The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX CD ROM from www.subaruSVX.com (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51754)

SURTEESS 09-22-2009 03:49 AM

SVX CD ROM from www.subaruSVX.com

many years ago I bought a CD (V1.5) that had a 50.000 message database, 1000 + jpgs together with wallpapers, TSBs & desk top pictures all on the single CD.

My young nephew is doing a school project on unusual cars & wanted to do the SVX so I hauled out the CD & told him that I am sure we can find a few pictures to fill in the gaps on his project.

Well Murphy struck - the CD is now not readable ........ does anyone a copy they are willing to copy for me - would use PAYPAL, to repay them.

Does anyone know if there was a later copy available ?.

thanks

Stephen in New Zealand

SoCal LS-L 09-22-2009 08:16 AM

Re: SVX CD ROM from www.subaruSVX.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by SURTEESS (Post 618665)
many years ago I bought a CD (V1.5) that had a 50.000 message database, 1000 + jpgs together with wallpapers, TSBs & desk top pictures all on the single CD.

My young nephew is doing a school project on unusual cars & wanted to do the SVX so I hauled out the CD & told him that I am sure we can find a few pictures to fill in the gaps on his project.

Well Murphy struck - the CD is now not readable ........ does anyone a copy they are willing to copy for me - would use PAYPAL, to repay them.

thanks

Stephen in New Zealand

Unreadable because why? If the bottom side is scuffed or scratched you can polish it or take it to a movie retailer who can do it. Otherwise, if the data area on the top of the disc is scratched, its done.

Green1995SVX 09-22-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SURTEESS (Post 618665)

thanks

Stephen in New Zealand

Wow! I barely remember that CD. That was MANY years ago! I think you will have a hard time locating another copy of it.

SURTEESS 09-22-2009 12:11 PM

The CD bottom surface is in mint condition & I cannot see any dents or scratches in the label - maybe after all the years of storage it was one of those CDs that had micro-cracks due to heat ? - I tried it on about 15 CD / DVD drives on various PCs.

Any copy would be better than none - my car features on 2 locations on the front cover & about 8 times on the actual CD.

ensteele 09-23-2009 12:02 AM

I may have it, and will check for you. :)

BoxerFanatic 09-23-2009 09:34 AM

If a good copy is found and can be copied as a master, is this something that might be able to be made available for distribution again, even at an appropriate cost...

Just curious, since this made the rounds initially far before I was around here...

SURTEESS 09-23-2009 12:23 PM

Ensteele,

thanks for looking man - I loved looking through the CD, way before the web site was layed-out correctly.
All those photos in color order + lots of other goodies.

alanscouse 09-23-2009 08:51 PM

I have a copy of the CD , version 1.0 with a 42000 message database and 800+ jpg's . Haven't looked at it in years , I'll see if I can make a copy .

Alan

michael 09-23-2009 10:11 PM

Subscribe, for cool downloads!

SilverSpear 09-24-2009 12:44 AM

Just give us the link and we are set to gooooo :D

SURTEESS 09-24-2009 12:27 PM

Link - what link......??