The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My SVX's for your viewing pleasure.... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23870)

mrcare 01-17-2005 11:36 AM

My SVX's for your viewing pleasure....

1992 Subaru SVX - Green
120,000 Miles, No modification.
Date of Purchase: 9-24-04

1992 Subaru SVX - Silver
57,000 Miles, No modification, other than wheels.
Date of Purchase: 10-15-04

1992 Subaru SVX - White
150,000 Miles, No modification.
Date of Purchase: 9-27-04

1992 Subaru SVX - Green
180,000 Miles, No modification. Driveable parts car.
Date of Purchase: 11-29-04

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/mrcare/24129.jpg

And I'm always looking for more (low miles 80K and lower, 92-97), if anyone knows of any for sale up in the Northwest area, (California, Oregon & Washington areas!), please let me know mrcare@gte.net.

Thanks guys, you have all been a great help in me working on these and for future projects....

Thanks again.

RSVX 01-17-2005 12:08 PM

haha... Earl now has viable competition!!!

ensteele 01-17-2005 12:19 PM

:p :p :p :D :D

:cool:

shelfy 01-17-2005 12:39 PM

holy transmissions, batman! 4 SVXs purchased in just over two months time! :cool:

ensteele 01-17-2005 01:24 PM

The Liquid Silver looks like a good one! :) Just what I'm lookin for. :D

SubaSteevo 01-17-2005 01:30 PM

Wow! Glad to see all the parts going to good use.

SilverSpear 01-17-2005 11:50 PM

LETS MAKE A COMPETITION

... for the title: Most SVX's Owned ! :D b/w ensteele and mrcare !

who wins? ensteele is a serious guy
mrcare is determined !!

who wins? the Champion or the Challenger ??

:D :D :D :D :D

ensteele 01-18-2005 12:06 AM

Does my mountain of parts count as - a running parts car. My extra engine runs, and I have enough parts to be able to move it around. :D :D

SilverSpear 01-18-2005 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
Does my mountain of parts count as - a running parts car. My extra engine runs, and I have enough parts to be able to move it around. :D :D
No ! only running cars !
build another SVX with the parts... :D

SSSVX 01-18-2005 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RSVX
haha... Earl now has viable competition!!!

:D:D:D

mrcare 01-18-2005 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by shelfy
holy transmissions, batman! 4 SVXs purchased in just over two months time! :cool:
Here's my short and brief Subaru story. I wanted to drag race an import car in a bracket class. I needed an AWD automatic car to be somewhat consistant. I looked up many different cars on the Internet and decided to give the SVX a shot.

At that time there were two SVX's on eBay that were within driving distance of here, so I bid on both of them. I didn't expect to be the high bidder on both of them but I was. I REALLY didn't want two of them. I went down to Sacramento to pick up the first one (green), and within the first couple of hours, I was...at the least, very impressed. A few days later I picked up the other one (white). I had the local Subaru shop go through it before I drove it back, and one of the mechanics was BS'ing with me and said one of his buddies had one of these cars in his garage and had not drivin it in years. He put me in contact with him and that's how I accuired the Silver one).
At that point I had to have more.
Over christmas I drove down to Lake Tahoe and met up with some family and drove over snow packed roads (again impressed). After my family drove it around they wanted one too.

I picked up the other green one (considered my parts car) from an ad in a local newspaper, some college girl had it, it didn't run, kinda tore up and wanted like $800 for it. I picked it up on the spot and within a few of getting it back I had it running.
It's nice to have another car you can swap out parts & computers with to diagnose problems....

The SVX has one quality that will take some getting used to, it is a heavy car, and once it spins out (breaks loose on ice or wet roads), it wants to keep on spinning and is very slow to come back to control. I guess I may just need some more practice.... (or more SVX's)....hehe.

Anyways, I'll keep you updated as I accuire them....

Thanks for all the positive energy here...it's great.

Landshark 01-18-2005 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mrcare

The SVX has one quality that will take some getting used to, it is a heavy car, and once it spins out (breaks loose on ice or wet roads), it wants to keep on spinning and is very slow to come back to control. I guess I may just need some more practice.... (or more SVX's)....hehe.

congrats on all those SVXen! :D

do you have good snow tires? makes a HUGE difference in handling on snow-covered roads. i think its very easily controlled in a slide, but maybe i'm just used to it. go practice in some empty, snow-covered parking lots . ;)

n00b on demand 01-18-2005 11:08 AM

Quote:

Here's my short and brief Subaru story. I wanted to drag race an import car in a bracket class. I needed an AWD automatic car to be somewhat consistant. I looked up many different cars on the Internet and decided to give the SVX a shot.

At that time there were two SVX's on eBay that were within driving distance of here, so I bid on both of them. I didn't expect to be the high bidder on both of them but I was. I REALLY didn't want two of them. I went down to Sacramento to pick up the first one (green), and within the first couple of hours, I was...at the least, very impressed. A few days later I picked up the other one (white). I had the local Subaru shop go through it before I drove it back, and one of the mechanics was BS'ing with me and said one of his buddies had one of these cars in his garage and had not drivin it in years. He put me in contact with him and that's how I accuired the Silver one).
At that point I had to have more.
Over christmas I drove down to Lake Tahoe and met up with some family and drove over snow packed roads (again impressed). After my family drove it around they wanted one too.

I picked up the other green one (considered my parts car) from an ad in a local newspaper, some college girl had it, it didn't run, kinda tore up and wanted like $800 for it. I picked it up on the spot and within a few of getting it back I had it running.
It's nice to have another car you can swap out parts & computers with to diagnose problems....

Wow man that is awesome....congrats and good luck!!

Earthworm 01-18-2005 12:53 PM

Quote:

...once it spins out (breaks loose on ice or wet roads), it wants to keep on spinning and is very slow to come back to control.
I agree...it will do that without winter tires. With winter tires it's a whole other story.

Chiketkd 01-18-2005 07:08 PM

Congrats! Which one will you make into the bracket racer?

-Chike