The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Has anyone been screwed by a collection agency? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34680)

NapaBavarian 08-10-2006 02:38 PM

Has anyone been screwed by a collection agency?

I'm starting to feel like it is kick Karl year, I have a collection agency that keeps beating on me for money that I already paid for yellow paged advertising, and now the yellow pages company wants more money, the reinstated the ammount that had been credited :confused: WTF is it? I don't mind so much paying $3.50 a gallon, I can always just walk, it is my choice to spend that money, but why is it that the phone company seems to be able to add random charges as they see fit :confused: and it dosn't seem to matter what phone company, just screw the customer into the ground even if the phone company made the mistake :mad:

DanSVX94 08-10-2006 02:59 PM

Never ever give a collection agency any money. Never talk to them on the phone or supply any information whatsoever. Never let them tape record you. Just tell them the matter is in dispute and to never harass you again. They then have to leave you alone.

If necessary, take the phone company to small claims court. They will settle as providing an attorney is a pain and costly for them. As a corporation they have to have an attorney.

Good luck!

subi-crosser 08-10-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
I'm starting to feel like it is kick Karl year, I have a collection agency that keeps beating on me for money that I already paid for yellow paged advertising, and now the yellow pages company wants more money, the reinstated the ammount that had been credited :confused: WTF is it? I don't mind so much paying $3.50 a gallon, I can always just walk, it is my choice to spend that money, but why is it that the phone company seems to be able to add random charges as they see fit :confused: and it dosn't seem to matter what phone company, just screw the customer into the ground even if the phone company made the mistake :mad:

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!! Didn't I respond to a similar post last year??? I have been subjected to ABUSE from lowes inc. over an account that I PAID by certified check, (and sent them a copy of the check) since oct 2000, and when I left nationwide insurance, ( see criminal in websters dict), and went with Allstate , I was billed 207$ for 2 days coverage in april, and I had signed on with allstate in march!
Jerry

PS. Your credit score just WENT TO HE!!!!!!!! And it will be a cold day in HE!!!!!!!! before they take it off!!! I'm going to COURT, and making them justify this ABUSE to a jury of my PEER$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

subi-crosser 09-08-2006 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!! Didn't I respond to a similar post last year??? I have been subjected to ABUSE from lowes inc. over an account that I PAID by certified check, (and sent them a copy of the check) since oct 2000, and when I left nationwide insurance, ( see criminal in websters dict), and went with Allstate , I was billed 207$ for 2 days coverage in april, and I had signed on with allstate in march!
Jerry

PS. Your credit score just WENT TO HE!!!!!!!! And it will be a cold day in HE!!!!!!!! before they take it off!!! I'm going to COURT, and making them justify this ABUSE to a jury of my PEER$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

I STILL feel your pain!!
Remember that I said that a BOGUS CRAP was there from a bill I didn't OWE?? WELL!!!, I just got a copy of my credit report!! I have threatened, negotiated, begged, pleaded, and recieved a letter stating that I DO NOT OWE THE MONEY!!! Since 4-12-05, A bill that I DO NOT OWE has been keeping my score lower, and costing me more money for EVERYTHING!!! I have NO choice!!! I MUST go to the COURTS!!!

Nationwide is NOT on your side!!! They want to KILL you!!! Run!! while there is still time!!

LarryIII 09-08-2006 03:25 AM

I personally have not been messed with by a collection agency, but, right now, I am fighting my employer's health insurance company.
I don't expect to win or break even. :(

demonsvx 09-08-2006 05:55 AM

Report them to the FTC or BBB and they will leave you alone:D I had a similar problem with these stupid magazine subscriptions saying I owed them money and never got a mag from them. Reported them to the FTC sent a copy from them to the magazine and havent heard from them since:D