The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX appeal (it's still got it) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49054)

hairy 02-09-2009 03:25 AM

SVX appeal (it's still got it)

Three weeks ago I gave a fellow member of an aviation forum of which I am a member a ride to an airshow in my SVX, he had never seen (noticed) one before.

Well today he bought this.....................
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...arusnewcar.jpg

It's a 1995 JDM with 125,000Km.

Funny thing is he never drove mine he was only a passenger.:D

He will be joining here soon, he has no internet at the moment.

1986nate 02-09-2009 04:16 AM

Re: SVX appeal (it's still got it)

That is excellent!!! I was intent on buying one ever since I first saw one on TV about 7 years ago.(no suby dealers in our area when they were sold)

Turbone 02-09-2009 07:30 AM

I never even sat in one before buying mine :p

bheinen74 02-09-2009 07:41 AM

me either, but i figured i liked my other subies, so i would love this one. First time i drove it after my 5 mile test drive taking the seller back home to sign the title over, was to drive it back home, 762 miles from where i purchased it. My initial reaction was its the best driving car i have ever driven. Compared to many other cars too that i have driven. this is a very nice driving car, smooth, quiet, etc.

AyeJaye 02-09-2009 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbone (Post 586657)

Same here. It was one of those cars that I always wanted, but had to wait many years until it dropped into my price range. And now I find myself wanting to buy a few more :lol:

bheinen74 02-09-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeJaye (Post 586661)
Same here. It was one of those cars that I always wanted, but had to wait many years until it dropped into my price range. And now I find myself wanting to buy a few more :lol:

svx is like crack, or the other word start with s ends in x

AyeJaye 02-09-2009 09:03 AM

I've always been passionate about Subarus, now its just getting worse...

:lol:

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-09-2009 04:31 PM

Yes it does very nice. And it's JDM.:D

Black88GTA 02-09-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Me neither. All I knew was that I wanted an AWD sports car that wasn't a DSM, wasn't super expensive, and was somewhat distinctive / rare. I don't like 'common' cars. I've always liked the SVX, so I figured this would be perfect.

Of course, that was before I knew that the one I'd end up with had been run into the ground by the previous owner :rolleyes: I'm slowly making progress on bringing it back though. AWD jump-started that process with a few major necessary repairs, and I will hopefully be able to take care of the remainder of issues this spring / summer. The checklist is getting long though...:eek:

zavikan 02-10-2009 08:05 AM

must say, I did a little bit of profiling there... saw your car list, and was worried. The combination screamed ricer crap. Looked at all 3 photos expecting to see rather beaten untastefully done cars.

I must say thats the prettiest prelude i've ever seen. and props on the other 2 as well. Welcome to the site!

Sexy'sGirl 02-10-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

LOL I didn't fall in love with mine UNTIL I melted in the passenger seat!!!:)

svxistentialist 02-10-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sexy'sGirl (Post 586852)
LOL I didn't fall in love with mine UNTIL I melted in the passenger seat!!!:)

Hey, I sure hope your silver and black has leather upholstery.

It can be so troublesome to get melted girls off the ecsaine.

Joe :rolleyes: :D

Black88GTA 02-10-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zavikan (Post 586849)
must say, I did a little bit of profiling there... saw your car list, and was worried. The combination screamed ricer crap. Looked at all 3 photos expecting to see rather beaten untastefully done cars.

I must say thats the prettiest prelude i've ever seen. and props on the other 2 as well. Welcome to the site!

lol, well thank you :) My SVX is actually the most beaten car in the lineup! Once I get some minor bodywork done and new doors, it's going in for paint - I think it'll be really nice once I get rid of the scrapes, blistering clearcoat, dings, and rust spots, of course...oh, and I have to install the "summer" wheels. The previous owner put 60 series Crown Vic tires on the factory alloys :(

techy101 02-10-2009 11:33 AM

My father got a brand new 96 and had it for about a year before moving on. I've always loved the car since, so once I could afford one, I nabbed it right up :)

K_Dub 02-10-2009 11:49 AM

I had a guy asking me all kinds of questions about mine at a gas station last night. He said he'd never seen one, but people are crazy about them online. He wanted to know everything from drivetrain, to octaine, then asked me if they have any in museums. I thought of PaulDexler and said "There should be";)