The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   And I thought I knew everything about the SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19036)

rmjjensen 06-02-2004 09:44 PM

And I thought I knew everything about the SVX

I feel dumb

Driving to florida, and there's all this crap on the windshield. My friend in the passenger seat notices and:

Friend - "you should really hit the window washer"
Me - "I think there's something wrong with the motor, it doesn't spray and the bottles full....see" (as I pull the multi-function switch towards me and see the wipers go back and forth with no liquid)
Friend - "oh, dam that sucks"

....2 minutes later

Me - "What the F***!?" (as the wipers go back and forth and the washer jets spray fluid all over the windshield) "How'd you do that"
Friend - "There's a button that says 'wash'"
Me - "Oh .........wow ........this car is weird"

who puts wash button on the multi-function switch .......just pull towards you!!!!!! Well now I know ......all this time

SubaSteevo 06-02-2004 10:01 PM

You've been a member for almost a year, and you've never had to wash your windows before :confused:

Do you know about the winter/summer switch?

IggDawg 06-03-2004 06:09 AM

at least the parking light switch isn't on the steering column like Imprezas. when someone joins Nabisco, we'll say "Hi, welcome to the club. the parking light switch is on the column" and half the time they say "oh, thanks! I was wondering how to turn those off!"

Subaru does some wierd things. But you get used to them. then when you go to drive a non-subaru, it takes you a while to adapt.

Treppiede 06-03-2004 07:05 AM

Re: And I thought I knew everything about the SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by rmjjensen
who puts wash button on the multi-function switch .......just pull towards you!!!!!!
I feel you man! Everytime I have to wash my windshield, I wind up washing the rear one by mistake, and viceversa when I want to clean the rear one I wind up cleaning the windshield first... :p

Quote:

Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
Nope... what's that?

:)

Walter

rmjjensen 06-03-2004 07:55 AM

Quote:

You've been a member for almost a year, and you've never had to wash your windows before :confused:

Yeah I know about that .......seriously I've been 'studying' this car for like 5 years now ........but not the basics

Chiketkd 06-03-2004 08:03 AM

I didn't know about the winter/summer switch until I owned my car for 2 weeks and read the thread about the thigns we like most about the SVX. When I found the switch, I kept playing with the thing. It's pretty darn cool! :cool:

-Chike
Quote:

shelfy 06-03-2004 08:55 AM

Re: Re: And I thought I knew everything about the SVX

Quote:

Originally posted by Treppiede
I feel you man! Everytime I have to wash my windshield, I wind up washing the rear one by mistake, and viceversa when I want to clean the rear one I wind up cleaning the windshield first...
i have the opposite problem. to me, subarus have the functions where they should be. when i drive the jeep. pulling the stalk toward me sprays the front wash jets and pushing it away from you sprays rear jets. if you just want one swipe of the front wipers you push down. so everytime i need to just run the wipers once across, i get the jets, too. :(

IggDawg 06-03-2004 09:01 AM

I had a rental Sable once when I curbed my Impreza. Downshifted into first when I was trying to wipe my windows :p

shift selectors do NOT belong on the column :p

mikecg 06-03-2004 10:16 AM

Pulling the handle......

.....is for mist. When you get behind a car on a damp road, or get splashed, you dont need to turn the wipers on than off again. You just give it a quick pull and a quick swip from the wipers removes the offending droplets.

shelfy 06-03-2004 11:00 AM

Re: Pulling the handle......

Quote:

Originally posted by mikecg
.....is for mist. When you get behind a car on a damp road, or get splashed, you dont need to turn the wipers on than off again. You just give it a quick pull and a quick swip from the wipers removes the offending droplets.
tell this to daimler-chrysler. :mad:

Seraph 06-03-2004 11:10 AM

:rolleyes:

Earthworm 07-06-2004 02:45 PM

I've sometimes confused sides. I've flashed my brights to oncoming cars when all I wants to do was clean some mist off the windshield.

I've also turned on my wipers when approaching a corner.

Oh well, at least the horn is not included in those controls.

NapaBavarian 07-06-2004 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by IggDawg
at least the parking light switch isn't on the steering column like Imprezas. when someone joins Nabisco, we'll say "Hi, welcome to the club. the parking light switch is on the column" and half the time they say "oh, thanks! I was wondering how to turn those off!"

Subaru does some wierd things. But you get used to them. then when you go to drive a non-subaru, it takes you a while to adapt.

My 1969 BMW 2002 had the turn signal switch on the right sid of the steering collum:confused:

SVX_MY_BABY 07-06-2004 04:00 PM

It's the darn parking light switch beside the tilt lever on the steering colum that gets me. First time I drove the car it took me half an hour to turn off the lights. I still hit that one every now and then.

foresvx 07-06-2004 04:09 PM

I almost got someone run off the road

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
I've sometimes confused sides. I've flashed my brights to oncoming cars when all I wants to do was clean some mist off the windshield.

I've also turned on my wipers when approaching a corner.

Oh well, at least the horn is not included in those controls.

It had been raining, the road was wet, a tractor trailer passed me on the left, spraying my windshield, as he passed me he went along side the car in front of me, I flashed my brights instead of the wipers, the truck thought I was signaling him it was clear to get back in front of me, and he signaled and started to move over. He was half way in the right lane and the car beside him was halfway off the road and laying on the hone; before he realized what was going on and got back over. I felt like a dog.
I changed lanes and made a quick turn and went the back way to work so I would not have to deal with the car or truck.

But now I laugh about it because no one got hurt.:p

I can't tell you the number of times I smudge my windshield when I make a turn without signaling. :o