The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Monroe/Redmond sitings... back in action! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8867)

WestCoastSVX 02-19-2003 10:14 AM

Monroe/Redmond sitings... back in action!

First off, I have been on a bit of a sabbatical, some time away from the site and the whole online SVX scene. Just taking a break, recharging my batteries, and working on a few things behind the scenes (and my SVX too!). I apologize for not keeping in touch though, I do appreciate those of you that were concerned. This truely is a great place.

I talked to Earl yesterday to let you know I was okay, and then kinda took a couple sitings as a sign that I should come back. As I left work in Redmond yesterday I pulled up a couple cars behind a blue SVX, female driver. Driving my usual back road route to Monroe, I found myself following the blue for every twist and turn my exact route home. Until Main Street in Monroe where we parted ways. This morning on the way back to work, same route in reverse, I pulled in behind a silver SVX, male driver at nearly the same point I left the blue on yesterday. Followed him on the same route all the way to Redmond until just a couple blocks from my work! Pretty crazy. I figured that was a pretty good sign that I need to get back in action. :)

ensteele 02-19-2003 05:03 PM

Troy

Good to have you back. I really missed ya! I have my pearl back in action, and can do yours in the near future when you want. :D Got it all figured out. :D

ensteele 02-19-2003 05:15 PM

There was someone who signed up here after you had left a card on his car. I will go back and find out who for you. He asked about you and who Mac Gyver was. :) Of course now one would own up to knowing you. :rolleyes: ;) :)

Alycone 02-19-2003 11:03 PM

Does anyone have one of these cards or a template for one scanned in? After a parking lot sighting I ran home, threw together a quick design, and drove back in time to put in on their windshield.

LarryIII 02-20-2003 05:38 AM

I believe SVXCESS (John Hoffman) is the originator and has the template. Right now, he is shoveling out from under tons of snow in rural MD.

WestCoastSVX 02-20-2003 09:20 AM

Wow I'm impressed! I've never heard of anyone actually coming here via the cards, at least from the northwest area. And I know some of us have placed a lot of cards. My theory was that either they weren't interested, or if they were, they got scared off by being sent straight into posting forum format. That's why I thought it might be cool to have our own site to explain a few things first. :) (of course now I just need a better URL to print on cards)

Hey speaking of the NW site, since I've been back online, there have been 3 new folks sending me questions based on their visit to the site! None of them referred to the forums so not sure if they found out about it here or if somehow my site is popping up high on the search engines somehow? :)

seasvx 02-22-2003 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone
Does anyone have one of these cards or a template for one scanned in?
...i've dropped a few business card sized versions of the design in this Word document on some of them cars with the funny windows...

Alycone 02-23-2003 12:28 AM

I just made up a quick card to post on that one girl's SVX, where I put the network info on one side and the local club info and an invite on the other, but it'd be nice to have a real/official card.

Now all my friends are reporting their SVX sightings to me, but I doubt I can talk them into card-placing.

Odd that the only sightings I've had have all been women with red hair. Go figure.

svxtremist2001 02-23-2003 08:53 AM

I think I'm the guy ensteel is talkin bout that is me!! You put the card on my SVX thanks!!! This looks to be a grate place I dont always have time to post but I read a lot. I am in Arlington and 33 with a 93 anniversary edition SVX i love it! HOpe to meet you at a meet soon

ensteele 02-23-2003 07:59 PM

Yes, your are the one I had told Troy about. You had mentioned his name, but he was not around then. :D

WestCoastSVX 02-24-2003 09:22 AM

Hi welcome to the Network! I remember putting a card on a 93 up in Arlington when I was visiting my parents a couple months ago, I reckon that was you! That was about the cleanest, closest to mint condition SVX I have ever seen in person! Hope to meet you some time. :)