The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kinetic Concepts (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3831)

ClarkKentSVX 04-24-2002 03:15 PM

Kinetic Concepts

I was just wondering what ever happened to the Kinetic Concepts site. I guess it's gone? They had some SVX stuff. Stainless Steel brake line, silcone hose kits, exhaust, intake, and they were working on a tranny kit. Anyone remember them?

Clark

BLKSVX92 04-24-2002 03:20 PM

They've been long gone. I ram across there going out of business site/sale either on ebay or yahoo shopping i don't remember. Everything is gone.

Motorsport-SVX 04-25-2002 07:27 PM

Re: Kinetic Concepts alternative

Quote:

Originally posted by ClarkKentSVX
I was just wondering what ever happened to the Kinetic Concepts site. I guess it's gone? They had some SVX stuff. Stainless Steel brake line, silcone hose kits, exhaust, intake, and they were working on a tranny kit. Anyone remember them?

Clark

We are still around and have all they had and more...
if you need anything try us at
www.motorsportwarehouse.com
check out the Gallery section..............dayle

svxboy 04-26-2002 02:14 AM

Dayle?

My email is down and I need to order 4 sets of stainless steel brake line sets for the SVX. Let me know what kind of price you can do and if you have them in stock. I can only receive email. Thanks, Greg fastestsvx@yahoo.com

resilva 10-13-2005 04:11 AM

Reviving an old thread because it has our name in it.

Yep I did a going out of business sale on eBay back in 2001.

But not everything was or is gone. Hung on to some stuff.

Anyway I'm posting because I was thinking of KC and decided to do a search
on line, I was shocked to see that our stuff is still all over SVXs.

It's now 2005 almost 5 years after I sold my last part and I can find SVXs in Germany that still have our stuff on it.

Anyway I have spent the last hour and 1/2 reading every post on this site and the Yahoo site that mentions us.

I look back now and realize how many people I e-mailed over the 4 years we were in business.

If anyone wants to ask any questions about me or KC go ahead and post it on this site.

I'll be honest any SVX tech related questions will probably boggle my mind seeing that I haven't driven or wrenched on one in almost 5 years.

Hope all are well and glad that people are still enjoying their SVX.

-Richard Silva-
Kinetic Concepts '98-'01

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLKSVX92
They've been long gone. I ram across there going out of business site/sale either on ebay or yahoo shopping i don't remember. Everything is gone.

SilverSpear 10-13-2005 04:24 AM

Mr Silva

Good to have you back again, I am wondering, all the attention and interest now is to make the SVX faster and more reliable than before, were you attempting any engine mod concerning turboing the EG33 or tuning it (cams or something) while keeping it N/A... before going out of business??

Anything you can add to this forum concerning engine/tranny level?

We are all interested to know that... :confused:

LarryIII 10-13-2005 04:33 AM

Rich,

Glad to see that you're still around. Hope all is well with you & yours.

RSVX 10-13-2005 08:09 AM

Holy CRAP! Blast from the past!

I was a regular at your site, but at the time I didnt have the funds to sink into this car.

As with Larry, I wish you the best.

immortal_suby 10-13-2005 05:28 PM

Wow - I still have your red silicone hose kit on my svx and if you'd have been in business when I bought it I'd have put one on the wife's svx too. Your site was the first to support us - we all missed it when it went. Good to hear from you.

ensteele 10-13-2005 06:21 PM

I am happy you stopped by and let us know your status. Hope everything is going good and I wish you the best. :)

resilva 10-15-2005 02:21 AM

I believe the interest was always "to make the SVX faster and more reliable than before"

I don't know what infomation Jacob responded with when he answered e-mails. But I have a feeling he told people what they wanted to hear, like turbo charging, Stage 1 million etc.

Since I did all the R&D on our SVX here is what we had on our test mule.

KC intake
KC Exhaust
KC Silicone hose kit
KC steel braided lines built by Goodridge for KC.
KC Carbon Kevlar street pads.
With just the above mods power was at 271hp

The following was being tested, but never got a chance to sell. It was on the car but never dynoed.

KC cold air ram intake pipe, never sold but tested.
Field SFC piggyback fuel computer.
Hayden Trans oil cooler
rebuilt 95 tranny with all TSBs and upgrades.
Prototype shift kit, similar to the the TransGo shift kit.
Prototype higher stall speed torque convertor.
GReddy electronic peak/hold warning EGT gauge

What I was working on was:
1. a tuning setting for the Field SFC Fuel computer
2. finding an affordable way to monitor knock, timing, all temp sensors,
and injector duty cyle by using an affordable plug n data logger in order
to tune with and resell as a tuning tool for others.

I'll have to dig up some of the articles I wrote on the SVX tranny, for those of you that remember I posted all upgraded, part numbers from subaru tranny serial numbers, to cut off dates for factory upgrades and so on.

Most of the tranny info can be found in the Subaru TSBs, I beleive ALLDATA has them for sale still.

-Richard Silva-
Kinetic Concepts '98-'01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Mr Silva

Good to have you back again, I am wondering, all the attention and interest now is to make the SVX faster and more reliable than before, were you attempting any engine mod concerning turboing the EG33 or tuning it (cams or something) while keeping it N/A... before going out of business??

Anything you can add to this forum concerning engine/tranny level?

We are all interested to know that... :confused:

SilverSpear 10-15-2005 07:43 AM

So Mr Silva, in what business are you in right now? R U thinking of getting back to the SVX world?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: -----> ;) ;) -----> :D :D

ensteele 10-15-2005 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resilva
I'll have to dig up some of the articles I wrote on the SVX tranny, for those of you that remember I posted all upgraded, part numbers from subaru tranny serial numbers, to cut off dates for factory upgrades and so on.

-Richard Silva-
Kinetic Concepts '98-'01

If you send them to me, I can post them in the How-To Documents under Transmission informaton.

Thanks for getting back on the site and letting us know how things are going. :)

NikFu S. 10-15-2005 02:22 PM

271 hp from just intake and exhaust?

Motorsport-SVX 10-16-2005 09:48 PM

not to bring up a bad subject

but I still have a set of your white faced gauges
They didnt match up to the svx, and I never got
a refund on. Bought them at least 3 yrs ago just as
you where getting out of the whole scene and I was
getting into it. Think the ones you sent me fit a
Legacy.