The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Disney World (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34985)

Speedklix 09-01-2006 12:47 PM

Disney World

I'm heading to FLORIDA!! Okay so after 5 attempted trips I am going to florida. Time to see disney world finally.

We are going to be there for new years and I just need to know if I really need to get reservations to eat in advance like several people here have been telling me. So people who have been there in the busy seasons... is this really true?
How about at the hotels/resorts? Nearby towns?

Thanks guys

Tony117s 09-01-2006 12:50 PM

you need dining reservations, i've been to disney world 9 times. Believe me i have heard the hostess tell people who walk in to eat that they will have a 2+ hour long wait many many many times.

Electrophil 09-01-2006 12:51 PM

I have no idea. I just want to say "Have Fun!!" :)

Speedklix 09-01-2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
I have no idea. I just want to say "Have Fun!!" :)

Thanks, we usually have a great time no matter where or what we end up doing.

Tony this is insane! It sounds to me like we should go open a restaurant!
I don't like the idea of planning where to eat before I see the place... but looks like thats what I'm doing.... and my stomach is gonna have to deal with the schedule.
I guess its not all that bad... I mean, i've made trips just to eat at a place!

Are there any recommendations or places I should avoid?

Hocrest 09-01-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedklix
Are there any recommendations ...

I hear that the McDonald's near there is just as GREAT as every other McD's in the country :D :D

Have a great trip. Are you flying or driving?

SubaSteevo 09-01-2006 02:17 PM

When I went to Disney years back we stayed at these log cabin type houses on the Disney Grounds. It was nice because it included the same day-passes and everything that the Disney hotels offer, but also gave you your own kitchen and everything so we could cook our meals instead of having to dine out all the time.

Sean486 09-01-2006 03:06 PM

If you want to take your kids to a meal with Costumed Disney Characters then you need to book them like 6 months in advance. Especially the one in Cinderella's castle, which is the hardest one to get reservations for. Depends on how old your kids are (if you have kids that is). We have a 6 year and a 4 year old both girls and they were very into the character stuff.

If you just want a sit down meal with a waitress then you can usually schedule them pretty close to your trip. We were able to make reservations for a few (non character places) while we were on the trip. BUT if you just want to eat at a counter service/food court kind of place you don't need any reservations, you can just walk right in and quickly get some food. There is a food court area at each of the Disney hotels too.

Landshark 09-01-2006 10:32 PM

Universal Studios Islands of Adventure > Disney

Speedklix 09-01-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
I hear that the McDonald's near there is just as GREAT as every other McD's in the country :D :D

Have a great trip. Are you flying or driving?

:D We're flying this trip. I was tempted to drive... but I'm just gonna sit back on this one. We are going to rent a car to explore for a day or two though.

We don't have any kids. Unless you count Coco, our spoiled rotten Chihuahua. She'd be coming with us if she could pass as a service animal :rolleyes: :). So we won't be worried about any of that stuff. Looks like we'll be in good shape then. We'll just plan a some of the dinners and a lunch or two... and figure out the rest when we get there.

Landshark 09-02-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedklix
We don't have any kids.

you'll definitely like the coasters at Islands of Adventure then.

the acceleration at the beginning of the "Hulk" coaster is worth the price of admission. :D

http://a5.cpimg.com/image/B3/0E/5079...-02000180-.jpg

immortal_suby 09-02-2006 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
Universal Studios Islands of Adventure > Disney

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...suby/38033.gif

Speedklix 09-02-2006 09:12 AM

Quote:

ooo, mike like. Yeah, we'll probably head over there for a day.
....and the day I arrive is when they start staying open until 11! Wow, they are even open christmas and thanksgiving day. Not even I work on xmas and tday... well a little bit on tday sometimes, cause there is something wrong with me :rolleyes: but still its only like a couple hours.

Earthworm 09-05-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

the acceleration at the beginning of the "Hulk" coaster is worth the price of admission. :D

That ride would have accelerated my lunch right out of me! :D

When I was there I went on the other rides including the Dueling Dragons (both of them) but considering the Hulk was going to be my last ride of the day I didn't think my stomach could handle it. :o

huck369 09-05-2006 10:55 AM

Mike,
You might contact Michael of the XT6 board, as he lives in Orlando...
He might be able to give you some tips on places to eat/places to NOT eat;)
his handle over there is "subyluvr2212"

Have fun!!!

Landshark 09-05-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
That ride would have accelerated my lunch right out of me! :D

When I was there I went on the other rides including the Dueling Dragons (both of them) but considering the Hulk was going to be my last ride of the day I didn't think my stomach could handle it. :o

i rode it 5 times the last time i was there - it was mid March: nice warm, but-not-too-hot weather, and the place was virtually empty. :)

the beginning starts out slow going up a hill inside a tunnel, then all of a sudden its like being shot out of a cannon! as you leave the tunnel, you go into a corkscrew. crazy fun!!!

bonus if you figure out where the cameras are on the rides so you can mug for the souvenir photos. :D