The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spiker D12 plans production, SVX windows! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31949)

museumquality 03-06-2006 11:24 PM

Spiker D12 plans production, SVX windows!

Thought you guys would dig this,
the car is a work of art, check it out. j

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/02/...ction-planned/

SilverSpear 03-06-2006 11:27 PM

This car was already discussed, but cool to see it again though :p :p

R. Augur 03-08-2006 02:47 PM

Spyker also makes an open air roadster with the same windows, minus the rear windows.

Soooo, if anyone wanted some inspiration for chopping the top of from their SVX......there you go.

BTW: I think the SVX is a WAY better looking car than that thing!

R. Augur 03-08-2006 02:51 PM

The Spyker D12 "Peking-to-Paris" is a four-wheel drive, four-door, four-seater luxury Super Sports Utility Vehicle with a spacious interior and a high performance W12 500 bhp engine.

Besides the four door and "Sports Utility" name, and of course the W12, sounds like they are trying to reinvent the SVX:rolleyes:

Nothing like being 15 years behind the curve!

So much for innovation.

NikFu S. 03-08-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R. Augur
The Spyker D12 "Peking-to-Paris" is a four-wheel drive, four-door, four-seater luxury Super Sports Utility Vehicle with a spacious interior and a high performance W12 500 bhp engine.

Besides the four door and "Sports Utility" name, and of course the W12, sounds like they are trying to reinvent the SVX:rolleyes:

So much for innovation.

It's a lot closer to the B11s.
All wheel drive, suicide 4 door, four seater luxury Grand utility Tourer (:rolleyes: ) with a spacious interior, high performance turbo H6 400bhp hybrid engine and 5speed auto.
On top of that, huge rims, glass roof, hatch trunk (assuming from it's depth), chrome trim everywhere, bumper integrated exhaust, and a few odd styling cues.

Speedklix 03-08-2006 05:32 PM

looks like a supercoupe rearended an svx into an aston martin. It does look like an svx rip off, it isn't even just the AWD four seater with floating cieling deal ...even the shape and curve of the windows are the same.

I like it... it looks really weird, but I felt the same way about the murano and now IT looks normal to me. I love the cabin. The shot from above reminds me of a fish

R. Augur 03-08-2006 06:07 PM

Not familiar with the B11s, a subaru prototype?

More info please.....................

ANybody notice that the steel Supports in the last interior picture.......any guesses to their need?

I would hate to hit my face on those.

It's Just Eric 03-08-2006 09:51 PM

Looks like a bloated sports car. Why the hell are people trying to make fast SUV's? They should just take the S out and call them UV's, because most SUV's are anything but S. If it actually IS an SUV, it should go through mud and stuff...not the autobahn

Crazey kids:(

kis86 05-22-2007 07:43 AM

Sory guyss..

Sorry guys, I love it :p

http://www.cars.com/go/features/auto...ion_spyker_d12

Unlikely it would be imported into the U.S. though, so it looks like I'll be moving! They have some other awesome cars as well on their website.

...could maybe do with some reinventing of that front-end before I pack my bags though ;)

b3lha 05-22-2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R. Augur

So much for innovation.

Actually, it's us who is behind the curve. Spyker INVENTED the 6-cylinder 4WD touring car in 1902. http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19583 ;)

I agree with Eric. The car is too bloated, the roof is too high and the wheels are on backwards.:p

PDSides 05-22-2007 08:48 AM

Can't imagine going 185 mph in that machine. Aero lift above 100 mph must be horrific. Somebody somewhere will buy one, or two. Don't expect to see a long production run.
Preston

It's Just Eric 05-22-2007 09:50 AM

taken directly from the arcticle
Quote:

A vertical fin runs from the windshield back, dividing four glass roof panels. Side window cutouts recall Subaru's SVX coupe, and suicide doors have metallic edges that match the vehicle's lower body.
A leat we arent the only ones who think so..
Now, I LOVE spyker's outlandish designs, like the c8, with it's quilted red leather interior and chrome everywhere...But gos damnit I haote when people jump on the bandwagon. An SUV is seriously the LAST thing id expect such an "off the beaten path" car manufaturer like spyker to make.That'd be like lambrogini making an economy car....

svxxx26 05-22-2007 08:40 PM

That is one UGLY car.

svxistentialist 05-23-2007 03:14 AM

If it looks that bad in showroom condition, it is hard to imagine how ugly it will be when it gets a little rain dropping off the kids to school.

Unless I miss my guess, the rich Arab kids that the car is marketed and designed for, they will not buy it because of the glass roof. The sun is straight overhead in their latitudes.

Regards the powerplant, Porsche most likely used any influence they had to get the VAG corporation to supply Spyker with the W12. Now that this D12 thing is making production, all those Cayenne owners with more money than taste can point out that now there is a more ugly SUV on the market.:rolleyes:

Lamborghini already went some way down this road with the LM002, which was also an assault vehicle. An assault on the visual senses, that is, unspeakably ugly.

I'm all for opulence, but this thing makes toads look sleek. And I am gutted that they used the window in window concept. We really don't need people making any mental connections between the SVX and this antithesis of elegance.

I don't like it.

Joe