The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pretty Impressed.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28789)

tman6429 10-05-2005 10:55 PM

Pretty Impressed....

Hello people, i was on my way home after the gym. I came across few people. 4 people including myself, we were sitting at the light and well, you know the rest. The cars as follows. Gallant VR4 turbo awd stick, 240SX with a skyline engine, new Chevy silverado, and 1st gen eclipse turbo awd. Well all of us took of at the light, out of all the people i can 2nd, the 240sx was first and wasn't far behind was me by 2 cars. Me and the Eclipse and the Galant was neck to neck. And the silverado was left far behind. I am pretty inpressed. Thats my story. I know racing is bad, i was tempted.....

ensteele 10-06-2005 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tman6429
Thats my story. I know racing is bad, i was tempted.....

And these stories are not allowed here. :( Tempted or not. :(

Chiketkd 10-06-2005 06:55 AM

Agreed. Racing is best kept for the track... :)

-Chike

thundering02 10-06-2005 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Agreed. Racing is best kept for the track... :)

-Chike

ITBL..........

SilverSpear 10-06-2005 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
And these stories are not allowed here. :( Tempted or not. :(

can he jsut add to his story----> ........... euh and that race was performed on the track??? :D :D ;) ;)

Zeppelin 10-06-2005 08:12 AM

Those DSM drivers don't know how to drive then. My stock 2G Talon launches twice as hard as my SVX ever did.

How do you know the 240SX had a Skyline engine in it? That may be the only way I'll ever get my dream powerplant..... :eek:

n00b on demand 10-06-2005 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeppelin
Those DSM drivers don't know how to drive then. My stock 2G Talon launches twice as hard as my SVX ever did.

How do you know the 240SX had a Skyline engine in it? That may be the only way I'll ever get my dream powerplant..... :eek:

Shaddap about your DSM you n00b :rolleyes:

tman6429 10-06-2005 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeppelin

I saw the engine at the local Sheetz. Single turbo skyline engine. Damn i wish i had a camcorder for a moments like this.

Chiketkd 10-06-2005 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundering02
ITBL..........

Don't you mean IBTL? :confused:

-Chike

thundering02 10-06-2005 01:18 PM

I beat the lock

TomsSVX 10-06-2005 01:29 PM

um... yeah right. Stock SVX has no balls off the line. You may have been able to beat out the Chevy pickup but you would get owned by a stock 1g DSM no less a mosified one, and the vr4 galant would do the same slaughter on the svx. Don't act like the car is fast. Turbo awd mitsus are some of the best car to just throw around because they make power and they are light, our cars.... well lets just say they are not

Tom

n00b on demand 10-06-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
um... yeah right. Stock SVX has no balls off the line. You may have been able to beat out the Chevy pickup but you would get owned by a stock 1g DSM no less a mosified one, and the vr4 galant would do the same slaughter on the svx. Don't act like the car is fast. Turbo awd mitsus are some of the best car to just throw around because they make power and they are light, our cars.... well lets just say they are not

Tom

Yeah our cars arent fast off the line. Too heavy. On the highway is another story though :D

Chiketkd 10-06-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundering02
I beat the lock

I know what it means. However, you wrote "ITBL"

That's why I posed the question I did. :-)

-Chike

Chiketkd 10-06-2005 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX

Tom

Very true. I know several lightly modded DSM's and Galant VR4's that can cut a 1.6-1.7 60ft off the line at the dragstrip on street tires. Fastest 60ft I've ever seen on an SVX is by TomsSVX who's cut a 2.0 off the line with his 4.11 geared 5spd. Fastest for an automatic is a 2.1 which I cut with my 4.44 geared SVX.

-Chike

TomsSVX 10-07-2005 01:15 AM

granted I can hook up at the track, I am shooting to break my 2.005 60' time record thsi season :D

Tom