The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   intermittent tcu code 25 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59344)

redlightningsvx 03-02-2012 10:04 AM

intermittent tcu code 25

I know this is for the engine torque signal. It only pblinks the code like every 4 start ups from off. Any insite n why it would come on like this. The car drives fine except when it comes on it has a slight 1st to 2nd hard shift like the A solenoid behind the battery is unplugged.

Chuckls 03-02-2012 11:05 AM

Re: intermittent tcu code 25

Funny you should post this...As mine is doing the same thing now w/ my 4.44

I do remember the engine torque control and a conversation I had w/ someone saying the QC would be the cause of that.

Thoughts?

redlightningsvx 03-02-2012 11:06 AM

Thanks for the reminder this is a 4.44 swapped car.

Chuckls 03-02-2012 11:25 AM

Okay, check to make sure all your QC wires are connected and the ends are wrapped as to not touch any metal. This code is usually caused by a link between the TCU and ECU aka, the QC.

I will be doing that if I am still alive after this big Tor-Con 9 Indiana storm.

redlightningsvx 03-02-2012 11:26 AM

I actually just checked the wiring for that also to make sure that they were tight. This is on the pearly i just picked up. I used pliers to retighten them to be safe and started the car several times with no light so we will see what happens. I never had this problem on my red one with the qc. If anything I may just sauter them together instead of the quick connects.

Chuckls 03-02-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx (Post 698452)
I actually just checked the wiring for that also to make sure that they were tight. This is on the pearly i just picked up. I used pliers to retighten them to be safe and started the car several times with no light so we will see what happens. I never had this problem on my red one with the qc. If anything I may just sauter them together instead of the quick connects.

Sounds good. Maybe we can get Harvey to spill the beans on this?

redlightningsvx 03-02-2012 01:32 PM

I think it was a bad quick connect. I really don't care for them. As for it throwing a code could be because one of the 2 wires you split may go to the torque control? Overall no codes so far but ill be keeping an eye on it.

Chuckls 03-02-2012 01:37 PM

Hope that is all it was. It's hailing here right now so I can't go check, even though it's bugging the crap out of me.

oab_au 03-02-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx (Post 698442)
I know this is for the engine torque signal. It only pblinks the code like every 4 start ups from off. Any insite n why it would come on like this. The car drives fine except when it comes on it has a slight 1st to 2nd hard shift like the A solenoid behind the battery is unplugged.

When you turn the key on, the TCU does a system check.
Sometimes the electrolytic capacitors in the QC are charging at the same time, and the TCU pulls the code for the Torque Control.
It does not affect the way the TCU or the QC work.

Harvey.

redlightningsvx 03-02-2012 04:37 PM

Thanks Harvey. I still think it may have been a bad hookup on the wire. Still code free.

showoval 08-10-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx (Post 698442)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckls (Post 698449)
Funny you should post this...As mine is doing the same thing now w/ my 4.44

I do remember the engine torque control and a conversation I had w/ someone saying the QC would be the cause of that.

Thoughts?

I've got the same problem, going to check my QC connections this weekend if I can find it. No other codes, just the exsisting 25 every 4-5 starts