The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Our Fight for our Independance (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24769)

SilverSpear 03-01-2005 01:42 AM

Our Fight for our Independance

hey guys, yesterday was a really Historic day in Lebanon... all people were fighting for our independance...
We had a preliminary victory integrated by the fall of our Government... here are the pics in my Locker !
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/use...verSpear|25251

Matthewmongan 03-01-2005 03:17 AM

exiciting time to be alive is it not?

SilverSpear 03-01-2005 03:39 AM

Express yourself !!! swear on the Government, officials, Occupation, Army, intelligence...... everybody !!! it was really crazy !!

Mr. Pockets 03-01-2005 09:44 AM

I don't know much about the situation in your country, or the history leading up to current events, but I'm glad you're happy with how things are going. I know it's asking a lot, but could you maybe put things in context for me? Why are people happy that the government 'resigned' (CNN's words)? What would you like to see happen next?

Noir 03-01-2005 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
I don't know much about the situation in your country, or the history leading up to current events, but I'm glad you're happy with how things are going. I know it's asking a lot, but could you maybe put things in context for me? Why are people happy that the government 'resigned' (CNN's words)? What would you like to see happen next?
Anarchy RULES!!! You should try it sometime Nick!!!!! :p

LarryIII 03-01-2005 10:25 AM

Danny,

Good Luck. I hope you and all your countrymen make it to peace and freedom.

Weebitob 03-01-2005 11:15 AM

Quote:

So Lebanese people can finally have a real republic and president or some other government aside from some quasi democratic looking monarchy that has no ties to three certain countries. Then again I do not completely know the Lebanese situation either.

Can you tell us on the significance of what was your current government resigning?

PhatWeasel 03-01-2005 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir

Anarchy RULES!!! You should try it sometime Nick!!!!! :p

What is happening in Lebanon is not anarchy, it is revolution. And a beautiful one at that.

Anarchy is ugly and cold and self centered, there is no room for anyone but yourself. Anarchy doesn't seek the good of the people, it seeks the good of the individual at the expense of the people.

What we are seeing is a revolution, the people standing as one and demanding their country back from the oppressors who have taken if from them. I never though that this world would again see the day that a people in such numbers would rise against their government. I wish it would have happened in Afghanistan, I wish it would have happened in Iraq, but it didn't. It happened in Lebanon and I know that the outcome will be wonderful.

Landshark 03-01-2005 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PhatWeasel

Anarchy is ugly and cold and self centered, there is no room for anyone but yourself. Anarchy doesn't seek the good of the people, it seeks the good of the individual at the expense of the people.

screw the people - who's more important than myself? i say Anarchy is teh c00l! :p

Noir 03-01-2005 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

screw the people - who's more important than myself? i say Anarchy is teh c00l! :p

Right on brotha. Fight the power!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I got this new skateboard that I want to try out. It's got the Syrian flag on it.

SilverSpear 03-02-2005 01:40 AM

Quote:

The whole thing started with the Explosion which happened 2 weeks ago... look at this thread
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=24479

The seventh wealthiest guy in the World was murdered... so the opposition coalition did what you saw in the pics... which lead to the fall of the Government. Still they are asking for the fall of the President and our independance from the Syrian occupation...

SilverSpear 03-02-2005 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Weebitob

So Lebanese people can finally have a real republic and president or some other government aside from some quasi democratic looking monarchy that has no ties to three certain countries. Then again I do not completely know the Lebanese situation either.

Can you tell us on the significance of what was your current government resigning?

According to our constitution, we are a Democratic country in nature, people elect 128 deputies and the latters elect 30 ministers and those elect the president. Since the early 1990's, the occupation was the one electing all the deputies, ministers and president.... we are sick and tired of it and we cannot get out of this circle until now... of 128 deputies, 45 members opposed publicly and for the first time the occupation and they managed to cause a riot over here (with the help of USA = Gondolisa Rice and France = Jacques Chirac) putting pressure on the Government to resign....
I hope we will get our freedom before the coming deputies elections.... or we will get back in the same circle again !
:( :( :(

SilverSpear 03-02-2005 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Weebitob

Imagine Syria as a normal person having two hands, two legs, a heart and a head... Our government is like the hands, the President is the legs, the army/secret service/police/commandos.... chiefs are the head, and Syria is the heart...
They must be "deleted" before the coming elections in May/June...

WISH US LUCK, PLS, WE REALLY NEED OUR FREEDOM AND YOUR SUPPORT !!!

SilverSpear 03-02-2005 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PhatWeasel

What is happening in Lebanon is not anarchy, it is revolution. And a beautiful one at that.

What we are seeing is a revolution, the people standing as one and demanding their country back from the oppressors who have taken if from them. I never though that this world would again see the day that a people in such numbers would rise against their government. I wish it would have happened in Afghanistan, I wish it would have happened in Iraq, but it didn't. It happened in Lebanon and I know that the outcome will be wonderful.

Thanks man! i couldn't have said it better myself !!!
Gondolisa Rice said a similar thing happened in the Philippines in 1986.... but guys, you should have seen the tapes, not photos !!!
for the first time, the Army (commandos) and police disobeyed orders to supress the revolution but they turned around to facilitate things for the revolters...

SilverSpear 03-02-2005 02:28 AM

Me in the Revolution !!!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...pear/25298.JPG

here is my PIC in the big revolution with some of my friends....
i am the one with the glasses....