Insurance Company what it's truly worth.

And consider what it would cost to buy a comparable, late-model anything.

dcb

Sometimes I forget how rare they are in certain parts of the country. I've seen about six in the last two weeks.

mikecg 10-29-2004 06:16 PM

WAIT!!!!

Let Me buy at least one more first.

SHISVX 10-30-2004 07:44 AM

a thing is worth what someone will pay for it.

lets get someone famous to drive one, then everyone will want one!

oh....and lets wait till i get another one, k?

Kelli