The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVXes are tough! got smacked in the rear bumper (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25242)

Landshark 03-26-2005 03:11 PM

SVXes are tough! got smacked in the rear bumper

pulled up to a red light on the way home from work, and was sitting there for about 5 seconds then <WHACK!>, some jackass in an Acura SUV (?) clobbers my bumper. get out, expecting a nice crunchy bumper, and there wasn't even a scratch! no mark of any kind. his plastic front bumper came to a point in the middle, and i thought for sure SOME damage.....

i kinda wish he would have smacked me harder, 'cause i have some scratches on my rear bumper, and some whiplash would mean some time off work. :rolleyes: :D

Weasel 22 03-26-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
pulled up to a red light on the way home from work, and was sitting there for about 5 seconds then <WHACK!>, some jackass in an Acura SUV (?) clobbers my bumper. get out, expecting a nice crunchy bumper, and there wasn't even a scratch! no mark of any kind. his plastic front bumper came to a point in the middle, and i thought for sure SOME damage.....

i kinda wish he would have smacked me harder, 'cause i have some scratches on my rear bumper, and some whiplash would mean some time off work. :rolleyes: :D

its not too late....the injuries set in after the incident :D

Lost_Thought 03-26-2005 05:03 PM

Yeah what with shock and the adrenaline flowing why who would notice a broken rib, or torn shoulder, etc.... ;)

want-a-fast-svx 03-26-2005 05:24 PM

hmmm...make real sure there aren't any stress marks or bows anywhere you might have overlooked or possibly even the structural integrity behind the bumper cover could be damaged. Not to mention the pain and suffering.

Electrophil 03-26-2005 05:45 PM

You didn't lose a finger did you? I heard this story about Wendy's and....................

Weasel 22 03-26-2005 06:10 PM

lets hope the lawyers don't find out about this site... :eek: :eek:

Landshark 03-26-2005 08:25 PM

ow, my liver is hurting.

oh wait........

Seraph 03-27-2005 01:02 AM

Last time I got hit, nothing happened to my car (bumper wise) that I can tell. State Farm paid my broken laptop in full(2200ish after taxes and such) and they also came out and checked out my bumper and gave me 450 bucks. I had my wing and bumper repainted for 10 bucks by one of our touch up guys.

Sometime, it's good to drive a SVX and be hit in one. :D :D :D

Earthworm 03-28-2005 01:38 PM

I was almost rear-ended on my way to work today. Guy was tailgating me in a Ford Escape as we were approaching a red light. I tap my brakes causing him to hammer on his brakes locking up the front tires for a moment.

He swerves into the lane beside me, passes me then cuts me off and hammers his brakes. I had no problems slowing down.

At the next lights we stop side by side and motions for me to roll down my window. I do since I didn't do anything wrong. He gets mad at ME for "attempting to cause an accident". He then threatens me saying that I don't know the people he knows. I didn't care who he knew since if he rear-ended me he's automatically at fault and I can use some fresh paint :D

Electrophil 03-28-2005 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
I was almost rear-ended on my way to work today. Guy was tailgating me in a Ford Escape as we were approaching a red light. I tap my brakes causing him to hammer on his brakes locking up the front tires for a moment.

He swerves into the lane beside me, passes me then cuts me off and hammers his brakes. I had no problems slowing down.

At the next lights we stop side by side and motions for me to roll down my window. I do since I didn't do anything wrong. He gets mad at ME for "attempting to cause an accident". He then threatens me saying that I don't know the people he knows. I didn't care who he knew since if he rear-ended me he's automatically at fault and I can use some fresh paint :D

Hey!! That was me!!!

:D :D Just kidding :D :D

Earthworm 03-28-2005 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
Hey!! That was me!!!

You must be lost! (for a few days to be in my area)

SilverSpear 03-29-2005 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
i kinda wish he would have smacked me harder... :rolleyes: :D

I can see from your avatar that you are ....NUTS !!!! come on, you want a harder smack???? come to me... i will smack §*&#²]°£/^ the sh!t out of you....<jokin> :D :D :D

Don't say that about your car, or the next one will be a Peterbilt rather than an SUV :D :D