The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Cool blue and silverstars (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26909)

n00b on demand 06-21-2005 07:07 AM

Cool blue and silverstars

Hey I have a question.....I did the 9005 bulb conversion a while ago using sylvania silverstars. Very good bulbs but I would like to try out the cool blues. I Paid somewhere around 40 something dollars for the silverstars. I noticed when i went to walmart that the cool blues were something like 9 dollars a bulb. I didnt think that was the right price but can someone tell me if they are around that price?

Hocrest 06-21-2005 08:07 AM

That sounds about right...

Somewhere between $15 and $20 for the pair.

btw... That is what I have in mine, I do alot of night driving and am very happy with them :D

Dza 06-21-2005 08:38 AM

Ya, I paid $13 Canadian for mine, so that sounds about right.

n00b on demand 06-21-2005 08:48 AM

Wow that is a sweet deal.....im gonna go get them today. Thanks for the replies guys :)

ensteele 06-21-2005 09:31 AM

That is the same price as in my local Wal Mart. It is a good deal. ;)

n00b on demand 06-21-2005 10:19 AM

well every shop here sells them at 15 bucks a pop....so i got them and installed them and they look exactly like the silverstars :( ....gotta try them out at night but its gonna be the same result probably. I kinda liked the blue color of my old 9006 bulbs but oh well.....i got 3 sets of head light bulbs now :D

Zeppelin 06-21-2005 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
well every shop here sells them at 15 bucks a pop....so i got them and installed them and they look exactly like the silverstars :( ....gotta try them out at night but its gonna be the same result probably. I kinda liked the blue color of my old 9006 bulbs but oh well.....i got 3 sets of head light bulbs now :D

Yeah, the cool blue's I have in the Talon aren't very blue. They look alot whiter than other car's headlights though.

thundering02 06-21-2005 11:32 AM

My friend has the blues in his saturn as the high beams and you can''t tell the difference :( I will stay with my silverstars though :)

n00b on demand 06-21-2005 11:55 AM

Oh well their just bulbs :(

Mr. Pockets 06-21-2005 12:31 PM

I still say PIAA makes the best lamps I've used. They were about $70 for the pair, but they just burned out a couple weeks ago - after nearly five years. And I drive with my headlights on at all times.

I put in a pair of GE 'night hawk' or some such lamps. I'm not thrilled with them, for the price. At least they didn't have tinted glass, but I don't think there's much of a difference between these and the run-of-the-mill $5 lamps.

So I need to find a source for the PIAAs, I guess.

n00b on demand 06-21-2005 12:35 PM

5 years is very impressive but then i realized your SVX isn't your daily driver. How many miles ya think ya got out of them? Are they superwhite?

Mr. Pockets 06-21-2005 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
5 years is very impressive but then i realized your SVX isn't your daily driver. How many miles ya think ya got out of them? Are they superwhite?

I'd figure about 30k. My SVX was my daily driver for about two of those years. And, as I said, I drive with my lights on at all times, day or night.

As for 'superwhite,' I don't know what you mean. Is that a new technical term? ;) They're very bright. They're not blue, because blue doesn't mean bright. They're just plain good. Very, very good. Nothing that I've used, in any of my cars, from auto parts stores or Wal-Mart or whatever, compares. I've tried many other lamps because I wanted to see if I was a tool for paying $70 for the PIAA lamps for my SVX. I'm convinced, at this point, that I'm not a tool and that $70 is worth it.

ensteele 06-21-2005 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
I'm convinced, at this point, that I'm not a tool and that $70 is worth it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

Ok, whatever. :D :p :p

n00b on demand 06-21-2005 08:10 PM

Ya know i think the cool blues are brighter than the silverstars. Whatever it is the lighting is great if not better than the silverstars.....lotta dark unlit roads here and i never have to use my highbeams when driving with these bulbs.

Zeppelin 06-22-2005 09:33 AM

I had PIAA's in my SVX, and they were pretty good, but I don't think I'd justify spending the $70 for another pair of them. If I still had the SVX, I'd try the 9005 conversion maybe.