The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=890)

SVX Master Tech 07-16-2001 11:43 AM

Hello

Hello my name is James Black and I am glad to be a part of this network. The SVX is the greatest car ever made and I have the fortune of owning three of them as you can see in my profile. I am going to check out some of the forums now

Aredubjay 07-16-2001 12:07 PM

Re: Hello

Quote:

Originally posted by SVX Master Tech
Hello my name is James Black and I am glad to be a part of this network. The SVX is the greatest car ever made and I have the fortune of owning three of them as you can see in my profile. I am going to check out some of the forums now
Welcome, James. It's good to have another Tech/Enthusiast in our midst. Don't be TOO frightened by what you see here. We are a "family" with our squabbles and our opinions -- some stronger than others. :D Again, glad to have you with us.

halistan 07-16-2001 12:16 PM

Nice to meetcha!

He, you're in OKC, i was just there yesterday to see a friend. There are a couple of SVXer's in norman. I go down there fairly often on my way to Dallas and San Antonio. Maybe we can meet up sometime, i would love to see your SVX's.

~Ray

SVX Master Tech 07-16-2001 01:16 PM

Thanks RW

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Welcome, James. It's good to have another Tech/Enthusiast in our midst. Don't be TOO frightened by what you see here. We are a "family" with our squabbles and our opinions -- some stronger than others. :D Again, glad to have you with us.

Don't be too frightened? Is there something I should know before I get in too deep? :eek:

I haven't got a chance to read any posts yet, but from the dates and times it looks like a pretty active board. I'll be happy to share my insights/expertise and hopefully meet some great people!

I also have a 92 LS-L pearl white, w/ over 205k on the original engine and second tranny. The 92 LS-L was the only model with passive AWS. There were some active AWS models in Japan, I hear a technical nightmare to repair however. The U.S. passive system on the 92's is fairly bulletproof and really does add to the handling abilities vs the other models/years.

SVX Master Tech 07-16-2001 01:23 PM

Re: Nice to meetcha!

Quote:

Originally posted by halistan
He, you're in OKC, i was just there yesterday to see a friend. There are a couple of SVXer's in norman. I go down there fairly often on my way to Dallas and San Antonio. Maybe we can meet up sometime, i would love to see your SVX's.

~Ray

Yes that would be great! Good to see there are some others around these parts!

svxxx26 07-16-2001 01:42 PM

Re: Thanks RW

Quote:

Don't be too frightened? Is there something I should know before I get in too deep? :eek:

I also have a 92 LS-L pearl white, w/ over 205k on the original engine and second tranny. The 92 LS-L was the only model with passive AWS. There were some active AWS models in Japan, I hear a technical nightmare to repair however. The U.S. passive system on the 92's is fairly bulletproof and really does add to the handling abilities vs the other models/years.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is going to be FUN!!!

(svxxx26 sits back to await another episode of "AWS: Fact or Fiction") :rolleyes:

Seraph 07-16-2001 01:46 PM

Quote:

I haven't got a chance to read any posts yet, but from the dates and times it looks like a pretty active board. I'll be happy to share my insights/expertise and hopefully meet some great people!

Did someone said passive AWS? Oh OH!! :eek: James, you did say master Tech too right?
Lwin:)

SVX Master Tech 07-16-2001 02:00 PM

Oh oh have I opened up a can of worms on my first day?:eek: :)

svxxx26 07-16-2001 02:04 PM

Quote:

Hehehe . . . don't worry, this place is CRAWLING with worms . . . and TATERS . . . (I better quit, don't want to scare anybody off
;) )

Seraph 07-16-2001 02:09 PM

Quote:

No, not really james. The SVX with "passive AWS" is a much discussed issue on this forum. The more we discuss this the more we get involved with the car -- I believe. Just look around and jump in on the messages. That's the way you get to read more and more and know all these people.

BTW, did you signup for the 10th annual meet? We have over 120 people signed up so far. Contact LarryIII or go to the meets forum for that.

I did not get a chance to welcome you a while back. Welcome to the network.
Lwin

Ron Mummert 07-16-2001 02:22 PM

James. meet Eddy. Eddy meet James. I'm gettin' the hell outa here. Tsu.

Seraph 07-16-2001 02:27 PM

Now that introduction is over, I am going to piss bolt and fly off -- See you can do that when you are an angel.

(\O/)
_/_\_

I will now watch over from above. :D

Lwin

eddycat2000 07-16-2001 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
James. meet Eddy. Eddy meet James. I'm gettin' the hell outa here. Tsu.
Yup, oughta be fun!:D

eddycat2000 07-16-2001 03:00 PM

Quote:

James, Hello, I be Eddycat. I'm curious, if you hadn't had a chance to read any of the posts yet, how were you aware of the AWS debate? I'd also be curious to know what bushings were changed in the 93-97 SVX that would make the car non-passive AWS? (Everyone here knows my stand on "passive" AWS, so bear with me). Is that right? Bear with me?

Finally James, can you tell me how you earned an SVX master tech designation? I'm kind of curious as I do know a wee bit about Subaru tech training and certifications.

At any rate James, it's always nice to have a new member on board. Welcome!:D

Aredubjay 07-16-2001 03:40 PM

Re: Re: Thanks RW

Quote:

Originally posted by eddycat2000
Is that right? Bear with me?
Yes, eddy, that's right. If you really want to get rid of me, ask me to "bare with you" -- then, I'm outta here! :D