The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another SVX STOLEN!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14961)

[BrUn] 12-10-2003 06:00 AM

Another SVX STOLEN!!!

When I woke up this morning, my '92 Teal LS-L was disappeared. They stole it in my driveway! There was my dad car behind mine, they park it in the street and they take only mine :eek:!!! It only had 100k and was in mint condition interior/exterior. The heads had just been rebuild and the car was now running like new! The car's in Quebec, not so far away from Ontario.... :(

We have a old saying in Quebec that says: A bad news never comes alone... There was a 10 000$ server in my trunk that belong to a customer! My boss's gonna be really happy! :mad:

There's a few pics of my car:

Pics 1
Pics 2

Today i'm gonna call the junkyards and the subaru dealers in my area to ask them if they could keep a eye on any Teal SVX that they could see. I'm gonne keep a eye on ebay to. :(

The end of my VIN is: 109613

Anyone in Quebec-Ontario: Watch your SVX!!!!!!

Noir 12-10-2003 06:09 AM

that's very interesting. within the past few weeks multiple svx's have been stolen. i wonder who wants these svx's. they aren't worth that much on the market. wonder if they are shipping them into the US. what happens to stolen vehicles that end up in the US? does a stolen car report for Canada passes into the US system? wonder if all those svx's for sale in ebay are from canada. i know that miami is one of the largest ports for stolen cars to enter and exit the US.

i can see why people want honda's and toyota's but 14k sold production car from 92-97 doesn't make much sense. there wasn't a market for them then, doubt there's a market for them now except for the nuts here.

StooKer 12-10-2003 06:19 AM

I'm sorry for you. I will look for it!

Let know the Montreal Subaru club about it!

http://montreal-subaru-club.com/index.php

Also, maybe it's the server that the thief wanted?

Francis

CigarJohnny 12-10-2003 06:49 AM

So sorry.

I really feel for you and wish you the best of luck with this. It really does seem like there is something up with these thefts. I hope the authorities find them sooner than later. :(

[BrUn] 12-10-2003 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by StooKer
I'm sorry for you. I will look for it!

Let know the Montreal Subaru club about it!

http://montreal-subaru-club.com/index.php

Also, maybe it's the server that the thief wanted?

Francis

I thinked about that and nobody except my boss and me were knowing that the server was in my car. It's really the SVX that they wanted and they got a big gift in the trunk :mad:

Aredubjay 12-10-2003 07:41 AM

Can the Canada DMV put out a notice to SVX owners to be on the lookout? Sheesh, that's just too weird! That's . . . what . . . four attempts with two successes in just a few days? Call the newspaper and see if they'll run a story about theives targeting this "quirky" car . . . or, the TV and Radio staions. The media is a great ally in situations like this. Theives would think twice if they heard a warnig on the TV or Radio, or saw it in the Newspaper.

SubaSteevo 12-10-2003 08:12 AM

There's been 3 successes. :( :mad:

[BrUn] 12-10-2003 08:19 AM

I'll try to contact some media to get some help. Maybe they will help....

The server was a sql financial server of a customer. The customer is furious too but we didn't lost his data, I've made yesterday evening a backup of his sql database.

One of my neighbor saw my car last night leaving my driveway around 02:00am. He told me that he was thinking that it was me behind the wheel and he said that there was someone on the passanger side. :( I can't believe they had the guts to remove my dad car from the driverway, park it in the street and after stole mine! They could have stolen a 2003 Acura TL Type S and they didn't even take it!

Seraph 12-10-2003 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by [BrUn]
They could have stolen a 2003 Acura TL Type S and they didn't even take it!
That is Really REALLY odd. Why that a cheaper car with a ton of problems?

Another reason might be FHI taking their cars back. :D

We need to get to the bottom of all of this you guys.

[BrUn] 12-10-2003 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph

That is Really REALLY odd. Why that a cheaper car with a ton of problems?

Someone somewhere wants SVXs without paying for it I guess.... but I agree with you, it's really odd.

My car doesn't have a ton of problems! :eek: ;)

Seraph 12-10-2003 09:07 AM

Quote:

Someone somewhere wants SVXs without paying for it I guess.... but I agree with you, it's really odd.

If I am a joyrider, I'd take both of them since there are 2 guys. Also, they have to move the first one so... hey... fingerprints.

SVXes are not that expensive. They are just unique. I can get them for around 2-5k. Let me see if mine is still there.

[BrUn] 12-10-2003 09:24 AM

I agree with you once again. You can get a good SVX for 7000-8000$ CAN. But someone doesn't want to pay for it, as low as they can get one, they prefer to stole it, much cheeper.

[BrUn] 12-10-2003 11:29 AM

GREAT NEWS!

The server that was in my trunk have Pctracker installed. If they connect the computer to the internet we'll probably be able to know where the server is. If we got the server maybe the car isn't far.....

Hope they will connect the server without formatting it before :(

Bruno
Praying hard they'll connect the server to the internet.............

Seraph 12-10-2003 11:34 AM

Quote:

Bruno

That's good to hear. If they are day to day thives, they'll just hook up the machine and see what they can do.

If it was me, I'd open it up and then format it. :D

StooKer 12-10-2003 11:43 AM

I only hope that the thief do not read this forum...

Francis

Quote:

GREAT NEWS!

The server that was in my trunk have Pctracker installed. If they connect the computer to the internet we'll probably be able to know where the server is. If we got the server maybe the car isn't far.....

Bruno