The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Original wheels and Michelin Pilot A/S for sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53003)

Joel 01-30-2010 07:20 PM

4 OEM wheels and Michelin Pilot A/S in Eastern PA

Hey Guys,

My original wheels with a set of Michelin Pilot A/S on them are going up for sale. Just had the car state inspected and the Subaru dealer report states the tires are 7/32, according to Tire Rack, they are 10/32 new, so I'd say about 75% tread left. They came on the car when I bought it last year, no damage of any kind that I can tell, holes plugged, cracking of sidewalls, etc. The tires go for about $150 a piece new, I'd like to get $300 for just the tires, or $500 for the tires/wheels + shipping if anyone is interested. Also could be picked up locally, I'm near Allentown Pennsylvania. The wheels would make a good set in their current condition for the winter, or restored.

Joel 01-31-2010 12:33 PM

Re: 4 OEM wheels and Michelin Pilot A/S in Eastern PA

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel (Post 632733)
Hey Guys,

My original wheels with a set of Michelin Pilot A/S on them are going up for sale. Just had the car state inspected and the Subaru dealer report states the tires are 7/32, according to Tire Rack, they are 10/32 new, so I'd say about 75% tread left. They came on the car when I bought it last year, no damage of any kind that I can tell, holes plugged, cracking of sidewalls, etc. The tires go for about $150 a piece new, I'd like to get $300 for just the tires, or $500 for the tires/wheels + shipping if anyone is interested. Also could be picked up locally, I'm near Allentown Pennsylvania. The wheels would make a good set in their current condition for the winter, or restored.

Photos now attached

immortal_suby 01-31-2010 01:29 PM

Re: 4 OEM wheels and Michelin Pilot A/S in Eastern PA

I have these tires on mine in 17" They are awesome. Good luck with the sale.

juice 01-31-2010 04:15 PM

Re: Original wheels and Michelin Pilot A/S for sale

I think your asking a bit too much I sold a set of wheels and tires for $150. anything used drastically decreases in value especially from a private party. but good luck.

Joel 01-31-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juice (Post 632912)
I think your asking a bit too much I sold a set of wheels and tires for $150. anything used drastically decreases in value especially from a private party. but good luck.

Thanks for the tip. I just priced these tires on Tire Rack, with no road hazard and shipping to PA is $704, $165 a tire and $43 for shipping. With roughly 3/4 of their tread left, I think $300 for the tires is pretty reasonable. That's less than cost of a set of 4 cheap tires that likely won't handle as well or last as long. The rims are not going to win any beauty contests, that's for sure. In the interest of moving it so I don't have to store it, I'd do the set of tires/rims for $350. If they don't move at that price, I'll store them and in the event I ever sell the car just put them back on.:)

Joel 02-04-2010 06:01 PM

Re: Update: Original wheels and Michelin Pilot A/S for sale

The wife overruled me! Rather than listening to the complaints about too much stuff all over the place, I'm going to let this go for cheap! $200 for wheels and tires. If you interested in shipping that would be extra, it looked like about $100 to ship just the tires. I went on UPS and put in PA to CA to get an idea. PM me if your interested.

Hocrest 02-04-2010 07:38 PM

Re: Update: Original wheels and Michelin Pilot A/S for sale

I'll take these. I can pick them up one of these weekends...

Joel 02-07-2010 10:38 AM

Wheels and tires are SOLD!:)

Hocrest 02-07-2010 12:53 PM

Picked these up today, now I have something good to mount when the snows come off :D

See you in Reading Joel....

Joel 02-07-2010 02:04 PM

Nice meeting you today Dave. See you in Reading! :)