The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Can't drive, so marry a driver! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29964)

Bipa 11-30-2005 04:02 PM

Can't drive, so marry a driver!

How romantic! :rolleyes:

November 29, 2005

4 Brides For One Driver
By SUN WIRE SERVICES

RIYADH -- Four teachers in a remote Saudi village have married their school driver so they can live closer to work.

Al-Watan newspaper said the women were impressed with the man's "good morals" and decided to marry him and live together in the village where they teach -- thus avoiding a tiring daily commute. They have agreed to pay the driver a share of their salaries.

Women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia. Men can marry up to four women, according to Islamic law.

Could someone explain to me how it can be against the law for a woman to drive in Saudi Arabia, yet in most other Arab countries it is allowed? I mean, I doubt Mohammed ever wrote "Thou shalt not operate a motorized vehicle if you have been born with certain body parts, and lack a few others". And it can't be a general prohibition against using modern technology, since women are allowed to use washing machines, microwaves, and other household appliances.

Are women even allowed to ride bicycles in Saudi Arabia? Horses? Donkeys? Camels? I've honestly never really thought about this. Just knew that I never wanted to go there, not even for a visit.

NapaBavarian 11-30-2005 06:36 PM

Time to move over there and buy a bus.

subi-crosser 11-30-2005 11:24 PM

Don't try this at home!!

The news guy said " there was sex in the room, he was a recipient of sex, but he did not participate", And my wife says "Do NOT try this at home, It should ONLY be done by trained professionals" ( on bill clinton's response to questions about monica) By the way, HE has a driver!!
I guess so he can keep both hands on his work!
I'll stick with one, thanks

Noir 11-30-2005 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipa
How romantic! :rolleyes:

November 29, 2005

4 Brides For One Driver
By SUN WIRE SERVICES

RIYADH -- Four teachers in a remote Saudi village have married their school driver so they can live closer to work.

Al-Watan newspaper said the women were impressed with the man's "good morals" and decided to marry him and live together in the village where they teach -- thus avoiding a tiring daily commute. They have agreed to pay the driver a share of their salaries.

Women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia. Men can marry up to four women, according to Islamic law.

Could someone explain to me how it can be against the law for a woman to drive in Saudi Arabia, yet in most other Arab countries it is allowed? I mean, I doubt Mohammed ever wrote "Thou shalt not operate a motorized vehicle if you have been born with certain body parts, and lack a few others". And it can't be a general prohibition against using modern technology, since women are allowed to use washing machines, microwaves, and other household appliances.

Are women even allowed to ride bicycles in Saudi Arabia? Horses? Donkeys? Camels? I've honestly never really thought about this. Just knew that I never wanted to go there, not even for a visit.

wench, you want to drive? you better be happy they let you eat at McDonald's. :D

i wanna go visit a 'real' man's world. :D

in the fair region of Riyadh:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some Mutawwa try to enforce the rule that men and women who are beyond childhood years may not mingle in public, unless they are family or close relatives. Mutawwa may ask to see proof that a couple is married or related. Women who are arrested for socializing with a man who is not a relative may be charged with prostitution. Some restaurants, particularly fast-food outlets, have refused to serve women who are not accompanied by a close male relative. In addition, many restaurants no longer have a "family section" in which women are permitted to eat. These restrictions are not always posted, and in some cases women violating this policy have been arrested. This is more common in Riyadh and the more conservative central Nejd region.

--http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1012.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------

now git back in the kitchen and take dem shoes off. ;)

Noir 11-30-2005 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
Time to move over there and buy a bus.

napa, i don't think you can handle a conservative muslim lassie. i often wonder how good sex is with one of their virgins. remember having sex with their women is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're going to get.

i dunno about you, but i like shopping around for women versus blindly grabbing one out of the dark. i'm sure if you didn't care what she looked like there are some toofless rednecks somewhere in your part of the woods that could accomodate your needs. :LOL:

Noir 12-01-2005 12:24 AM

just for napa:

alright napa, i changed my mind. you want to drive the bus or should i?

hawt saudi women :D

http://cuddlynecrobabes.com/mh/saudi_3.jpg
http://cuddlynecrobabes.com/mh/middle2.jpg
http://cuddlynecrobabes.com/mh/middle3.gif

Noir 12-01-2005 12:41 AM

actually this could be kinda fun. it's almost like treasure seeking or teh 'mystery box' :p

http://img.stern.de/_content/54/19/5...IVING__500.jpg

SilverSpear 12-01-2005 12:48 AM

Bipa, women in Saudi Arabia are "used" just to cook, clean and take care of children. Men in the whole World refer to their wives as "this is my wife" as for the Saudi Arabian say:" this is the mother of my children". By those statements you can see that they don't really respect their wives and they never will. They treat them as they are household appliances... They only care about their heirs being born... In the summertime they come over here to spend vacations. They come in their Suburbans, where the man sits in the front, his older son next to him, his other sons in the back seat along with some of his women and the others in the back (you can find some wives there too :D ). Sorry i never paid close attention for who's who because they were all wearing black... :D I never saw skin :D

So the woman in KSA has no privileges at all. If they see a woman driving, it means that she is a prostitute going to her boyfriend or her husband isn't man enough to oblige her stay home. All the foreigners visiting KSA find trouble with local authorities from this issue...

NapaBavarian 12-01-2005 12:52 AM

Noir- don't forget to shop on a windy day :D But not in a sandstorm :(

Noir 12-01-2005 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Bipa, women in Saudi Arabia are "used" just to cook, clean and take care of children. Men in the whole World refer to their wives as "this is my wife" as for the Saudi Arabian say:" this is the mother of my children". By those statements you can see that they don't really respect their wives and they never will. They treat them as they are household appliances... They only care about their heirs being born... In the summertime they come over here to spend vacations. They come in their Suburbans, where the man sits in the front, his older son next to him, his other sons in the back seat along with some of his women and the others in the back (you can find some wives there too :D ). Sorry i never paid close attention for who's who because they were all wearing black... :D I never saw skin :D

So the woman in KSA has no privileges at all. If they see a woman driving, it means that she is a prostitute going to her boyfriend or her husband isn't man enough to oblige her stay home. All the foreigners visiting KSA find trouble with local authorities from this issue...

so silverspear, i give you Andy of the Isle's job. find Napa a hawt Saudi Arabian babe :)

post pics in the NWS thread :D muohhahahahahaha

umm...do those prostitutes come in a 4 pack?

SilverSpear 12-01-2005 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir
find Napa a hawt Saudi Arabian babe :)

..do those prostitutes come in a 4 pack?

that can be arranged :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Noir 12-01-2005 01:09 AM

Quote:

that can be arranged :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

sweet, hook me up too ;)

let's see...requirements:
cooks, cleans, does laundry, hawt n shagadelic

compensation:
US drivers license, green card ;)

SilverSpear 12-01-2005 01:11 AM

But beware, women in KSA are family size :D What size you like? :rolleyes:

NapaBavarian 12-01-2005 01:13 AM

Um, you going for the prostitutes? Sorry, not my thing, I'll take a nice lady or 4 :p

NapaBavarian 12-01-2005 01:13 AM

Quote:

But beware, women in KSA are family size :D What size you like? :rolleyes:

:eek: :( :rolleyes: