The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Window Sticker (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1400)

svxcess 09-04-2001 11:56 AM

Window Sticker

1 Attachment(s)
I order to ignite a little controversy to beat those post-Labor Day blues, I decided to scan my *original* vehicle window sticker... just for fun ;)

cocacola08 09-04-2001 12:07 PM

Notice it says under model :Alcyone SVX AWD

Are the cars shipped here named Alcyone?

svxter 09-04-2001 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by cocacola08
Notice it says under model :Alcyone SVX AWD

Are the cars shipped here named Alcyone?

I didn't think so, at least they were never marketed that way, to my knowledge. Surely one of the knowledgeable ones will enlighten us. OTOH, it's sure to reignite the 4WS argument.

Mr. Pockets 09-04-2001 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxter

I didn't think so, at least they were never marketed that way, to my knowledge. Surely one of the knowledgeable ones will enlighten us. OTOH, it's sure to reignite the 4WS argument.

And we'll get the same result we did last time:

Some people will argue that Subaru calls it 4WS so that's what it is. To them I ask, 'would you still call it 'blue' if Subaru called it 'red?'

Others will argue that no matter what Subaru SALES people call it, what the suspension does is not really steering. To them I say, 'I tend to agree with you and don't have a witty retort like the one I provided for the 4WS folks.' :D

Aredubjay 09-04-2001 12:33 PM

Okay folks, before things get crazy, here are some clues.

1) John said "Just for fun."

2) John is a graphic artist and has wonderful talents at manipulating images. :D

Mr. Pockets 09-04-2001 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Okay folks, before things get crazy, here are some clues.

1) John said "Just for fun."

2) John is a graphic artist and has wonderful talents at manipulating images. :D

1) 'Just for fun' doesn't mean a thing to some people. :)

2) After thorough forensic examination, I suspect you are right. :)

The word 'steering' in '4-Wheel Steering' is, pixel for pixel, the exact same size as the one right above it. That one is significantly different than the one under 'Touring Package,' probably excluding the possibility of a very, very accurate typewriter. :)

The term '4-Wheel' in '4-Wheel Steering' is very similar to the one above it, which really tells us nothing by itself but does strengthen my suspicion.

Good job, John. :) Unless I'm wrong, in which case I'll be an idiot...

EveryShadeofBlue 09-04-2001 12:59 PM

This looks to be the AWS model with heated seats as well! This must be one of a kind :)

Ron Mummert 09-04-2001 12:59 PM

HEATED SEATS!!!??? Where the hell are mine? Ron.

Aredubjay 09-04-2001 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Good job, John. :) Unless I'm wrong, in which case I'll be an idiot...
Well, Ron, I think those of us who have come to know you have found that that's the case, in any case. ;) :D

svxcess 09-04-2001 01:08 PM

but what about...

I confess, I was too lazy to create "Heated front seats-thermostatically controlled with switch" as it is indicated on the UK-spec cars :)

Anyway, my color laser printer sure does a great job of reproducing this down to the tiniest detail. I'll probably stick it on the inside of my window at some meet and get a lot of interest.

I DO have the heated seat switch assembly from the UK. It replaces the coin holder in the dash on the 92's

The ALCYONE was a Japan-only designation. I have the center tail light assembly from Japan which says that, along with my MD plates as well.

Mr. Pockets 09-04-2001 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Well, Ron, I think those of us who have come to know you have found that that's the case, in any case. ;) :D

Did you just call me Ron?

eddycat2000 09-04-2001 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxter

Nah, not with me. Look at that sticker closely. It says full tank of gas. It's a federal law that when delivered (on a truck or by rail) no vehicle can have more than a couple of gallons (can't remember the exact figure) of fuel in the tank. And while it's a darn good knock off...it's obviously a *dealer* sticker. Match that up with heated seats, Alcyone, and 4ws...nope, I'm not buying it.;)

nvrmore100 09-04-2001 02:00 PM

I picked out a few things from the picture I thought that was interesting:

1. part of the touring package includes:

2-way power sunroof

Hehe man what a pain it would be if it was a 1-way sunroof. Manually push it open, then it lets you close. Or it opens on its own and you have to get ourside your to shove it back shut. :D

2. Full tank of fuel

Oooohhh! Wouldn't you hope if you just paid $28,574.00 for a gas the least they could do is throw in $20 in gas for you. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Ryan

oneothefewproud 09-04-2001 02:00 PM

I'm not buying it.

What struck me funny was that the side stick'em strips were not taken off. A window sticker comes stuck to the window, even in transport.

Plus I have a 92 and mine did not have the gas mileage on it.

Looks odd to me. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. For now at least.

svxcess 09-04-2001 02:08 PM

Full tank of fuel

Eddycat,

The actual window sticker DID say " full tank of fuel". Maybe Subaru had an agreement with their dealers to provide this to SVX owners upon purchase and delivery. I have seen 2 other ORIGINAL stickers and they all had the Full tank of fuel entry.

My only modifications to this sticker were replacing SUBARU with ALCYONE in 2 places, adding the 4-wheel steering (4WS) entry and the heated front seat entry in the touring package section. Nothing else was done.