The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Snow and more snow the SVX is in its element (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56050)

DJW svx 12-01-2010 01:45 PM

Snow and more snow the SVX is in its element

Although a pain as far as my actual work progress and completion is concerned at least I can fully exploit the SVX and get to work, my new Renault van is useless in the snow so the SVX is the official works vehicle until the snow clears.

Vlad772 12-02-2010 01:10 AM

Re: Snow and more snow the SVX is in its element

SVX+Snow=Fun:)

b3lha 12-02-2010 05:00 PM

I'm very disappointed with the snow this year. The weather forecast keeps promising heavy snow, but we've only had a few millimetres.:(

Have you noticed how in England, snow inches are like pen is inches? I mean you have to divide the claimed measurement by 3 to get the real measurement! I was watching a TV news story yesterday about a town with 5 inches of snow and in the background you could clearly see there was only an inch and a half at most. :rolleyes:

Vlad772 12-03-2010 01:20 AM

I've got different problem, there are plenty of snow in Vienna, but my SVX is in service:( Waiting for the brake disks replacement

DJW svx 12-03-2010 01:58 AM

Down here in Hampshire there is at least 5-6 inches where I live and its compacted to solid ice on my road which is on a hill and that makes for interesting driving as I'm about the only one able to get out. What I have noticed when the wheels were spinning yesterday was a driveshaft 'knocking type sound' from the left hand front sounds a bit like a CV joint may be on its way out!

stevek 12-05-2010 04:16 PM

May have to experience snow with mine - some opportunist scrote stole one of my lads' car yesterday. He left it running while washing his hands after replacing the glow plugs - 3 minutes later no car, no baby seats, no wife's purse, no housekeys, Happy Christmas....

Myxalplyx 12-09-2010 12:50 PM

Wow...sorry to read about that. That sucks! Hopefully, the vehicle is recovered. Glad no-one got hurt.

stevek 12-18-2010 01:51 PM

Thanks for your sympathy but the bit about no one getting hurt can't be right - I'd like to make the thieving scrote feel pain like never before. Just in case it's parked near anyone here it's a bright red Audi 80 Avant Tdi, L195SFM, towbar, alloys and near mint, or was....

blueji 12-21-2010 05:03 PM

I've been the victim of a thief.....AND IT HURTS!,

If you ever catch the B*****d, you're more than welcome to come and bury him in the 24"......yes 24" of snow we've had here.

My SVX is too shiny to take out in the winter, plus it's not worth the chance been hit by a ned in his Corsa.

John:)

svxistentialist 12-21-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevek (Post 664894)
Thanks for your sympathy but the bit about no one getting hurt can't be right - I'd like to make the thieving scrote feel pain like never before. Just in case it's parked near anyone here it's a bright red Audi 80 Avant Tdi, L195SFM, towbar, alloys and near mint, or was....

Steve, sorry to hear about this. I'm not on line much these days so I don't get the news fresh!

Any chance of the cops getting it back for you?

Joe

stevek 12-27-2010 12:52 PM

Sorry for slow reply, Joe. Car hasn't turned up, and popular opinion is that it has been 'weighed in' at a scrapyard, for which I'm told netts the scrote £150 or so. As for the Police, well if it doesn't involve a terrorist, a marijuana factory or a sneaky speed trap I'm not convinced they put max effort in...
As my eldest has 2 kids and a bump, anyone know of an MPV for sale at handy money? (especially one that can be swopped for a bike!)
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas btw, and all the best for 2011.