The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gasgetssss (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25945)

TCamusJr 05-03-2005 06:32 PM

Gasgetssss

For my exhaust upgrade I presume I'm going to need some gasgets, or atleast one gasget, since the car is 12 years old and those darn things tend to fall apart over time.

Anyone know of the part #s?

ensteele 05-03-2005 07:29 PM

A good place to start would be here in the exhaust parts at subaruparts.com. Go to the link and you should be able to pick out which ones you need. :)

THAWA 05-03-2005 09:54 PM

"gasket" :)

TCamusJr 05-03-2005 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THAWA
"gasket" :)

why i oughta!

TCamusJr 05-03-2005 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
A good place to start would be here in the exhaust parts at subaruparts.com. Go to the link and you should be able to pick out which ones you need. :)

Hmmm thanks for the link. I'm having some difficulty in figuring this out. Hopefully I'm not being a pest (obligatory groveling)...

Not being automive mechanically inclined, I've really only looked at the entire exhaust under the car once, so my memory is foggy. Inbetween the headers to the 'in' on the main (rear) cat, there are five gasgets - one for each header and the rest at the main(rear) cat?

So if the exhaust shop is going to replace from just after the precats (the main cat, resonator, and muffler), would I only have to worry about supplying the gasgets for the headers - if they need replacing? Will the shop even need gasgets for all the connections, or is that the sort of thing where they'll just weld the piping and everything together? Or would they have their own gasgets for that sort of thing?

Kinda curious...

shelfy 05-03-2005 11:43 PM

no snakes or fuel advice? :confused:

TCamusJr 05-03-2005 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy
no snakes or fuel advice? :confused:

i've got some advice for ya... :rolleyes:

shelfy 05-04-2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCamusJr
i've got some advice for ya... :rolleyes:

i'm listening...

TCamusJr 05-04-2005 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy
i'm listening...

good. keep it up. you may learn something.

ensteele 05-04-2005 12:37 AM

I would check with the shop doing the work. They could tell you what they can supply and what you need to get. :)

TCamusJr 05-04-2005 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I would check with the shop doing the work. They could tell you what they can supply and what you need to get. :)

I would but I don't think they're open this late. Tryin to do some budgetting at the moment and well there's a lot to be said for immediate gratification.

But yeah I'll drop them a line of course. Thanks!