The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   People are funny (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29951)

red95svx 11-30-2005 07:33 AM

People are funny

A customer came into our shop today with the following complaint on his 05 Outback:

"Lately the front windshield washer squirters have not been working. Also the rear window squirter does not work."

We thought it was odd that a brand new car (well, almost brand new:)) would have complete failure of both washer systems.

The tech drove the car into the shop, opened the hood, and quickly discovered that the washer fluid tank that fed both systems was bone dry.....

Some people should not be allowed to drive:)

Dave

-JJ- 11-30-2005 07:53 AM

:D ROF :D LMAO :D

I live life to meet people like that and laugh!! it makes me feel better about myself anyways hahahaha

ensteele 11-30-2005 07:55 AM

That was my first guess when I was reading that. :)

red95svx 11-30-2005 08:00 AM

One of my all time favorites was the customer who complained about "strange noises while turning". The cause was all the spare change he had put in his glovebox!

Dave

dcarrb 11-30-2005 10:41 AM

Dave, imagine what an earfull your service writer will get if that fool ever runs out of gas.

dcb

Electrophil 11-30-2005 10:52 AM

:D :D Maintenance free? :D :D

Bobb 11-30-2005 11:05 AM

Washer fluid

Hi Dave, Was the ash tray full? Time to trade it in. Take care, BOBB

svxfiles 11-30-2005 11:17 AM

We had a guy who came in madder than a wet hornet, because his car quit running....... :mad:

He had somehow filled it with DIESEL FUEL!!! :eek:

AppStateSVX 11-30-2005 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
We had a guy who came in madder than a wet hornet, because his car quit running....... :mad:

ouch, I always wondered how long the car would last like that, but i'm not about to try it out, esp with my SVX, maybe i should buy a mustang and try it..... :D

red95svx 11-30-2005 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles

We had one of those not too long ago. Someone had put diesel gas into an old Legacy. It sounded like a tank. We had lots of laughs:)

It did run and drive, although not very well.

Dave

Earthworm 11-30-2005 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red95svx
The tech drove the car into the shop, opened the hood, and quickly discovered that the washer fluid tank that fed both systems was bone dry.....

Some people should not be allowed to drive:)

That will be $60, sir. :D

red95svx 11-30-2005 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb
Dave, imagine what an earfull your service writer will get if that fool ever runs out of gas.

dcb

I can only imagine!

A few years back I worked in the service department at a Toyota / Dodge dealership (wierd combo, huh?). Anyway this gruff looking bear of a man had his brand new Dodge truck towed in one day (not an uncommon sight). He said the truck wouldn't start. To say he was furious is an understatement. As I prepared his rental car paperwork I told him about the rental fees, just in case the problem with his truck is not covered by warranty.
"Why wouldn't it be covered, it's brand new!"
I explained: "If the vehicle has been altered in any way or if a local garage has worked on your truck and they are the cause of this problem, Dodge will not pay for your rental. So, just in case, I need to go over the rental charges with you." He reluctantly agreed, cursing us and Dodge under his breath the whole time I spoke.
Well, long story short, his problem was caused by an aftermarket remote start system he had just installed. I could barely contain my happiness when I called him to explain the cause of his problem, and to ask how he would like to pay for the rental car:)

Dave

Chiketkd 11-30-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

We had one of those not too long ago. Someone had put diesel gas into an old Legacy. It sounded like a tank. We had lots of laughs:)

It did run and drive, although not very well.

That's amazing! :eek: :eek: :eek:

-Chike

mikecg 12-01-2005 05:38 AM

Quote:

One of my all time favorites was the customer who complained about "strange noises while turning". The cause was all the spare change he had put in his glovebox!

Dave

Sadly I did almost the same thing. I keep hearing a sharp bang when I hit a hard bump. I thought I had a bad bushing on the passenger side front. Turns out the lug nut key had slipped out of the pocket in the owners manual and was bouncing around the glove box.