The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX - NET Logo (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=365)

svxxx26 05-07-2001 06:49 AM

SVX - NET Logo

Allright!! The new logo looks awesome! Many thanks to John Hoffman for an excellent design, and a nice update (red SVX logo).

Now, when can we get new decals???

svxistentialist 05-07-2001 07:23 AM

New Logo

Looks good to me and is not wearing a rear spoiler.:)

Is there general consensus on the use of the word "Owner's" You will exclude a lot of would-be owners from joining or even enquiring about the club.

Any thoughts on this??

Joe

svxxx26 05-07-2001 07:55 AM

Joe, you may have a point - perhaps "Enthusiasts" would be better than "Owners", although in real-life practical terms I doubt that anyone other than owners would be participating.
But no, don't want to exclude any potential participants.:rolleyes:

eddycat2000 05-07-2001 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxxx26
Joe, you may have a point - perhaps "Enthusiasts" would be better than "Owners", although in real-life practical terms I doubt that anyone other than owners would be participating.
But no, don't want to exclude any potential participants.:rolleyes:

svxxx26, we already know that non-owners come here. We have one guy here that sold his SVX, and don't forget the brochure toting youngster. I think you are right about enthusiasts, you don't have to own an SVX to appreciate it. But I personnaly think that you can't truly appreciate it until you do own one. I'd driven them for years after fixing them, and never really appreciated them until I bought one and after a very long road trip, got out and my back didn't hurt, and we made good time and got pretty dang good mileage to boot. DANG, in the two + years we've owned it we only went on that one long trip...Hmmm, where can I convince the wife we *need* to go...<G>.;)

svxxx26 05-07-2001 08:37 AM

<<DANG, in the two + years we've owned it we only went on that one long trip...Hmmm, where can I convince the wife we *need* to go>>

You know when Larry III sees that , you're going to get it with both barrels. See, there's this 10th Anniversary Meet thingy coming up, can you say List Incentive Program . . . ;)

Of course before that, there's Reading, The Smokies and this October: Snowshoe II! That would be a NICE LONG drive for ya - and maybe gas will go down by then! :eek: :eek: :eek:

svxxx26 05-07-2001 08:40 AM

<<we already know that non-owners come here. We have one guy here that sold his SVX, and don't forget the brochure toting youngster. >>

I look at it this way: if you're really a SVX enthusiast, but don't actually own one, you're going to visit anyway.

Brochure-totin' youngsters included! :rolleyes:

Aredubjay 05-07-2001 10:43 AM

I posted in another thread, I'd like to see the word "Owners" replaced with the word "World." That would open it up to whomever and whatever.

wasions 05-07-2001 12:56 PM

hmm. WORLD hmm. I like it.

Steve

Oh, yeah.

Work like nobody's watching.

Love like you don't need the money.

Dance like you've never been hurt.

Aredubjay 05-07-2001 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions
Work like nobody's watching.

Love like you don't need the money.

Dance like you've never been hurt.

That could work. :D

svxcess 05-07-2001 02:27 PM

SVX WORLD NETWORK Design

1 Attachment(s)
Okay guys, check in my personal locker for the latest update to the club decal http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/svxcess/174.jpg I tried all the others, such as SVX Enthusiasts Network, Alcyone International, et al, but they were all too long to fit comfortably on the curve at the top of the logo. "World" replaces "Owners" just fine. Is this design and "nom du jour" the general concensus of the club? How bout the red "SVX"? Everything is ready to go for production once I get the go ahead.

Aredubjay 05-07-2001 02:34 PM

John, I can't speak for everyone else, but, I like it. I'm ready to peel off the old, and put on the new. Anybody else? Let's make it happen. Meanwhile, don't forget to reserve the design for a quick re-print, since I would think we would include one of these (along with, perhaps, a key fob) with membership, once the organization gets rolling. :)

svxxx26 05-07-2001 04:26 PM

<<John, I can't speak for everyone else, but, I like it.>>

Go ahead and speak for me, Aredub - I love it. Can't wait to put it on the SVX:cool:

John19688 05-07-2001 07:08 PM

Excellent logo

I like the logo at the top of all the pages.

I think the logo is great and it should be used on everything published/produced by this "network" of owners. The more we use it, the more we appear to be professional, organized group.

There is a quality about this logo that sparks immediate recognition--a reaction that every logo designer hopes for.

Thanks John for a job well done.

tober76b 05-07-2001 10:54 PM

first i'd like to say that the logo looks great, but........
IMHO....it's looks 'bottom heavy',,,,,mainly there is too much 'white space' in the upper half. the white space between the outline and svx world network is greater than the white space between the red svx and www.subaru-svx.net. what adds to this effect is that the red svx is not only bigger, it has thicker lines and it is red. the outline on the other hand, is plain grey with thin, detailed lines.
that said, if we're looking for more balanced logo i suggest that either:
1. the outline is enlarged--possibly even shortened horizontally so that the inverse of the outside edge lines is preserved like it currently is (nice touch BTW)
OR
2. the red svx and outline are moved up so that top of the outline is closer to the grey oval than the red svx is.
OR
3. the oval is flatten out a bit--with most of the impact affecting the upper half.

what are everyone's thoughts on the matter?
toby

FlagstaffSVX 05-08-2001 12:14 AM

What about those plastic chrome thingy's? I don't have a SVX logo underneath my rear windows and a matched pair would go great if they were chrome or decaled. (of course I have no idea how the red SVX will go with the black on pearl)

Quote:

tober76b: it's looks 'bottom heavy'
I agree, it does look bottom heavy with all the emphasis on SVX. Perhaps shaping it like a medallion with the SVX at the very bottom of the logo... Lemme get out photoshop and see what I can do, results to be posted soon!