The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Model Differences-AUS to US to JAP.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30347)

Sixpack Subaru 12-18-2005 02:15 AM

Model Differences-AUS to US to JAP....

Just after the MAIN GLARING differences, not that the 93 had 5 thou more lift on the cams and the 92 had a 4.454 diff as opposed to the 94 which hasd a 4.445 diff etc...
Just the main differences that people KNOW exist....
Cheers

Sixpack

NikFu S. 12-18-2005 03:32 AM

US didn't get power folding mirrors, sidemarkers, S4 wheels, heated seats, clear corners, VTD, that slick bumper, that skinny spoiler, yellow paint, or that pretty light silver.
Oh and they are left hand drive. (:

Only other difference I can think of at the moment is the Euro's different reverse lights and rear fog lights.

Sixpack Subaru 12-18-2005 03:49 AM

All good, keep it coming!!:D
For the record;Aus didn't get folding mirrors, (that's normally japan only!).
Heated seats were euro/UK spec. not in Aus either!
Cheers pal
Sixpack

intelisevil 12-18-2005 04:48 AM

Didn't the UK spec models get glass headlight lenses/housings?

Dan

ensteele 12-18-2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixpack Subaru
All good, keep it coming!!:D
For the record;Aus didn't get folding mirrors, (that's normally japan only!).
Heated seats were euro/UK spec. not in Aus either!
Cheers pal
Sixpack

Canada got the heated seats as well. :)

svxcess 12-18-2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intelisevil
Didn't the UK spec models get glass headlight lenses/housings?

Dan

I'm certain the UK cars got the polycarbonate headlights. Only the German models got the glass lenses (TUV requirement)

Sixpack Subaru 12-18-2005 01:51 PM

Not 100% but I think the Aus spec got glass h/lights too!?

oab_au 12-18-2005 03:07 PM

Quote:

Just after the MAIN GLARING differences, not that the 93 had 5 thou more lift on the cams and the 92 had a 4.454 diff as opposed to the 94 which hasd a 4.445 diff etc...
Just the main differences that people KNOW exist....
Cheers

Sixpack

Ah, where did this come from. :confused:

Harvey. ;)

JDW-SVX 12-18-2005 03:28 PM

Quote:

Not 100% but I think the Aus spec got glass h/lights too!?

Yes - Australian models have glass headlights, clear front indicator lenses, and coloured side repeater lights.

Jason.

-JJ- 12-19-2005 01:19 AM

also the rear fog and reversle lights of the Aus model are in oposite positions to the US model

also who cares where it came from its cool :D :cool:

SoobCrazy 10-27-2012 09:30 PM

Re: Model Differences-AUS to US to JAP....

I guess I'll drag this thread up... German models were equipped with headlamp washers.

scoobymal 10-28-2012 06:00 AM

UK cars have a factory fitted engine oil cooler, JDM and US cars didn't, not sure about Euro or Aussie cars. :)

SURTEESS 10-28-2012 01:03 PM

NZ got same as AUST -
non-motorised side mirrors (but they can be manually pushed/pulled out of the way).
Glass headlights - with blanking plates instead of fog/driving lamps in the inner section.

Rear center light area's can be swapped (I did NZ to USA) simple PnP.
Now I got extra stop lights (where my reverse used to be) & the reverse ones are now in-board (where the relectors were on the original).

Also swapped my rear side reflectors for USA side marker lamps (these have a small 5W bulb - which I swapped out with LED lamp, to stop cracking of internal red plastic due to normal lamp heat!!).

Fitted JDM rear (speaker area) blower fan/de-ioniser with switch near gear shifter & timer module fitted inside passenger rear window cavity - look for posts when removing the rear liner, that is where the module screws sit.

+ a few other mods that I cannot remember

Have got a USA (yellow plastic) set of head lights to "open up" & get the inner driving lamp section out - and then fit to my glass headlights - only issue is that USA lamps are 9001 or 9004 types where as here in NZ/AUS we tend to use H1-H4 (these have different connectors to the wiring harness).

that's all from me in Auckland, New Zealand....

Rod. 10-28-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 362394)
Canada got the heated seats as well. :)

Canada didn't get the security system. We could have a module added to give remote electric door locks. And we have electrically heated outside mirrors.

Our fog lights also serve as the daytime running lights when the headlights are off.

icingdeath88 10-28-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod. (Post 714704)
Canada didn't get the security system. We could have a module added to give remote electric door locks. And we have electrically heated outside mirrors.

Our fog lights also serve as the daytime running lights when the headlights are off.

The US got heated mirrors too. Not sure if just LSi/LS-L or all of them though.