The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   web sighting (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10348)

Alycone 04-27-2003 10:02 PM

web sighting

Found a SVX in a Seattle picture on the web:
http://www.pbase.com/image/1460654

And I saw a green SVX at Mike's (I think it was whatshisname's), a burgundy with several stuffed animals looking out the rear window in Shoreline, a black one with a backseat full of kids at a safeway in Greenwood, a red one with the license "art rep" near UW.... I always see several when mine's in the shop. Got towed for the first time last week :( .

CDG 04-28-2003 12:05 AM

Hello Alice, I hope you get yours back soon, is it in the shop because it was towed improperly?
I hope not.
I see that SVX in the pic must be suffering from bad brake syndrome, slipped right thru the stop sign:p
Or is that how people drive in Seattle:eek: :D

ensteele 04-28-2003 12:11 AM

The red one (Art Rep) is a 93 that Skinwrangler owns. He lives near there. I don't know about the others. :)

WestCoastSVX 04-28-2003 04:03 PM

Good to hear that Jerry is still out there with an SVX (doubtful a new owner would have the same special plate). Haven't heard from him in over a year.

WestCoastSVX 04-28-2003 04:06 PM

If you saw a 92 teal one at Mike's it most likely was Matt's. He is pretty good about getting all his maintenance done at the book intervals and usually has Mike do it now. Did it have the Stebro exhaust and tinted windows? Oh and the 5 spoke 17" wheels I guess would be the biggest giveaway.

Alycone 04-29-2003 03:03 AM

Well, I recognized the teal one easy enough (different rims, phone thing), it was the car's owner I couldn't remember. :rolleyes:

Quote:

I hope you get yours back soon, is it in the shop because it was towed improperly?
:eek: Good grief, no. I wouldn't let anyone tow my car without 4 wheels up, I did read the manual, after all.

I drove up to Canada and back without realizing my crankcase pulley had separated into two pieces. All I noticed was the a/c squealing on startup, so I avoided using the a/c. After getting it replaced my mechanic said "You're sure lucky that your radiator's fine." 24hrs later the radiator cracked and vomited antifreeze everywhere, although my car was considerate enough to wait until I was at my destination downtown before hemorrhaging. Rather sad to see her pulled up onto the flatbed towtruck.

One new pulley, radiator, and waterpump later, I have my car back. I haven't seen her much this month. :(

Uncamitzi 04-29-2003 10:40 PM

MMMMMMMMM

Taco Del Mar.............

Best Seafood taco I've ever had!!! wish we had one here in salt lake...

another reason I wish I 'd stayed in Seattle!!!

ensteele 04-30-2003 12:26 AM

I did learn one thing when I was back in Colorado when we went out to eat lunch Mitch - there is not much meat in a vegi Taco :D I guess Davi learned that too! :D :D LOL

seasvx 04-30-2003 02:59 AM

...one wonders how Lenin would have felt to have ended up in a digital image, presiding over a capitalist sign announcing mexican seafood to American consumers, on an internet website devoted to the obsession of an automobile as decadent as the SVX? makes you think...

WestCoastSVX 04-30-2003 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by seasvx
...one wonders how Lenin would have felt to have ended up in a digital image, presiding over a capitalist sign announcing mexican seafood to American consumers, on an internet website devoted to the obsession of an automobile as decadent as the SVX? makes you think...
The mind boggles.....

WestCoastSVX 04-30-2003 08:58 AM

I'm not in Fremont nearly as often as a couple of you, but isn't that a rare picture where Lenin isn't 'decorated' with something or another?

seasvx 04-30-2003 11:30 AM

...naw, the one that get decorated is "Waiting for the Interurban". And then there's the Troll under the Aurora bridge, holding the VW beetle! All part of the Fremont Experience, "The Center of the Known Universe".

WestCoastSVX 04-30-2003 11:43 AM

Right the people waiting for the bus always get costumes and stuff, but I thought Lenin did too? They made a big deal about it on the news a couple weeks ago anyway, I forgot what it specifically was they were showing, but they said he gets decorated a lot. For holidays, goofy pranks, etc. Maybe I misunderstood.

The troll is cool though, it is usually one of our stops whenever we have people from out of town here.

One of my best Fremont experiences was walking into the Georgian Dragon one Saturday night and asking the waitress at the bar for a Bud Light.:D (for those not in the know, this is a famous hole in the wall that only serves foreign brew and proud of it). I then went to the opposite end of the spectrum and ordered a Guiness. ;)

ensteele 04-30-2003 12:34 PM

Troy - make mine a Guiness please!!! :D

WestCoastSVX 04-30-2003 12:46 PM

I still have two bottles left in the fridge from St. Paddy's Day. The ones with the weird "rocket widget" thing in them. :confused: